Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dev Stream of the 21th of November 2017

Comments

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    I just wish they wouldnt use Coh, he's super annoying and comes off as very fake. I'm really hoping they aren't paying him to promote the game.

Aside from that  it looks like the game is slowly but surely coming together. 
    Mendel

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I just wish they wouldnt use Coh, he's super annoying and comes off as very fake. I'm really hoping they aren't paying him to promote the game.

Aside from that  it looks like the game is slowly but surely coming together. 
    I agree about the presenter.  Annoying and fake, and his superimposed image just blocks part of the screen -- the part with the chat box, possibly the most important part of a social game's UI.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Don't really know much about Cohh, but finding someone that's popular that is actually old enough to remember and appreciate EQ is rare at this point.
    Kilsindcutbi001

• tarodintarodin Member UncommonPosts: 128
    I think he is really entusiastic with the game.

Kilsindcutbi001
  • svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    its gorgeous
    Love the graphics, shadows, even grass and moss
    KilsinGyva02
  • KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515
    Cohh is a genuine fan of our game, we don't pay him a cent, he helps promote us out of the kindness of his heart and to have access to that sized audience who, for the most part, are exactly who we want to show our game off too, so we are pretty thankful that he wants to help us out like this.

On a side note, no matter your opinion of Cohh from watching his streams, he is a great guy off camera and is a huge fan of EQ and other similar older style games and wants to help us get the word out about Pantheon, if you can give us names of similar streamers with such a large audience and passion for our game that will help us for free, we would gladly consider doing something with them.

We have a streamer program launching in 2018 for everyone else but until then, Cohh is a great fit for us and we are happy to continue doing streams like this with him.
    jimmywolfElrandirKylerandcutbi001MrMelGibsonAmathe
  • AzothAzoth Member UncommonPosts: 840
    Cohh had a guild of over 3k people on the latest EQ progression server. Mostly people that didn't know about EQ. So he do brings people in, which Panteon most certainly can appreciate.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Kilsin said:
    Cohh is a genuine fan of our game, we don't pay him a cent, he helps promote us out of the kindness of his heart and to have access to that sized audience who, for the most part, are exactly who we want to show our game off too, so we are pretty thankful that he wants to help us out like this.

On a side note, no matter your opinion of Cohh from watching his streams, he is a great guy off camera and is a huge fan of EQ and other similar older style games and wants to help us get the word out about Pantheon, if you can give us names of similar streamers with such a large audience and passion for our game that will help us for free, we would gladly consider doing something with them.

We have a streamer program launching in 2018 for everyone else but until then, Cohh is a great fit for us and we are happy to continue doing streams like this with him.
    Why do you feel that you *need* a host for these streams?  Cohh may be a great guy and all; I don't dispute any of the praise you've heaped on him.  Just make a VR channel yourselves.  A 'presenter' / 'narrator' / 'host' isn't really needed.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• jpedrote52jpedrote52 Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Mendel said:
    Kilsin said:

Why do you feel that you *need* a host for these streams?  Cohh may be a great guy and all; I don't dispute any of the praise you've heaped on him.  Just make a VR channel yourselves.  A 'presenter' / 'narrator' / 'host' isn't really needed.
    Are you trolling?

anyway, they do streams with cohh because he can reach a larger audience that doesn't know about the game. If VR uses their stream channel, which they did in the first 2 streams back in 2016 they get around 400-800 viewers that more than likely those are the ones that already support and have already bought the game, can you not understand why having streams with cohh is beneficial? .....
    RexKushmanDullahanElrandirdcutbi001MrMelGibson
  • KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515
    Mendel said:
    Kilsin said:

We have one that we also stream or host on like we did with this stream but we don't have 881k followers or 70 mil views!

When a genuine fan reached out with those numbers wanting to help spread the word to many like-minded gamers for free, we would be pretty silly not to accept, we are a business and need to get the word out to as many target audience members as possible to help us fund the game and grow our awesome community in preparation for the games testing and then launch.
    KyleranDullahanLackingMMOdelete5230MrMelGibson
  • XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    I watched the stream, I will have to admit, I did not know who Cohh was, but I don't watch a lot of streams for things.  I don't jump games much (I average years per game).  I didn't see anything bad, but I guess if you watch a ton of streams, maybe he's done something and you dislike him and see things, due to the dislike.  He seemed very mild, compared to some of the irritating people I have watched streaming things in the past.  Either way, they would be stupid to not get as much advertising as they can (since they have very limited money).
    dcutbi001
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Kilsin said:
    Mendel said:
    Kilsin said:

We have one that we also stream or host on like we did with this stream but we don't have 881k followers or 70 mil views!

When a genuine fan reached out with those numbers wanting to help spread the word to many like-minded gamers for free, we would be pretty silly not to accept, we are a business and need to get the word out to as many target audience members as possible to help us fund the game and grow our awesome community in preparation for the games testing and then launch.

All this and besides I like this guy......... Where's the problem ? 

Nice stream by the way :)
    Kilsin
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Cohh seemed just fine to me. He may be a little quirky, but if that ever becomes a disqualifying event from playing mmorpgs, will the last person to leave this genre please turn off the coffee pot. 
    MrMelGibsonKilsinsvanndcutbi001

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests