Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forbes: 'Destiny 2' Has Been Secretly Reducing XP Gains, And Is Stopping After Fans Caught On

13»

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Update on the entire subject: after promising to rework the system, Bungie has doubled the amount of XP required to earn the engrams.

At least they're being honest about it, though from what I understand, they doubled it prior to actually implementing the fix to the game to reflect accurate XP earned per activity.  /facepalm

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/357769-destiny-2-update-doubles-xp-requirement-bright-engrams
    So instead of nerfing XP for repeated easy activity grinding and displaying that nerf for all to see, they've opted for doubling the required XP thereby nerfing it for anyone doing any activity? lol
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Iselin said:
    Update on the entire subject: after promising to rework the system, Bungie has doubled the amount of XP required to earn the engrams.

At least they're being honest about it, though from what I understand, they doubled it prior to actually implementing the fix to the game to reflect accurate XP earned per activity.  /facepalm

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/357769-destiny-2-update-doubles-xp-requirement-bright-engrams
    So instead of nerfing XP for repeated easy activity grinding and displaying that nerf for all to see, they've opted for doubling the required XP thereby nerfing it for anyone doing any activity? lol
    Yea, it seems pretty tone deaf.  I'm not sure why Bungie though now would be a great time to make that change, even if it was previously planned lol...  /boggle

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    ciely said:
    whats more surprising is how people buy destiny 2 after all that destiny 1 dlc nonsense
    Well I think the die hard fans thought, "surely what they learnt and the implemented ideas would pass on to the next game." 

Which they're right to think, as it's a standard thing in most games. First game is created, by the next one they iron out the kinks and improve their content and gameplay for the second one.

Well they got caught out the first time, not surprising that they're being honest now. Players are watching them like hawks

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Herase said:
    ciely said:
    whats more surprising is how people buy destiny 2 after all that destiny 1 dlc nonsense
    Well I think the die hard fans thought, "surely what they learnt and the implemented ideas would pass on to the next game." 

Which they're right to think, as it's a standard thing in most games. First game is created, by the next one they iron out the kinks and improve their content and gameplay for the second one.

Well they got caught out the first time, not surprising that they're being honest now. Players are watching them like hawks

They didn't announce it- they just confirmed it after players noticed, front what I understand.  But at least is wasn't misrepresented in the game UI.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    It's interesting how all these people claim cosmetic are unimportant, despite being such a huge incentive as an extra monetisation source for every company out there.