Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Curse of Osiris Stream Canceled in Favor of Addressing Community Issues - Destiny 2 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageCurse of Osiris Stream Canceled in Favor of Addressing Community Issues - Destiny 2 - MMORPG.com

Destiny 2 News - With a rising tide of angry customers clamoring for fixes to Destiny 2, the team has opted to cancel tomorrow's live stream that was to showcase Curse of Osiris weapons and armor. Instead, fans will "hear from studio leadership about their assessment of Destiny all up, they'll talk about our goals for the game going forward and you'll also learn about how we're reacting to your feedback with some updates that will arrive in the next few weeks".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited November 2017
    What's funny about their response to the xp thing is that they didn't tell anyone that they double the amount of exp needed to get the engrams when they shut the scaling system off. Oh Bungie, you clever boys! /endsarcasm. As a side note, you can try Destiny 2 now for PC, even though it took half the day for the launcher to get updated. Still no time frame on when the trial ends (that I can find at least).
  • mmrvmmrv Member RarePosts: 305
    MY buddies 12 year old son just had his account banned, no reason no nothing just derp sorry you are banned. The 12 year old has no cheats. Customer service just says FOAD you are banned. Buyer beware.
    RyuushimaAlomarThupliZeneren
  • joewolf79joewolf79 Member UncommonPosts: 31
    I'm a little bummed that this xp situation is the issue everyone is latching onto. I had a great time with the game leveling my 3 characters, but when it came to gearing it was their anti-grinding penalties that made me quit. What do they expect us to do in a loot game when all the quests are complete besides making mad dashes for chests? Do they expect us to just do one or two events, then climb a tree and pick our nose for 5 minutes? Even more frustrating is how there's no way of knowing about diminishing loot returns on grinding so I spent 3 weeks getting mostly crap from Cayde's chests, and thinking there was a cap on how many zone resources I could carry. Promotional news for their expansion is everywhere, yet I've seen nothing to indicate they have any intention of addressing this.
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    edited November 2017
    I really couldnt care any less about the xp or whatever people are going on about. I bought it at release, easily got around 100 hours game time in, and havent played in a month. I got my moneys worth out of a 60$ purchase. Cheap entertainment. If the x-pacs come with atleast a $1 and hour ratio of of gameplay, ill be happy. Its a game, play it, have some fun, go on about your business. 
    [Deleted User]unfilteredJWPhryRobbgobb
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    edited November 2017
    Dodged a bullet by skipping this one. The hype was so high I almost gave in, now I'll get it a year+ down the line for 60% off, polished, and with post-launch content.
    SiugPhry
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    It's so weird. But, like with more casual MMOs, since I'm playing D2 casually, it seems I don't have the hate so many do. I'm still light level 242, and climbing slowly. It's good to be slow...
    [Deleted User]SBFordcatofmanybartoni33Octagon7711infomatzMoxom914NephethZeneren

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    We will have to see what the Blog post brings. If its anything like we've seen so far, I doubt things will turn out well. They need to go back to the old perk system (drops, strikes, raid and PvP), They need to ditch the anti grind nonsense that has infected the game, and they need to be more open with the player base. Absent that...
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

It's so weird. But, like with more casual MMOs, since I'm playing D2 casually, it seems I don't have the hate so many do. I'm still light level 242, and climbing slowly. It's good to be slow...

I hit 305 on the 2nd week after 5 characters worth of raids, whilst managing a full "cash shop" optimacy set, most the emotes, etc etc. Bright Engrams never bothered me. Sure the amount of loot and content in the game is lacking, as this is probably the only game I've ever attained every "unique" item in the game.

I'd give it a 7/10 overall, PvP needs a bit of work, lacking content, but overall it is a solid game. Sure everyone want's any game they purchase for $60.00 or more to be the GOAT.

I will say that they DEFINITELY needed better testers. As 99% of the exploits popped up the moment PC players got their hands on the full game. Trostland having the best exp per minute outside of raid speedruns, the dozens of raid exploits for both normal and prestige mode. All of that could've been avoided with a large amount of competent testers.
  • WarzodWarzod Member RarePosts: 495

Agreed. I have been playing up to light 286 and I am still having a great time and really not understanding all this hate. Just seems like a lot of Varuca Salt.
    catofmany[Deleted User]
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

In reality this only affected people who grind events, no? Bungie's comment was that the system had the OPPOSITE effect on people who did longer activities like Strikes and Crucible. Hiding that was obviously a bad thing, but I wonder if that was even the intent. I'm still playing, I care more about the horrible social system in the game. I'd be playing more if it was easier to team up with guildmates in game for group content. Finally got to do a Night Fall, had to result to cold calling online guildmates XD
    [Deleted User]tannim78
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Torval said:
    Wraithone said:
    We will have to see what the Blog post brings. If its anything like we've seen so far, I doubt things will turn out well. They need to go back to the old perk system (drops, strikes, raid and PvP), They need to ditch the anti grind nonsense that has infected the game, and they need to be more open with the player base. Absent that...
     Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
    No, you absolutely shouldn't..
    unfilteredJWIselin

• LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    So people are frustrated over exp? Seriously? I didn't even know there was an increase to get engrams, is it just for bright engrams? cause I seem to get them pretty easy.

My complaint would be to add more friggin pvp modes, why is it only clash and clash variations? control is more about kills than control, then there is clash with limited lifes.. ohh and competitive pvp is another clash with an objective except if you clash more than objective. What happened to ffa or some of the other modes from destiny 1? Competitive mode with multi tier objectives would be awesome.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Hearing about the xp took something out of me. I've only logged in once since then, had a good time, but still. It's like finding out your friend talked about you behind your back, still friends but will always remember.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

same here. just hit 280. ive always played destiny slow. not enough content to rush to end game just to get mad
    bartoni33
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Torval said:
    Torval said:
    Wraithone said:
    Also funny coming from someone who "plays" the game via YouTube. Go ahead and give us your first hand insight.
    Using that analogy then anyone who tries to tell you about the game they just played, its pros and con's etc is just wasting your time because 'you' didn't experience it yourself. All youtube video's are obviously faked up and don't represent actual gameplay at all. Seeing is not believing after all :p
    [Deleted User]
  • alivenaliven Member UncommonPosts: 346
    Thats... really slowly... You do know that, at this point, each blue is a upgrade? And blue drop from every single event and most adevntures... Hell blues drop from literally everything in this game :P
  • ArimosArimos Member UncommonPosts: 10
    I just hope they fix the bloody bugs in this game...
    I play on PC and and I can't play more than an hour without game crashing or freezing.
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    While people are complaining about cosmetic items of all things, the real problem sits untouched. The anti-social systems in place that caused the outrage all along. Think about it. No zone chats. Thus, not making it easy to make friends for the raids that get you the best gear. No auction housing, or an economic system that would support an auction house. This would eliminate the gear grind to a degree, and allow players to gear up in an alternative way. Poor guild functionality, and no in-game way to join or recruit players outside of spamming people as they run by. Trying to get a raid is odd to say the least. Why is there a seeker and guide mode? Why do they even exist? How about you just join solo or as a group, and if you don't have a full group, it finds people to fill it? Why is it so convoluted? Since finding a fireteam is more difficult due to above restrictions in meeting new friends, this makes solo and casual players hit that gear wall far more quickly than someone who started playing the game with some friends. Essentially putting the good gear behind a clan wall. So you are basically forced to join up with people. I think the whole social system could be looked at, and this XP issue would have never been as big as it is. Just show the XP values(instead of hiding them), and don't reduce XP for grinding. It's that simple. They are doing it to themselves.
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Jesus.. and you can't even delete your own posts.  Nice.  Speaking of other boneheaded issues that should never exist.  A delete button..
  • alivenaliven Member UncommonPosts: 346
    Arimos said:
    I just hope they fix the bloody bugs in this game...
    I play on PC and and I can't play more than an hour without game crashing or freezing.
    Try updating windows. I know it sound silly, but whenever there is a update pending game is crashing. 
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited November 2017
    Torval said:
    Torval said:
    Wraithone said:
    Also funny coming from someone who "plays" the game via YouTube. Go ahead and give us your first hand insight.
    Where did I ever claim first hand insight into the gameplay?  I've commented on the monetization and deceptive UI.

You complained on another thread about the backer NPCs in Pillars of Eternity for christ's sake, saying it pissed you off enough to almost stop playing iirc, but you belittle anyone who makes waves about about BF2's gross lootbox scheme when they say it makes them want to skip the game.  PoE's backer NPC system is flavor text that you have to actively seek out to read with NPCs populated into the game in a way that's pretty fucking immersive in the grand scheme of things.  Yet lootboxes that provide straight power upgrades is something you seem to think consumers should just put up with?

EDIT- and I've not watched a single YouTube video on Destiny 2.  Not a fan of watching YouTube videos on video games, unless it's a gameplay video on an upcoming release.