Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Planes of Prophecy Expansion Launches with New Trailer - EverQuest II Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2017 in Videos Discussion

imagePlanes of Prophecy Expansion Launches with New Trailer - EverQuest II Videos - MMORPG.com

The EverQuest II team has announced that the Planes of Prophecy expansion has launched. Planes of Prophecy is the game's fourteenth expansion and gives players the opportunity to enter the Celestial Planes for the first time.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Looks fun.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• shetlandslarsenshetlandslarsen Member UncommonPosts: 203
    I recently returned to EQ2 and i am having a blast. Will def buy this expansion.
    I am a scizo misanthrope. So one day I may go BANZAI on your post.
    Have not yet though. Maybe there is hope?
    Nah there is really none for me or the human race. 
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Tried the game a few times over the years but it continues to run like a jalopy.
  • hasho83hasho83 Member UncommonPosts: 84
    It sux ! And im stil mad about EQN ,sooo F daybroke !
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    so the same mobs over and over :/ , another giant , another robot yawn
  • Cyber_wastelandCyber_wasteland Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Amazing to see this game still getting content the way it does. Coming from a household that lived for EQ and then going in to EQ2 had some good times with my family playing it so its always going to be loved for me. Even tho daybreak has done some....things.

• DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081

flizzer said:

Tried the game a few times over the years but it continues to run like a jalopy.

If this game engine ran like WoW, it would be almost as successful today. The fact that it runs so badly it is an instant veto to most people who try it - even when it was new and nicely populated most people who tried it didn't have PCs that could run it well - YEARS after release.

Imagine what it was like with 2006-era hardware (useless iGPUs for gaming, and lots of people on Pre-Core iSeries CPU, slower RAM and Hard Drives, etc.

GPU almost doesn't matter with the EQ and EQ2 engines. Any decently modern iGPU suffices, because it's all about the GPU (how strong your cores are, since they aren't optimized for multi-core well - if at all).

A lot of WoW's success is due to how well it ran on lower-end systems and the fact that Blizzard has much better developers than SOE/Daybreak.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Yeah, that is why I don't play EQ2. Not only did the graphics age like crap, it looks like crap AND runs like crap. It doesn't even perform good at all...to compare to WoW just cause they came out roughly same time...WoW looks vastly better and runs vastly better lol.

Which is a shame, cause EQ2 is pretty awesome. But wow does it perform bad. And it has so much graphical glitches where shadows disappear and reappear depending on what direction camera moves. That part might not annoy (some?) people, but graphical glitches like that are a pet peeve, only beaten by terrible pop-ins. But with how bad EQ2 looks, it should run a lot better.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Play off and on but get frustrated with the quest tracker and map. Their is a 3rd party map you can download but it just makes it worse. Wish they would over haul the map and tracker to something like Wow has.