Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kakao Thanks Its Community for Two Years of Epic Adventures - Black Desert Online - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageKakao Thanks Its Community for Two Years of Epic Adventures - Black Desert Online - MMORPG.com

Black Desert Online News - Kakao Games is thanking its community for two years of epic adventures. To do so, a number of items are being given away. The rewards are being given to Conqueror's Package, Explorer's Package and Traveller's Package pre-order owners. You can see the matrix, as well as the instructions for how to redeem the rewards after the jump.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Azaron_NightbladeMikeha

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Thank you Kakao.

You are the best.
    AgnharAlomarLeguma11
  • SKurjSKurj Member UncommonPosts: 156
    hmm i have explorers package yet received nothing... though i do not recall if i actually pre-ordered to get it or not..
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I found this very disturbing and pathetic at the same time.

Give us money,so we can say thank you.
    I say thank you to many people every single day,not one of them had to give me any money.Kakao never cared to say thank you before,so yeah this is about money,they couldn't give two shits about anyone.
    It makes it all the more pathetic when the "packages" are thrown into the statement.
    Whomever wrote that is what i call a FAKE person.If they want to come out and just say thank you to all our players,that is great but no they had to toss in those packages.
    SiegeMachinechocolate42069CellandineAlomarqoma

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    DMKano said:
    How about Kakao you get off your ass and release Mystic in the west - it's coming up on 5 months now that Mystic has been out in KR.....

And yes Mystic was released before Kama2 - which we already have
    They've said December long ago. I don't see that changing all of a sudden.

And the new rewards made for a nice surprise! A lot of people were happy today :D

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Need the RNG fixed if I'm going to ever play BDO again. At the very least stopping the downgrading if you fail would make me consider it.
    RexKushmanchocolate42069PhryXophSiegeMachineViper482Rhygarthspeedylegs8
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited November 2017

Wizardry said:

I found this very disturbing and pathetic at the same time.

Give us money,so we can say thank you.

I say thank you to many people every single day,not one of them had to give me any money.Kakao never cared to say thank you before,so yeah this is about money,they couldn't give two shits about anyone.

It makes it all the more pathetic when the "packages" are thrown into the statement.

Whomever wrote that is what i call a FAKE person.If they want to come out and just say thank you to all our players,that is great but no they had to toss in those packages.

I thought that was interesting also. We're giving you free stuff because you gave us money, so was it really free? More like a bonus, me thinks.
    RexKushmanchocolate42069speedylegs8

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Are you 2 serious?

Everyone that ordered those packages, me included, got everything we paid for 2 years ago. They didn't have to toss us anything ever again for it. I think it's a nice gesture. My account page is full of free items they have handed out over the last 2 years for things like extended downtimes and server problems. They didn't need to give us any of those things either but they did.

I think it's a bit ridiculous to criticize them for this.
    SBFordSovrathMikehaApridisemiyosaAzaron_NightbladeAlomarzigalucard[Deleted User]wingoodand 3 others.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    BDO is such a cash drain. Hate the cash shop. Limited time value packs and inventory expansion slots, etc. Seems to me the only way to enjoy the game is for you to spend lots of $$$, which takes the fun out of it if you don't have the $$$. Ironic. lol - and the grind....... ugh!

They need to give away inventory expansion slots (permanant) to make the stash managible.

Rant over!
    Alomar

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• ReverseSeraphReverseSeraph Member CommonPosts: 1
    So does this work with the steam edition or nah?
    Tokken said:
    BDO is such a cash drain. Hate the cash shop. Limited time value packs and inventory expansion slots, etc. Seems to me the only way to enjoy the game is for you to spend lots of $$$, which takes the fun out of it if you don't have the $$$. Ironic. lol - and the grind....... ugh!

They need to give away inventory expansion slots (permanant) to make the stash managible.

Rant over!
    They've done so at times. Rarely for obvious reasons though. ;)

And you can always use loyalty to increase your inventory slots. Every ten days, you can add a slot. Not counting bonus loyalty you get for reaching certain milestones, or for recruiting friends.
    Tokkenwingood

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

So does this work with the steam edition or nah?
    The Steam edition never had those packs as far as I know, so I'm afraid not.

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    I picked it up for $5 yesterday. Gonna give it a fair shot this time. Last time I was immediately turned off by it and uninstalled in record time.
    [Deleted User]
  • BananaSoupBananaSoup Member UncommonPosts: 180
    A year!!! The other year was on AFK lololol
    Viper482
  • CaboSoulCaboSoul Member UncommonPosts: 41
    So in order to thank their community they decided to gift the pre-order package owners. So in other words everyone else isn't part of their community. XD
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Just tried to jump back into BDO after playing 3 months at launch, no way. The rngfest, nonstop grind, and slight p2w is all still there if not worse than before due to increased "progression". Yet, the populations a fraction of the size and everyone I knew gave up on this game already. Another game on the list of untapped potential.
    MikehaViper482Signex
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176
    BDO would be a solid game in my eyes if they changed the way you upgrade your gear. I can't stand their gear progression system... it's all way too rng based for me.
    AlomarViper482
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    BDO had potential but the RNG and stupid stupid gear progression system killed it for me (does the gear still look the same as you level up or did they finally add actual loot tables? Prob not..) BDO is another eastern grind fest.. its pretty yea but that's about it.
    Viper482AlomarSignex
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    So many cool systems in this game, enjoyed it for a while. Turned off by the fact it is actually built around afk.
    PhryMikehaSignex
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Gorwe said:
    Do characters really look like that?
    BDO is probably the best looking MMO currently out there, if you have a decent enough PC that is, its likely also the most demanding MMO in terms of system resources. But yes, it really does look that good. B)
    Viper482wingoodSignex
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Gorwe said:
    There's a lot of options for character creation. This is what my warrior looks like.

TheDarkraynePhry
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    For an MMO, I think Kakao is one of the top companies when it comes to rewarding their players.  They seem to be giving things to players almost all year long and many times they are nice things that people actually want.  While I do not like the way the AH works or the RNG mechanics, I think for the little $15 a month sub fee you get a lot of value.  One of the best values on the current MMO market.
    SignexAzaron_Nightblade
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Phry said:

Gorwe said:

BDO is probably the best looking MMO currently out there, if you have a decent enough PC that is, its likely also the most demanding MMO in terms of system resources. But yes, it really does look that good. B)

I thought it was actually pretty well optimised. Definitely not as demanding as the graphics would make you think it is.
    SignexYashaX
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    They know it's a grind fest trust me. They are banking on the people who enjoy that I guess. Personally I can deal with a little bit of grind (what mmo doesnt have that) but the levels of it on BDO is far too much for me. It doesn't help that if you want any type of unique look or hell even something that's not the lvl 1 starter (or an alteration of it) look you gotta spend like 30.00 real life dollars to buy a outfit from the cash-shop. That's insane. Never had a mmo where you cant earn your look in game even if they have a cash shop with cosmetics, you still should be able to earn your look in game. 

What's worse is, I saw people a few years ago in the bdo forums saying how the cash shop prices were okay with them because it lets you point out who is a "pleb" in basic armor, or it allows them to feel more unique because they know only a handful of players can afford it.. LOL as if BUYING a costume for $30 makes you somehow an elite 1%er.. it doesn't. It's senseless when there are no other real options for customizing your look in game. 

This leads me to believe that BDO attracts a certain type of person/player. Because if this happened in other MMO's I feel like the communities would rebel so hard that it would be forced to change.. the fact that BDO is still going with this lets me know that the playerbase sort of just accepts it and is okay with it. Again a lot of them buy into it (not ALL b4 you say "not me blah blah blah") because they really want to be special snowflakes or some shit. 

Top of all this is horrible customer support.. jesus.. I'm not even going to get into that nightmare. Just going to say, I lost a founders package and they never fixed it. Many tickets. 

BDO is just another cash grab game with a pretty coat of paint. The only thing I will give them is the combat system is pretty good. If I could, I would take the combat system from them and put it in into another MMO.
    Alomar
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    edited November 2017
    am I missing something, I got a bell, what do I do with a bell?

also if anyone wants 7 free days, I have a ton of passes

• Leguma11Leguma11 Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Heh.... Can't wait until they have this down.... Games boring.... game is not even Mediocre ..... Wake up ... this is just a Soulless grind fest with..... Pathetic waste of time and resources ! -_-
    RexKushmanwingood