Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You favorite Class?

Ever since the gates of Moria opened i have been jumping in and off this game to play my Warden Bachus the Brave(and several others before that). But at level 93, i just could not find fun in the big battles.. and it took me almost 3 years to find my way back..

I mostly loved the Warden for its versatility and the flowing feel of its combat. Now i don't want to relearn the gambit system again, which totally relies on muscle memorize..  So i am going to play a new class.  I generally play healers, tanks or crowd controllers, just because i like to feel like having a real purpose when grouping. But in Lotro for a long time grouping has been sub par, unless something changed in the last 3 years

Now just wondering what other people's favorite classes are, and why?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• ByrgenarHofenByrgenarHofen Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Minstrel is mine, it was the first class I tired in beta, first class I tried when the game launched, and the one I have most fun playing.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Seems, its still Warden, just started a new hobbit warden, so i can relearn the gambits at a nice pace.

this class is so much fun, it makes all other classes pale in comparrison.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited November 2017
    Blue Hunter.

Way too overpowered at the moment.

That's not what I like about it. It's the tracking, the teleports, the run speed buff and being able to keep moving while attacking at range. Full of fluidity and convenience.
    MrMelGibson
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Hunter is the most enjoyable for me because of tracking skills, second is Lore Master because of the pets.
    MrMelGibson

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Tough pick, since I have all :wink:  maybe burglar is the bottom of the list, I only have 2 or 3 of them.

It also depends on the time. As a healer my favourite was minstrel obviously, for quite long time - till Orion arrived and totally changed them. For a while I loved champs (shing-shing! should I say more? :smiley: ) and between the stat revamp and the trait trees I loved captains, since their stats were unaffected by the nerf.

After the trait trees... hard to tell. Champion tank was fun, also trapper hunter. LMs, until their pets got the OP treatment. Really liked the bears, their building / switch / consuming mechanic is fun. Guards are pretty boring to me, though unquestionably they're the best tanks. If it's needed, I still prefer tanking with a champ, more fun. Or, a warden.

Yep, I think due to the mechanic I'd say the warden. They also had their ups and downs, but even at the nerfs it was fun to play them. It's weird, I love the gambit system, and still when Orion changed minis to a similar mechanic I simply left the class behind it was so bad. Gambits are only good for the wardens, I guess...
    MrMelGibson
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    First class was Minstrel and love it until Warden came to the game and won me over.
  • LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 543
    In my opinion - Minstrel. Self-sufficient class, capable of dps and heals (even stuns). AoE ranged nukes are really impressive.
    Warden may be good, it's universal class (melee/ranged/tank/...), but the number of combos, the fact you have to remember lots of rotations: probably not for me.
    Runekeeper would be good. Slow class, but at top levels they just Sith-lightining everything.
    Then - Loremaster. Just stand and let your pet do the job.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited November 2017
    That's why I added the time factor, @Lithuanian ; :wink:
    Mini, that's the current version. At start it was the "textbook" healer class, tough / almost-painful to level, hardly solo anything, but very easy to find fellows to group with (since game was harder too, and everyone likes to have a healer in the group)

Warden, that's mostly the same, got some easy-treatment but not much.

Rk, that's also just the current state, before the trait trees Rk was really tough to play well, but on the other hand was very rewarding. A good Rk was usually the best dps, or when traiting to the other side a mini-comparable healer with some extras on top. After the trait trees and the always-at-one-click-distance multiple builds the flexibility of the Rk diminished somewhat.

LM, was the CC and support master, and the pets were nice too but compared to the current state they were like wet paper towel :wink: 
    I remember sending out the crow to distract the ranged mob while I handled the rest of the group, and if I missed to drop heals on the poor fowl it was dead in maybe 10 seconds...
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    I am torn between loremaster and runekeeper.
    Gorwe
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    I prefer Runekeeper for the instacast lightning skill line. I'm not a fan of being rooted to cast a skill. Probably why I prefer the Blue Hunter too.
    edited November 2017
    Gorwe said:
    cheyane said:
    I prefer Runekeeper for the instacast lightning skill line. I'm not a fan of being rooted to cast a skill. Probably why I prefer the Blue Hunter too.
    What you don't like killing enemies in one cast(Heartseeker) as a Bowmaster? Or feeling like you hold a fucking Sniper Rifle? The same goes to Red RK and burning enemies alive with all those DoTs.
    I would, if I could do it while moving. With my blue hunter I just run around spamming barrage and destroy everything. Farming or grinding deeds is an absolute dream. You can get 3 Barrage off in the time it takes to do 1 Heartseeker. The Barrages total much more damage.
    Gorwe
  • SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Was the Minstrel as it was my first class(beta to release).

But now it's Loremaster.
    Sinsai said:

But now it's Loremaster.
    Strange somehow the only immersive caster class in lotro seems runekeeper..espescially the lightning part...the annimations of the spellcasting seem to feel much more real...

• IggunsIgguns Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Hunter.  The travel skills and awesome dps.  In second place is Guardian.  Great tanks.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Sinsai said:

But now it's Loremaster.
    Strange somehow the only immersive caster class in lotro seems runekeeper..espescially the lightning part...the annimations of the spellcasting seem to feel much more real...
    At first they didn't want to have any pure magic classes at all because there were only seven  wizards in cannon, they finally gave in and created runekeeper.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Sinsai said:

But now it's Loremaster.
    At first they didn't want to have any pure magic classes at all because there were only seven  wizards in cannon, they finally gave in and created runekeeper.  

I am sorry, i was not talking character, story or lore immersion (which also is very important) but in this example i meant to say combat immersion and impact.. 

nothing can beat the Warden at this, i throw the javelin and run in, then i start fighting with my spear or sword, its like getting into a trance, weaving all the gambits together... fighting with a warden is better then yoga...

• AparitionAparition Member UncommonPosts: 91
    last time i was there 6 months ago i played a Beorning, i quite enjoyed it, little op if anything