Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Single most favorite feature

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
My single most favorite feature is a long lasting fight...... Nice and simple right ?  

I miss standing at a distance lining myself up with a target. 

- Deciding what class of fighter it would be:  
Is it a caster that will stand its ground and not approach with all his friends around him.  Is it a shield and sward welding human where I would have to flank him, or dodge and strike.   What level is he ?.... Can I take him ?

- Deciding what abilities to use:
At level 15, I have several abilities to choose from.  With this I can formulate a series of combo's for different situations.  I spent talent's points that heighten "my own" style of fighting.  How will I go about entering that crypt full of skeleton's spaced a few feet apart ? 

- I've researched the class abilities and talent's:  
I know at level 20 I'll be getting "sap".  This will change everything.  Now I have more control over multiple mobs.  This is a major game changer, but it has a timer for how often I can use it or how long it will last so I better be careful.  Again the rules have changed who do I fight and who do I stun ? 

- Now I'm in a group:
Everything I have planed playing solo my not be viable now that I have a Tank..... I'll not go into detail, you know what I'm saying. 

What happened with building a good strong character....... It's a lost feature :(  
YashaX

Comments

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Sounds like every rpg/mmorpg I have played/play. What games are you playing?
    [Deleted User]Gorwe
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    At level 15, I have several abilities to choose from.  
    [...]
    What happened with building a good strong character....... It's a lost feature :(  
    Go to CO :wink:  you won't even have to wait till level 15 for having "several" abilities to choose from, you choose from all the abilities in the game.

For the question itself, I don't care about long (neither short) fights, I don't play MMOs for combat. Story would be my "single most favourite feature", but on a second thought that is not a feature for me but a given (I don't touch games with weak or bad or non-existing story)

So, I'm on the fence actually, between the music system of LotRO, and Cryptic's Foundry (STO, Neverwinter). Both are amazing features for the community, and MMOs main strength is their community. At least for me.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    YashaX said:
    Their all button mashing now !
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    My single most favorite feature is a long lasting fight...... Nice and simple right ?  

I miss standing at a distance lining myself up with a target. 

- Deciding what class of fighter it would be:  
    Is it a caster that will stand its ground and not approach with all his friends around him.  Is it a shield and sward welding human where I would have to flank him, or dodge and strike.   What level is he ?.... Can I take him ?

At level 15, I have several abilities to choose from.  With this I can formulate a series of combo's for different situations.  I spent talent's points that heighten "my own" style of fighting.  How will I go about entering that crypt full of skeleton's spaced a few feet apart ? 

- I've researched the class abilities and talent's:  
    I know at level 20 I'll be getting "sap".  This will change everything.  Now I have more control over multiple mobs.  This is a major game changer, but it has a timer for how often I can use it or how long it will last so I better be careful.  Again the rules have changed who do I fight and who do I stun ? 

- Now I'm in a group:
    Everything I have planed playing solo my not be viable now that I have a Tank..... I'll not go into detail, you know what I'm saying. 

Is you getting banned from a game I like a feature?
    Quizzicalcameltosis
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    YashaX said:
    You didn't press buttons in the games you like to play? 
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    YashaX said:

You didn't press buttons in the games you like to play? 
    Not all of them. My phone or tablet screen has no physical buttons. 
    YashaX