Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will Crowfall have the same faith as wildstar?

CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
i have the feeling this game will die very quickly

moba gameplay
+7000 dollars ingame pixels
limited diversity gameplay

as i see it.. not much new shit in this game... 5/6 classes with each 6/7 skills? very simplistic combat.. no presitent world. seems to me they spended more time on the cashshop then adding stuff to their game.

so can anyone tell me why i should play this game? or what are your idea's about this one?

JamesGoblinFlyByKnightTheScavengerGdemami

Comments

• Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538
    Well, for starters, it's not a MOBA at all. MOBAs don't have matches that last months at a time. They don't have character progression. Just because there are campaigns that end doesn't make it a MOBA.

Second, the stuff that you can buy for thousands of dollars are 100% optional. They don't add any power whatsoever. They can only be used in Eternal Kingdoms. The competition will be in the Campaigns.

There are 11 classes. I don't know where you got 5/6. Knight, Cleric, Assassin, Ranger, Champion, Myrmidon, Templar, Frostweaver, Duelist, Druid and Confessor. Each class can use a minimum of 12 abilities (1-8 + LMB, RMB, E and C), with some of those abilities being combos that allow for additional attacks/effects. Each class can also use multiple trays. Some classes will have a melee tray and a ranged tray, or a melee tray and a stealth tray, in the case of the assassin, and they can have different abilities on different trays. Humans get an extra ability slot and an extra passive slot (as their racial bonus). If you add up all the buttons, trays and combo abilities, it's easily over 20 for each class.

I'm not sure where you got the idea of limited diversity. You should probably check out the discipline system. It provides a lot of choices for customizing your character. Races matter too, they aren't just cosmetic. Different races have different stats, abilities and passives. And there are still more customization options to come. The ability to use crafted vessels. Stats on vessels can be customized as part of the crafting process. Also, there will be advantages and disadvantages as part of initializing a vessel, which will allow further customization. Skill train is on top of all that.

If you are serious about wanting to know about CF, I suggest you check out the website and read up on how it works.
    YashaXJamesGoblinSky.FalconLeFantomeWurzela
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited November 2017
    There is way too much to comment on so i'll pick a few to get across a POINT.

I am not saying i KNOW Crowfall in and out,i am merely suggesting to attain an answer,not just for myself but for all .

"abilities" in combat.Are the mobs designed around these abilities,or are they simply O/P abilities to one shot mobs?Do weapons MATTER,are the mobs yet again designed around damage types/resistances?
    Is the game designed around a group or is like so many games,a group just a tag and not really designed into the group combat?
    "Campaigns" i will straight up mention this is a terrible design.I have no idea what they are trying to represent here but it is not plausible realism and actually just resetting the game .I have a VERY strong hunch that many are too naive,i feel this entire game will be designed around the cash shop weather people/fans believe it or not.

The mere mention that the cash shop is "optional"is nonsense,it represents the MOST desirable aspect of the game,how could that be construed as "optional"?I am a VERY strong believer that the game should  act like a game world and NOT like some cash shop from the sky feeding it assets.

Bottom line is i do not trust this developer at all,i need to see a finished product and is a game i would no way in hell give money to BEFORE it is a finished game.It is highly unlikely i would give any game money up front anyhow but is possible if i see a distinct design that really stands out as good/fair and plausible.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Yes, it will have the same "faith."
    JamesGoblinConstantineMerus
  • genaknoscgenaknosc Member UncommonPosts: 112

moba gameplay

as i see it.. not much new shit in this game... 5/6 classes with each 6/7 skills? very simplistic combat.. no presitent world. seems to me they spended more time on the cashshop then adding stuff to their game.

so can anyone tell me why i should play this game? or what are your idea's about this one?

I would recommend just reading the FAQ, not a single correct assumption in your post, except the high price pixels, but that is for cosmetics in a non -campaign virtual housing thing.
    JamesGoblinLeFantomeWurzela
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041

moba gameplay

My idea is that you don't know anything about Crowfall as it is nothing like you describe. There is no NDA, at all, you can find all the info you need to make an informed decision, no smoke and mirrors. 

Me? I've been rocking it since Alpha. My most anticipated and excited crowdfunded project by a big margin. These guys are working their ass off and it is coming together quite lovely.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 
    JamesGoblinKyleran
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Arkade99 said:
    Well, for starters, it's not a MOBA at all. MOBAs don't have matches that last months at a time. They don't have character progression. Just because there are campaigns that end doesn't make it a MOBA.

Second, the stuff that you can buy for thousands of dollars are 100% optional. They don't add any power whatsoever. They can only be used in Eternal Kingdoms. The competition will be in the Campaigns.

There are 11 classes. I don't know where you got 5/6. Knight, Cleric, Assassin, Ranger, Champion, Myrmidon, Templar, Frostweaver, Duelist, Druid and Confessor. Each class can use a minimum of 12 abilities (1-8 + LMB, RMB, E and C), with some of those abilities being combos that allow for additional attacks/effects. Each class can also use multiple trays. Some classes will have a melee tray and a ranged tray, or a melee tray and a stealth tray, in the case of the assassin, and they can have different abilities on different trays. Humans get an extra ability slot and an extra passive slot (as their racial bonus). If you add up all the buttons, trays and combo abilities, it's easily over 20 for each class.

I'm not sure where you got the idea of limited diversity. You should probably check out the discipline system. It provides a lot of choices for customizing your character. Races matter too, they aren't just cosmetic. Different races have different stats, abilities and passives. And there are still more customization options to come. The ability to use crafted vessels. Stats on vessels can be customized as part of the crafting process. Also, there will be advantages and disadvantages as part of initializing a vessel, which will allow further customization. Skill train is on top of all that.

If you are serious about wanting to know about CF, I suggest you check out the website and read up on how it works.
    I dont know anything about crowfall but reading that human got an extra abilty slot and passive slot sounds like the race you need? I really dont like games were races plays a huge factor. Unlike for example ffxiv where racials are minimal.

Races is for me picking it for lore or looks. 
    JamesGoblin

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    It wont fail like Wildstar, if it fails it will be more like Darkfall with few but loyal players... In either case it will be a niche game, at best a very successful nichegame like Eve at worst it will be gone after 6 months.

Darkfall was a very different game made on a AAA budget and with the hopes of getting several million players. I don't think anyone think Crowfall is going for that and as a crowdfunded game it have nowhere near the budget WS had (only SC could say that among the crowdfunded games).

If you want sandbox styled tough PvP it might be the game for you, if you are a PvEer you probably should look on Pantheon and if you want softer PvP Lineage 3 (or whatever they call it right now) is worth looking into.

WS tried to be a mainstream popular PvE MMO but it fell short. Comparing it with CF is not really fair or logical.
    laxieJamesGoblin
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    I agree with @Loke666, it's two completely different games. A very strange comparison to make.

The design is not heavy on microtransactions. If you look at their very last video, they talk about the business side quite a bit. They clearly state the cash shop will be reduced as time goes (and this has been the case in the past). Their final model is a Buy-To-Play game with an optional subscription.

It's one of the few games I am fairly confident won't become pay to win. 99% of the items you buy (especially the big $$$ items) are cosmetic only - no impact on the Campaigns.

The "moba gameplay" is designed to keep the worlds fresh. The idea is to have people start over in new Campaigns every few months, to prevent one group from owning everything. I think this will make things fresh, and especially the beginnings of each Campaign should be interesting.

The last time I tested the game, about a year ago, the combat was clunky. I hope they polish this by release. Keep in mind the overall budget for the game is relatively low at the moment - you can't really compare it to AAA games.

JamesGoblin
  • FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    genaknosc said:

moba gameplay

I would recommend just reading the FAQ, not a single correct assumption in your post, except the high price pixels, but that is for cosmetics in a non -campaign virtual housing thing.
    Fuck that, I would recommend reading in general. Seriously? "the same faith"? Your parents should lock away your computer until you learn the words that you are trying to type.
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    laxie said:

<snippety snip>

The "moba gameplay" is designed to keep the worlds fresh. The idea is to have people start over in new Campaigns every few months, to prevent one group from owning everything. I think this will make things fresh, and especially the beginnings of each Campaign should be interesting.

The last time I tested the game, about a year ago, the combat was clunky. I hope they polish this by release. Keep in mind the overall budget for the game is relatively low at the moment - you can't really compare it to AAA games.

On a sidenote, I always felt that describing Crowfall in MOBA terms (same as labeling it with "PvP only", which is IMO far from true), or even just connecting it with the genre in any way, such as putting it in the same sentence, will rather hurt than help.

Crowfall is much more of a MMO than 90+% of what we have on the market, formally "persistent" "worlds" which are essentially series of single player RPG and/or short instanced 5 man experiences. Even just the word "non-persistent" is true - yet quite misleading - only if applied to some parts of the universe.

PS I know you know, just typed it for others to see.

PPS Speaking of clunky combat from last year, it's still clunky just a tiny-miny-bit less so:

Dragnelus said:

I dont know anything about crowfall but reading that human got an extra abilty slot and passive slot sounds like the race you need? I really dont like games were races plays a huge factor. Unlike for example ffxiv where racials are minimal.

Races is for me picking it for lore or looks. 
    @Dragnelus They are going for exactly the opposite of what your typical MMO is doing, choices will matter a lot; BUT due to the vessel mechanics, on your "character" (spirit-crow) you'll be able to fly and possess whatever body you want - better to say, whatever you can craft/steal.

Bodies in Crowfall are like another (major tho) piece of gear, like ships in EVE. Also, the game is designed in such way that Humans are far from forced or obvious choice (for example, they're not making even my top 3), there are all kinds of tempting racial bonuses.

W...aaagh?
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041

@Dragnelus They are going for exactly the opposite of what your typical MMO is doing, choices will matter a lot; BUT due to the vessel mechanics, on your "character" (spirit-crow) you'll be able to fly and possess whatever body you want - better to say, whatever you can craft/steal.

Bodies in Crowfall are like another (major tho) piece of gear, like ships in EVE. Also, the game is designed in such way that Humans are far from forced or obvious choice (for example, they're not making even my top 3), there are all kinds of tempting racial bonuses.

I know, I know, Who would play a human when......: 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor crowfall guinea

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    KyleranJamesGoblinDragnelus
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    You're an idiot.