Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MHO shuts down after less than 6 months on consoles. Microsoft offering refunds, NA Sony is not.

vomomotovomomoto Member UncommonPosts: 82
Anyone else find this funny? Sony in EU is giving out refunds, but NA Sony is telling users to go take a long walk off a short cliff.

Source 1: http://massivelyop.com/2017/11/28/marvel-heroes-former-dev-says-disneys-not-the-bad-guy-xbox-one-grants-automatic-refunds/

Source 2: https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelheroes/comments/7g5sni/its_official_microsoft_is_sending_out_automated/

So Microsoft is issuing automatic refunds for any purchases you made through them for Marvel heroes Omega, while Sony is telling everyone too bad, so sad.
I only ever got one refund from Sony, and that was for NMS. It was extremely painless and quick. I walked away impressed with their customer service.
Called them about getting a refund for this and was told I not only purchased the last DLC 14 days ago, but also played for a combined total of 8 hours, getting multiple trophies in the process. When did NA Sony support start sucking this bad? I called multiple times, same jerkish reply every time.

Microsoft on the other hand is doing automatic refunds for all MHO purchases, even if you didn't ask for it.
KyleranMrMelGibsonScotty787

Comments

• KopogerooKopogeroo Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Criminals will always do their best to bait individuals into taking the $ without offering the service/goods. They will do then everything possible not to pay off and they do this usually because those who receive $ to do their job, aka the police/authorities are not too far off, doing everything possible to avoid doing their job when you come to them.

Luckily it's up to the victims in any case to decide how far they are going to go to protect what's theirs and seek whatever justice satisfies them now, later on or at the end of their lives as they enjoy clearing their bucket list.

Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Pretty classy of Microsoft if true,  must be trying to tone down their "evil empire" image.

Sometimes it's good to be working with a firm which has truckloads of money.

Octagon7711MrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    What I've read is that MS requires companies to provide their online services for a certain period of time or refund players.  Sony does not have such a requirement.

I'd still have to guess that MS is paying out of pocket as Gaz is going bankrupt and their creditors probably get first dibs on any assets.
    KyleranvomomotoAvarixPhryScotty787MellowTigger
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Better idea .. just play a game for f2p .. so no worries about refunds.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

LOL - and half of my games would be shutdown already because nobody supported them
    Blaze_Rocker
  • ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283

wut, it's a f2p game, but obviously if u want to speed up progression and like the game most players would just pay for hero packs on characters they want....

LOL - and half of my games would be shutdown already because nobody supported them
    You unders-estimate the whales. I play Warframe for a while .. paying nothing .. it does not look like it is going away.

Actually .. are you a whale? If you are .. then i concur .. please do play. Let me know which game you play. I will go there to have some free fun. 
    Psym0n
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

You unders-estimate the whales. I play Warframe for a while .. paying nothing .. it does not look like it is going away.

Actually .. are you a whale? If you are .. then i concur .. please do play. Let me know which game you play. I will go there to have some free fun. 
    Strangely enough I think many console players are more apt to pay for their games, sort of the basic premise behind them.

ConstantineMerusPhry

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• vomomotovomomoto Member UncommonPosts: 82
    edited November 2017
    Kyleran said:
    Pretty classy of Microsoft if true,  must be trying to tone down their "evil empire" image.

Its true. Microsoft is kicking ass with this.

What I've read is that MS requires companies to provide their online services for a certain period of time or refund players.  Sony does not have such a requirement.

I'd still have to guess that MS is paying out of pocket as Gaz is going bankrupt and their creditors probably get first dibs on any assets.

I read that too now. This is the dumbest thing ever. So on the Sony platform as a whole, you can make cash grab games that last more than 14 days and not have to worry about anything. Hopefully this doesn't continue to bite them in the ass like it did here.
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    isn't Sony now Daybreak?
  • RosenborgRosenborg Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Galadourn said:
    isn't Sony now Daybreak?

No, Sony is still Sony.

Sony Online Entertainment or SOE is now Daybreak
    GaladournBrokenSilencePhry
  • BrokenSilenceBrokenSilence Member UncommonPosts: 321
    edited November 2017
    Does anyone else find it funny? I'm sure most don't find it funny, it's pretty sad you do.
  • Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    This is why having software reliant on a server sucks.
    pantaroBlaze_Rocker
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    vomomoto said:
    Anyone else find this funny? Sony in EU is giving out refunds, but NA Sony is telling users to go take a long walk off a short cliff.

Source 1: http://massivelyop.com/2017/11/28/marvel-heroes-former-dev-says-disneys-not-the-bad-guy-xbox-one-grants-automatic-refunds/

Source 2: https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelheroes/comments/7g5sni/its_official_microsoft_is_sending_out_automated/

So Microsoft is issuing automatic refunds for any purchases you made through them for Marvel heroes Omega, while Sony is telling everyone too bad, so sad.
    I only ever got one refund from Sony, and that was for NMS. It was extremely painless and quick. I walked away impressed with their customer service.
    Called them about getting a refund for this and was told I not only purchased the last DLC 14 days ago, but also played for a combined total of 8 hours, getting multiple trophies in the process. When did NA Sony support start sucking this bad? I called multiple times, same jerkish reply every time.

Microsoft on the other hand is doing automatic refunds for all MHO purchases, even if you didn't ask for it.
    not surprised at all! i spend most of my time on my gaming PC but,when i do play console games i dont care how many exclusives sony has i play on my xbox too many shady decisions for my taste when it comes to how playstation treats players.
    Octagon7711
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I really wish they turn that game into a single player. Did't Sony get caught putting root kits on their hard drives once and encrypting drives to only work on the original console?

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

For Sony the moment any in-game item is delivered, you can no longer get a refund for it, in the US.  

Doesn't matter how long you've had the item, it could be 5 minutes, it could be 5 days. 

Seeing as how Gazillion had the license pulled in October, everything since then and them going "business as usual" were deceptive practices.  People that made purchases in and after October should have definitely been automatically refunded, but not by Sony, by Gazillion.  

The stance from Sony in the US is.. "We agree you should get a refund, there is nothing we can do, contact Gazillion for a refund." 

vomomoto

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,976
    Kyleran said:

The Empire Strikes Back! But cuddly and all touchy feely. :)
    laseritOctagon7711BeezerbeezScotty787
    Kyleran said:

Strangely enough I think many console players are more apt to pay for their games, sort of the basic premise behind them.

I think that depends on the type of games. A buy-to-play game .. sure. Even i will do that. I just bought Destiny 2 around 2 weeks ago.

But F2P games? I doubt. But if there are more whales on console, I would not be surprised. Unfortunately they won't affect me because I am a PC only guy. 
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Kyleran said:

I think that depends on the type of games. A buy-to-play game .. sure. Even i will do that. I just bought Destiny 2 around 2 weeks ago.

But F2P games? I doubt. But if there are more whales on console, I would not be surprised. Unfortunately they won't affect me because I am a PC only guy. 
    On a side note, and in this case specifically, PC players get nothing no matter their region.  In this case, being a console player gave you some kind of recourse.  

On a side note, and in this case specifically, PC players get nothing no matter their region.  In this case, being a console player gave you some kind of recourse.  
    True. Hence, as a PC gamer, it is more important to enjoy the FREE in the f2p games. 
  • vomomotovomomoto Member UncommonPosts: 82

For Sony the moment any in-game item is delivered, you can no longer get a refund for it, in the US.  

Doesn't matter how long you've had the item, it could be 5 minutes, it could be 5 days. 

Seeing as how Gazillion had the license pulled in October, everything since then and them going "business as usual" were deceptive practices.  People that made purchases in and after October should have definitely been automatically refunded, but not by Sony, by Gazillion.  

The stance from Sony in the US is.. "We agree you should get a refund, there is nothing we can do, contact Gazillion for a refund." 

Exactly. And now they are offering a half assed refund after massivelyop, IGN, and Kotaku did an article on how Microsoft is refunding and $ony is not.

So $ony are offering refunds from 8/17 and after, even though Gaz was lying from 6 months before the console launch. 
    Gaz is 100% guilty of false advertising. If $ony had any balls, and really were for their customers (like apparently Microsoft is), they would have refunded everything and dealt with Gaz directly, just like Microsoft is.
    maskedweaselKyleran
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    Personally while it is nice to see Microsoft picking up the ball here to make customers happy I don't believe they should have.  It wasn't Microsoft or Sony that pulled the plug on the game.  It wasn't their fault that Gallizon lost the license and the bank closed the doors early.  It should be the heads of Gallizon that are taken to court for fraud or false advertising.  These things do not happen overnight, someone somewhere knew this was coming other than all the PC players that saw it when they stopped giving two craps about the ones who made their game popular.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited December 2017
    k61977 said:
    Personally while it is nice to see Microsoft picking up the ball here to make customers happy I don't believe they should have.  
    Well, from a completely practical business amoral perspective, Microsoft should have offered the refunds anyways I think.  Saying "You never know when an online game on our console could be cancelled within 6 months!" is bad for your brand name.  Such a thing really stifles peoples' willingness to spend on games on your console (indeed, I saw a ton of people say "I'm going to be a lot more wary on spending on online games now" after this fiasco), and as a business, customers who don't want to spend money because they're scared is not something you want.
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    Platform owners have immense power over their platform.    Apple has been offering quite a few refunds to Clash of Clans owners (and similar), if their users have been taking pictures of their promises of fixes/updates/contests that never happen.   Especially if they have sales/deals related to their broken promises.   These have been past 6K USD in refunds to some individuals.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

vomomoto said:

Gaz is 100% guilty of false advertising. If $ony had any balls, and really were for their customers (like apparently Microsoft is), they would have refunded everything and dealt with Gaz directly, just like Microsoft is.
    There is no Gaz to deal with anymore. Everyone is laid off, and the company is closed down.

Sure, Sony can certainly afford to help out customers, but dealing with Gaz is just worthless.