Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Program Lets You Buy Land to do with 'As You See Fit' - Star Citizen News

Comments

• WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 451
    edited November 2017
    rensta said

Erillion said:

>>>
    the fight will be over the 1%.
    >>>

All 80000 (=1 %) per planet of it ? .... with hundreds of planets and moons ... for a total of many millions of land claims in that 1 % alone ?

You worry about THAT ?!

The really coveted positions around POIs will be no-build zones anyway according to CIG.

Have fun

So your argument is basically that they are selling worthless pixel items and that people are wasting their money buying them because there is no advantage to it?

Seems like a strange argument to make...

Really, this forum bunny is a paid PR guy..... Trying to support this product no matter what, trying to give anything negative a spin off...
    But you kinda failed this time.
    Its either all land is equally pointless, hence no need to buy early,or even at all.
    Or the land feature is really good and useful, those who get good spots get an advantage.
    Ofc you will say, people just donate money to support the game, but at least when they bought ships, it was something with value in game, a good useful ship.
    These lands as you stated are just worthless pieces, you get nothing by buying them now, except losing your money.
    This is like : please donate to get the most basic stater ship every one will get.
    No matter how you look at this land selling trick, it's both bad.
     Yeah its been known forever that he's a shill for SC. He has even been cought posting info here before being posted off their main site....

Someone was even nice enough to put it all together in a youtube video. You'll have to look that up for yourself.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Yes, but in Entropia the land actually exists as more than a concept on paper. You can walk to it, see it, build stuff on it, etc. With Star Citizen it only exists as a concept written on a piece of paper somewhere, much like many of the ships people have purchased. That's a huge difference. 
    You seem to ignore a few hundred videos and screenshots this week that shows people doing things on the surfaces of moons and planets in Star Citizen Alpha 3.0. You can find quite a few of those in the mmorpg.com subforum for Star Citizen.

And surface of moons and planets is ***drumroll*** LAND.

You can see it. Walk on it. Drive on it. Find stuff on it. Carry cargo over it. Do crashcar derbies on it. Race over it. Build stuff out of boxes on it. Drop rovers from orbit on it and explore the crash site.

Seems like the boots of my spacesuit leave dusty footprints in your "piece of concept paper".

Have fun
    DaRedHawk
     He has even been cought posting info here before being posted off their main site....

Someone somewhere will understand the concept of SC subscribers getting information exclusively a short while before they appear on the main site. Cue: "The Vault" and "Jump Point Magazine"

But obviously not here and now in this thread.

Have fun 
    WalkinGlennDaRedHawk
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    atonico said:

bennylong said:

haven't this game raised over $132 millions? Is this the most expensive game to be ever made???

GTA V cost 250M ... but yeah, crazy that a supposed to be self fund / indie developer can rack up so much cash and still delivers dust.
    50 million or more of that went to advertising and marketing as well. Something SC doesnt spend a dime on.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I'm sure when their back orders of ships are cleaned up everything will run better.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    edited November 2017
    Three words, and they each start with w....t....f...
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    I usually don't comment in game threads that I don't see myself playing, but from the outside, the selling ships, land and such, just looks bad.  So many games are overboard on p2w, it would not give me confidence going forward.  So many games claim they will never be p2w, and break that pledge.  I wouldn't trust that I would spend time/money on this game, and they would come out with an expansion pack or something to where you could buy moons or a ship that can smash everyone else for like $500-1000.  The game I am playing now is super p2w, and I see people spending thousands (you don't have to pay, but it means you have to spend a ton of time and multiple accounts to try to keep up with the cc swipers).
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Erillion said:
     He has even been cought posting info here before being posted off their main site....

Someone somewhere will understand the concept of SC subscribers getting information exclusively a short while before they appear on the main site. Cue: "The Vault" and "Jump Point Magazine"

But obviously not here and now in this thread.

Have fun 
    Question: what happens when a backer buys this land, then a ship that deploys a base/pod/home there...  And one hour later a good comes screaming into the atmosphere loaded for bear and kamikazes himself into the base/pod/home:

1) I assume it would deal damage to the building structure according to the physics or the two objects, yes?  Meaning, depending upon the size of the base and ship, the base/pod/home would very likely be completely destroyed, correct?

2) Is there lifetime insurance on deployed buildings that will provide for this?  If so, is this lifetime insurance only purchasable prior to release, as I understand ship insurance to be?

3) if there's no lifetime insurance on the property, how do you think backers would react if their property is immediately and utterly destroyed once the game goes live due to trolling/griefing players?
    MrMelGibson

Question: what happens when a backer buys this land, then a ship that deploys a base/pod/home there...  And one hour later a good comes screaming into the atmosphere loaded for bear and kamikazes himself into the base/pod/home:

1) I assume it would deal damage to the building structure according to the physics or the two objects, yes?  Meaning, depending upon the size of the base and ship, the base/pod/home would very likely be completely destroyed, correct?

2) Is there lifetime insurance on deployed buildings that will provide for this?  If so, is this lifetime insurance only purchasable prior to release, as I understand ship insurance to be?

3) if there's no lifetime insurance on the property, how do you think backers would react if their property is immediately and utterly destroyed once the game goes live due to trolling/griefing players?
    Question:

Why would such a base not have a shield that would keep the attacker from smashing into the base/pod/home ?

ad 1) no damage due to strong shield (in EVE base shields were invulnerable for some time after an attack, so the owner of the structure can organize a determined defence if he wants)

ad 2) no information on insurance for bases known yet

ad 3) laugh as the attacker explodes harmlessly on the base shields, then calls the NSC advocacy policemen to pick up the pieces and arrest the survivors ... and put them to trial for utter fail.

Have fun
    DaRedHawk
    edited November 2017
    Erillion said:

Question:

Why would such a base not have a shield that would keep the attacker from smashing into the base/pod/home ?

ad 1) no damage due to strong shield (in EVE base shields were invulnerable for some time after an attack, so the owner of the structure can organize a determined defence if he wants)

ad 2) no information on insurance for bases known yet

ad 3) laugh as the attacker explodes harmlessly on the base shields, then calls the NSC advocacy policemen to pick up the pieces and arrest the survivors ... and put them to trial for utter fail.

Have fun
    So all deployed building structures are confirmed to have shields that come with the structures?

We shall see. 

In the same way as we will see if people can make kamikaze runs.

Have fun
    DaRedHawk
  • bennylongbennylong Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Will this go down in history book like tulip, Ponzi, and madorf?
    Erillion said:
    We shall see. 

Have fun
    So it's still in the works for how those will work to keep such kamikaze runs from occurring, specifically by backers who have previously purchased lifetime insurance, thereby blunting any detrimental effect said kamikaze pilot would endure?

There's a lot of sticky parts to this.  It's going to take a lot of careful planning and execution to ensure CIG doesn't have an angry move of backers should the trolling/griefing we've seen in pretty much every other game ever made creeps into this title.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Hey you cant have land without a house! Come see our early xmas specials and get yours for only a few thousand dollars today!
    House... bah...  I’m waiting for the chance to buy various bases.
    and factories 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Working game....no.
    Working cash shop....yes.

klash2def
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Wow so many people who never even invested in a game in their lives crying because a game sells virtual land, I guess people forgot about games like Entropia Universe that sells land up to the value of 250k real money, If you can't afford to invest then keep your noses out and go cry somewhere else.
    Entropia Universe has a complete game BEFORE they starts selling plots.

Entropia Universe also starts selling land claims AFTER the community land grab.

There is quite a bit of difference. lol.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Erillion said:
    We shall see. 

Have fun
    So it's still in the works for how those will work to keep such kamikaze runs from occurring, specifically by backers who have previously purchased lifetime insurance, thereby blunting any detrimental effect said kamikaze pilot would endure?

There's a lot of sticky parts to this.  It's going to take a lot of careful planning and execution to ensure CIG doesn't have an angry move of backers should the trolling/griefing we've seen in pretty much every other game ever made creeps into this title.
    As long as it's in "We shall see" status, everyone is free to assume the best!  And if everything is the best, the message is clear.  Give CIG more money.  And buy their stuff, because it's gonna turn out perfect and flawless!

I said it before, but again, even if Star Citizen were to launch with all its features as intended, it would have been funny to see many original fans get the rude wake-up call that comes with an open PvP game.  (well, unless they're Eve players but most of them probably aren't)
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Well, at least we now have a two word definition for "Feature Creep"
    JamesGoblinEponyxDamor
  • LeoTolstoyLeoTolstoy Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Roberts has always struck me as a used car salesman and now he's a slumlord? I am an early adopter and have held my judgement, but this news has left me thinking the worst. What's next?
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Can I say mean and hurtful things to the people that come onto the land I own in this game without getting in trouble and breaking the TOS or whatever those rules of conduct things are called?
  • forcelimaforcelima Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Im surprised land is so cheap only 100$. Next are space stations. 
  • Dr_BinksDr_Binks Member UncommonPosts: 271
    WTF,,,,,, and peeps are pissed off at EA because of loot boxes in BF2,,,,,,,, At lest it's a game you can play! Mr Roberts,,, if you read any of these comment I hope you go away with one thought,,,,,,, (and I am someone that was a sub and has over $500 in ships) Stop this type of BS and put something out and I dont mean 3.0 SQ42 would be a great start,,,,,, I dont need land I can go to after all I already have ship I can even see so yeah,,,,, We want more then just a dream,,,,
    Asm0deus
  • Verum0Verum0 Member UncommonPosts: 55
    edited November 2017
    The guy who states this as investment. What kind of return does this investment have? Investment normally have a return or sometimes they don’t. Like stocks and CD’s. What is the actually monetary value of this? Is this something I could sell out for a profit? Just curious
  • IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    This is why we need sanctions against lootboxes, cashgrabs and crowfunded. These companies need to be held accountable and if the game isn't made in a deadline up to par on their feature list then they pay back their consumers. 

MurderHerd

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Erillion said:
    Yes, but in Entropia the land actually exists as more than a concept on paper. You can walk to it, see it, build stuff on it, etc. With Star Citizen it only exists as a concept written on a piece of paper somewhere, much like many of the ships people have purchased. That's a huge difference. 
    You seem to ignore a few hundred videos and screenshots this week that shows people doing things on the surfaces of moons and planets in Star Citizen Alpha 3.0. You can find quite a few of those in the mmorpg.com subforum for Star Citizen.

And surface of moons and planets is ***drumroll*** LAND.

You can see it. Walk on it. Drive on it. Find stuff on it. Carry cargo over it. Do crashcar derbies on it. Race over it. Build stuff out of boxes on it. Drop rovers from orbit on it and explore the crash site.

Seems like the boots of my spacesuit leave dusty footprints in your "piece of concept paper".

Have fun
    I have a bridge to sell, I have pics, vids of it and I need to sell it fast so that is why its cheap

Slapshot1188
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.