Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth Buy?

davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
edited November 2017 in Black Desert Online
im big fan of Lineage 2 i like zerg/mass PVP   is worth buy this game?

is grind really dat bad if i want be good /have fun at PVP?

Comments

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Its 5 euro now or try a 7 day trail ^^

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

NO

YES
    [Deleted User]
  • GrandpaDJGrandpaDJ Member UncommonPosts: 132
    Give the 7 day trial a whirl and see for yourself. It wasn't for me as the graphics and general clutter were too overwhelming but others certainly enjoy it. 
    mgilbrtsn
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    GrandpaDJ said:
    Give the 7 day trial a whirl and see for yourself. It wasn't for me as the graphics and general clutter were too overwhelming but others certainly enjoy it. 
    agreed.  there is so much clutter that it's hard on my poor brain.  I wish they would have a 'turn down' some of the ambiance feature.  I'd be in there in a minute

I self identify as a monkey.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited November 2017
    Absolutely do the 7 day trial.

The game is absolutely gorgeous looking and really well optimised. 

At first, you'll be really confused about how everything works and it will overwhelm you. I had two attempts at the game before I finally saw it's worth. Stick with it though because once you wrap your head around it, it's actually really intuitive and easy to navigate. Everything will become automatic to you just like in other games. Do not let your first impression be your last impression.

The grind isn't that bad, not in the traditional sense anyway. The game has a level 60 soft level cap and that's the spot you want to hit for PvP. There's actually 3 soft level caps; levels 50, 56 and 60. It takes longer to level after each soft cap. It's very easy to reach level 56 and that's when you can 'Awaken'. 56-60 takes more time but you practically have a new class when you Awaken so it's kind of fun. After that it's a massive grind to the next levels, but the benefits of doing it are minor. If you like the game in general and just play then you'll make decent progress past the soft cap.

The max level in the game is kind of unknown but it's believed to be Level 100. No one is max level yet. The max level player(s) is, last I heard, level 62. It's calculated to take 1-2 years of grinding to level 62-63. So, basically, level 60 is the level cap in this game. That's the goal and getting to level 63 is not expected or even realistic. Level 100 isn't the goal, it's just there. It's kind of like the extra levels are just placeholders for expansions or something and they will raise the soft cap later.

The levelling system is not like other games and you shouldn't use your current experiences with other RPGs to compare it. This game is different and unique in many ways and the levelling system is one of them.

Other forms of grinding are labelled as grinding and can be defined as grinding in other games but.. Black Desert is different. It's built around it and to play BDO is to grind. You'll know what I mean when you try it. There's a ton of things you can progress at any one time, you can either mix it up or focus (grind) one at a time. It's up to you and it depends on what you want or need at the time.

The endgame is almost exclusively PvP and exploration. If you like PvP, this is your game right now.

All that praise aside, I don't play it, lol! It's not for me, I want proper dungeons and things like that, but there are some parts of it that I wish were in games more my style.
    Post edited by TheDarkrayne on
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    yes, it's a buy. especially at the current sale price on steam.  Itr's complicated at first but worth it.  Grinding is a big part of the game.  Graphics are nice!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Definitely worth it I loved this game for its trade, horse breeding, exploration and worker system. I loved making the wagons, boats and really enjoyed farming and selling my produce.
    Mikeha
    Chamber of Chains
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    It's a very unique game.

In my opinion, it's worth the price, just to see if you like this style of game or not. Unless £3.5 is your gaming budget for a while. Then you may want to do better research.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    I bought it last spring when it was on a super sale. I have in on my HD but I havent even registered yet. I have been playing other games and until I have the time to put into it I am not going to start it. I also bought Arma 3 at the time so same scenario.
  • WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    For me the answer is no.  But judge for yourself.

See also

Kakao Details Compensation to NA / EU Players for Recent Server Issues

• rena_ryugurena_ryugu Member UncommonPosts: 34
    I bought the game 100 euro pre order and i'm still playing it 2 years later^^
  • PDFSPDFS Member UncommonPosts: 13
    I really want to play and recommend this game, it was loads of fun. But connection issues have existed since launch. The issues have gone from prevents-play bad to barely-there good, but it is a constant rollercoaster. Nothing more frustrating than finally having the free time to invest and not being able to connect to the server for more than 10 minutes. They don't ever seem to repair the issue, just hand out compensation that I couldn't even use due to disconnects. If you're in the EU, these problems don't exist for you so jump right in.