Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Trial for PC, PlayStation 4 & XBox One Begins November 28th - Destiny 2 Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageFree Trial for PC, PlayStation 4 & XBox One Begins November 28th - Destiny 2 Videos - MMORPG.com

This is a celebratory trailer from Bungie and one that invites prospective players to try out Destiny 2 beginning Tuesday, November 28th. All progress will be saved should a player choose to purchase the full game at the end of the trial period.

Read the full story here

Comments

• knightauditknightaudit Member UncommonPosts: 389
    Interesting .. I could not find out how long the trial is.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited November 2017

Could be an unlimited trial since it says progress to level 7 and your progress is saved. More than likely just trying to build up PR etc given how all the negative press they've been getting in the past 1-2 months. Good games getting ruined by questionable companies seems to have been the theme on this year in gaming.
    OysterstewKilraneAsm0deusdjnj2000
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    So you can level all three classes to seven, perhaps.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Can't download the FREE Trial yet on Battlenet. Only a BUY NOW option. Let's see where this goes.
    Lumicron

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999

Avanah said:

Can't download the FREE Trial yet on Battlenet. Only a BUY NOW option. Let's see where this goes.

Yeah I can't seem to find it either :-/
    Lumicron

imageimage

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Same. I couldn't either and I looked hard. I wonder if it's an "x-number of hours" preview or a time limited trial? Nothing I saw said so. I hope they clarify. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059

Avanah said:

"Free Trial for PC, PlayStation 4 & XBox One Begins November 28th"
    SBFordOctagon7711
  • TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999

Forgrimm said:

Avanah said:

Ah yeah, maybe thats it... though you'd think they'd let us predownlaod it *shrugs*
    MikehaSlapshot1188CrypticNews

imageimage

• CanibalolerCanibaloler Member UncommonPosts: 136
    edited November 2017
    I ll give it a try just to see how is running on my rig.. I'm not expecting much though
  • knightauditknightaudit Member UncommonPosts: 389
    I guess this is like a WOW free account where you can play as much as you want to level 20 and that is it. I thought it would have a Time limit as well
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Origin does 10 hour trials, Blizzard does level trials like WoW to level 20, as many characters as you want until your character slots fill up. Destiny 2 should go at least to level 20, the real game doesn't start until 50 anyways. They probably didn't want people blowing through the PvE content which is limited.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• tannim78tannim78 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    might have to give a look.....
  • koljanekoljane Member UncommonPosts: 171
    Guess they already started to loose numbers with this free trial so soon.
    Wraithone
    Torval said:
    There could be a couple ways they limit the game. It may be the tutorial only, or just up to a certain mission level while limiting the level cap. Anything you get before level 20 doesn't matter that much to progression the progression gains post 20.

It's become one of my favorite shooters. I hope you have fun with the trial.

DESTINY 2 TRIAL INCLUDES:

• Campaign Mission on EDZ & Titan
    • Adventure and Explore two full worlds
    • PvP Multiplayer: Crucible Quickplay Playlist
    • Character Progression: to Level 7
    • Gameplay carries over to full game with purchase
    • Clan Functionality
    [Deleted User]
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Think this Polygon post killed.

"LivingTheBlue: It’s pretty generous of Bungie to throw in almost half the game with this trial."
    Shodanasacidblood

Forgrimm said:

Avanah said:

I know that. I read it. In the past Pre-loading the game was an option. Not so much with this one.

Avanah said:

Forgrimm said:

Avanah said:

I know that. I read it. In the past Pre-loading the game was an option. Not so much with this one.

Honestly, it seems like an unplanned thing to quell the some of the press they've been suffering (at least to me it seems). I think the PC official launch had pre-loading but I could be wrong.
  • CryolitycalCryolitycal Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Small tip: if you're a PvP type and want to check the shooting, the gear scales so you will play with ALL the player pool at same level (arguably with weaker guns, although some leveling blues are VERY strong in PvP). There's no ladder however so it's just for fun, but if it's free and unlimited.. yeah.
    Give it a shot. If you are a WoW player, some gold investment and the game is yours for free anyway in its entirety.
    [Deleted User]
  • Syphin_BSyphin_B Member UncommonPosts: 340
    edited November 2017
    Don't call for it guys...trust me...don't. This game is suffering and it's falling hard and fast
    WraithoneCanibalolerRexKushman
  • CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359
    want the most truthful review of the game? Go to bungie forum and see. Nothing but complains and shitstorm. Avoid this game.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    1. Company reduces XP to get more people to by XP boosts

2. Story comes out and suddenly they say they no longer like that system

3. They change the system to no longer reduce your XP but they increase the XP needed to level

4. They get caught again! Playerbase leaves in droves so they offer a free trial to get more suckers in

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

edited November 2017
    Maybe Blizzard didn't get the announcement for the free trial since its still not pre-loadable for pc.
    Free Trial still not available on Battlenet as of Noon, 28 Nov 2017.

Avanah said:
    Free Trial still not available on Battlenet as of Noon, 28 Nov 2017.
    Patience is a virtue. It will be live at some point today.
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Well the free trial is up. 

Forgrimm[Deleted User]