Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone playing Life is Feudal MMO?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
The MMO version of this game is available for direct download (no Steam access yet), right?  If so, anyone playing it?  Is it a decently developed game or is it some more barebones early access crap?   Thanks!

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    It is, the game world per region has thousands of people playing, the populations are healthy but the servers do are overwhelmed and they are to work on these problems in the next weeks.

As for how well it is developed, if you played or saw the normal LiF you kinda know what to expect from the MMO, that wonkiness of the game hasn't changed, but I still like it :D 
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    im interested to know too.  ive seen some vids of it, but still wondering.

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    MaxBacon said:
    It is, the game world per region has thousands of people playing, the populations are healthy but the servers do are overwhelmed and they are to work on these problems in the next weeks.

As for how well it is developed, if you played or saw the normal LiF you kinda know what to expect from the MMO, that wonkiness of the game hasn't changed, but I still like it :D 

Nope, I haven't played the original.  How is it wonky?  Just buggy and unstable?
    And, silly question:  Is there detailed farming??
  • Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    edited November 2017
    :wink:

edit: Here is the wiki information https://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Farming
    d_20
    edited November 2017
    Nope, I haven't played the original.  How is it wonky?  Just buggy and unstable?
    The MMO I wouldn't say unstable in terms of crashes and such, that was improved, still is one BETA though, but in terms of servers getting overwhelmed, lags and such that is something they are resolving.

The game mechanic itself is quite raw and unpolished, there are bugs and so can make it annoying and frustrating; but it works and can be a captivating game if it fits your style. It is a feudal game as they want the hardcore medieval on it.
    I'm interested because I've never played a "real life" MMO before.  And, I love farming games, LOL.  Thanks for the link, Saxx0n!
    I'm interested because I've never played a "real life" MMO before.  And, I love farming games, LOL.  Thanks for the link, Saxx0n!
    Then that would work for you, one of the high points of LiF would be its farming system, with the seasons, weather, biomes, etc... even the nice more realistic way it is laid upon the terrain.
    OK!  I read that it's full loot.  What stops someone from just coming along and harvesting or destroying your crops?
  • Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    OK!  I read that it's full loot.  What stops someone from just coming along and harvesting or destroying your crops?
    We have a claim system that protects private property and guild lands for the majority of the time. So building your homestead and crops within an active claim will prevent theft of your groceries. It is recommended to find some like-minded players or friends as the game is really centered around teamwork. It is possible though to have just a personal claim and go it alone if you so choose.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    edited November 2017
    I have a YO version but for some reason I cant get the MMO to let me log in. I log into my account and see a BUY NOW button.

I know the MMO was delayed for YO owners but thought it had been opened up now.

I guess I figured it out....
    Saxx0n said:
    We have a claim system that protects private property and guild lands for the majority of the time. So building your homestead and crops within an active claim will prevent theft of your groceries. It is recommended to find some like-minded players or friends as the game is really centered around teamwork. It is possible though to have just a personal claim and go it alone if you so choose.

Saxx0n said:

OK, so if I'm in a claim area (like claimed by a guild?) or solo, my crops are protected the majority of the time?  How often are they NOT protected?  And, how long does it take in gameplay time to claim an area, group and solo?  Thanks!
    Saxx0n said:

Saxx0n said:

OK, so if I'm in a claim area (like claimed by a guild?) or solo, my crops are protected the majority of the time?  How often are they NOT protected?  And, how long does it take in gameplay time to claim an area, group and solo?  Thanks!
    there is a judgement hour. Not sure how it works in the MMO but there is a set time where claims arent protected. There are also 'formal' times where war or battles are declared.

I havent followed all the changes to the MMO and I dont think they have them set in stone yet because I cant see a wiki explanation for them.

Unless major changes have taken place I dont have high hopes because even with servers that were governed much more 'harshly' than the MMO will be griefing was a favorite past time for a lot of people, and they will be living to do it in the MMO.

The 'official' spin will be there are safeguards and mechanics in place. But there arent. Not for people who dont mind spending a few bucks to ruin the game for other people, and we know thats just what griefers live for.

I have about 850 hours in the YO version on every type of server you can imagine and the one common denominator in all that time was that trolls showed up on any and every server with a halfway decent population and did what they do. 

I will be playing here shortly and will see what has changed. Hopefully some of the stuff we suggested got put in. Its unlikely though. So then it becomes a matter of how people deal with trolls and griefers and whether bigger groups will use their power to help or hurt.

Ideally it would be 'RPed' out and there would be 'good' guilds' and not so good guilds and 'bad' guilds. And there would also be protectors and 'knights' helping people out. Whether that happens or not remains to be seen. Not to mention the size of the map. Which can go either way. You can go find some secluded place and hope no one finds you, but if they do and youre miles away no one is going to come help you more than likely. Which is in fact 'realistic'.

Major potential to be an awesome game, as long as the pure negatives that always come with games like this have can be curbed. Which are going to have to be player enforced.
    Xoph
    Hmm, sounds like something to pass on for me, then.  Losing your gear to another player after a PvP battle is OK to me.  Taking the time to set up a farm and raise the crops, just to have some jackass come along and steal or destroy them during a "gank hour," isn't.  That sounds like a recipe for zero fun for the farmer, all kinds of good times for the griefer.  Maybe it's different in the MMO, though.  I'll hold off till I hear from someone who's experienced it.
    there is still a judgement hour.

I also recently saw that individual farms do in fact have 'protection'. And the gank squad disguised as concerned backers is up in arms about it claiming it will cause abuse. 

http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24131&view=viewpoll

Either way I logged in lagged around but havent gone to the main area yet still on newb island. Probably wont go test anything until tomorrow. 

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Yes there is.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    this is a game where grouping is best, right?  Is there any solo content?  Hunting, farming?

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

Tokken said:
    this is a game where grouping is best, right?  Is there any solo content?  Hunting, farming?

You can't accomplish much without a good guild.  It's the most team-oriented MMO I've played.