Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Curse of Osiris Mercury Lighthouse Hub Exclusive Gameplay - Destiny 2 Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageThe Curse of Osiris Mercury Lighthouse Hub Exclusive Gameplay - Destiny 2 Videos - MMORPG.com

The first Destiny 2 DLC expansion, The Curse of Osiris is just around the corner. We got some hands-on time on Mercury in the world hub known as the Lighthouse. Check out the new public event and environments that will soon be available in-game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Hey thanks for the gameplay and such, I just wanted to recommend everyone who wanted more from destiny to give warframe a try, it's really a great game now. :)
    tyrrinDeadSpockZandogZeneren

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Is this Destiny 1 or Destiny 2? Can't tell from the video.
    MadFrenchiewekyZandog
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • alivenaliven Member UncommonPosts: 346

Amazing that you are able to write without the ability to read.
    [Deleted User]LackingMMOTheDarkraynewekyOctagon7711Zeneren
    edited November 2017
    aliven said:

Amazing that you are able to write without the ability to read.
    Someone missed the joke. ;)
    Post edited by TheDarkrayne on
    wekyOctagon7711UNH0LYEV1L
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    edited November 2017

Maelzrael said:

Hey thanks for the gameplay and such, I just wanted to recommend everyone who wanted more from destiny to give warframe a try, it's really a great game now. :)

Despite D2 being so short at least when you shoot it feels like shooting in warframe shooting feels so weird and aiming down sucks.
    GTA has better shooting system than warframe that bad.
  • Jonnyp2Jonnyp2 Member UncommonPosts: 243

DeadSpock said:

Maelzrael said:

Despite D2 being so short at least when you shoot it feels like shooting in warframe shooting feels so weird and aiming down sucks.

As a whole Warframe is a better game than Destiny 2. However the combat isn't even close, Destiny is miles ahead. It just doesn't have enough content. I had 3 305 characters by the second week. Completely min/maxed characters by the 3rd week. After I get a couple Iron Banner pieces this week I don't think I'll touch the game until the next expansion after Osiris. This one looks just as short on content as the main game.
    Quizar1973
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

Jonnyp2 said:

DeadSpock said:

Maelzrael said:

As a whole Warframe is a better game than Destiny 2. However the combat isn't even close, Destiny is miles ahead. It just doesn't have enough content. I had 3 305 characters by the second week. Completely min/maxed characters by the 3rd week. After I get a couple Iron Banner pieces this week I don't think I'll touch the game until the next expansion after Osiris. This one looks just as short on content as the main game.

I think game companies have realized that people who can spend as much time as you do playing games are not the majority. I bet the majority of the players won't finish all the content and still be satisfied. I know I am. I haven't enjoyed a game this much in a while. I'd love it to be more too, but I am satisfied.

Warframe on the other hand doesn't satisfy me. The combat is a big thing, but it's very grindy to the point of not being fun. And the style of their player models turns me off of spending real money. A shame really, their environments and NPC models are great.
    Torval said:
    After reading how Warframe sells xp/progression/power advantage in the cash shop I decided to pass. I also don't like the idea of leaching xp off speed runners because that's all I can do until my level and gear get better.

The thing I love about Destiny is I can queue for strikes (dungeons) or I can roam the world maps, do events, challenges, and just shoot stuff up with other random people. It's particularly satisfying when a group of strangers clicks and takes down a heroic event together smoothly.
    Warframe has added an open world area now and plans to add more in the future I hear. I don't play it but I might give it a try with that addition.
  • MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Combat is warframe is miles ahead of destiny in my opinion. Each weapon you make actually feels different to use, and you can even change the animations for the melee weapons with stance mods, further changing the way the weapon feels. Honestly anyone who thinks Destiny or Destiny 2 is better in any way probably hasn't spent very much time in warframe. The game doesn't front-load all the cool stuff and leave you hanging either, it starts slow and hard to learn, but once you do it becomes this really incredible experience. Idk how it was in years past, because I didn't like it much and couldn't get into it. This year warframe is awesome though.
    Quizar1973

• DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Warframe is only good for free loaders that don't have money to buy a decent game.
  • UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    Destiny and Destiny 2 are so fucking boring. I would rather eat a bullet to be honest...
  • Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251

DeadSpock said:

Warframe is only good for free loaders that don't have money to buy a decent game.

Coming from someone who thinks the Auto Aim in GTA is better than Warframe....LOL
    No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)
  • alivenaliven Member UncommonPosts: 346
    Torval said:
    After reading how Warframe sells xp/progression/power advantage in the cash shop I decided to pass. I also don't like the idea of leaching xp off speed runners because that's all I can do until my level and gear get better.

The thing I love about Destiny is I can queue for strikes (dungeons) or I can roam the world maps, do events, challenges, and just shoot stuff up with other random people. It's particularly satisfying when a group of strangers clicks and takes down a heroic event together smoothly.
    Warframe has added an open world area now and plans to add more in the future I hear. I don't play it but I might give it a try with that addition.
    Open world area which is instanced for 4 people i believe. 

Regardless, Warframe for me looks very, very weird, in not a good way.