Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hands On PvE Impressions from G-Star 2017 - Ascent: Infinite Realm Previews

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageHands On PvE Impressions from G-Star 2017 - Ascent: Infinite Realm Previews

Starting my adventure, I first spoke to a fox-like being who set me on the path to learn how to fly. Funny, a fox, teaching me - a human - how to fly. Yet that is the type of stuff you can expect to see while you level to the end game in Ascent: Infinite Realm, the upcoming MMO from Bluehole.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    edited November 2017
    Every new game from Asia is of my liking real eye candy yet again all are pvp focused which is instant no no for me. I don't think I'm the minority here either as you see them all fail and lack population. Example: Aion, Archeage, BDO, Bless Example of PvE focused FFXIV successfull and high pop.
    CopperfieldMikehaSadfistLeiHngWeisarah116speedylegs8GilcroixcatofmanyAeliousLionShardand 10 others.
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Beauty is only skin deep. Underneath the skin is a skeleton of gold farmers and RNG loot boxes.
    RemyVorenderAlomarsycogenesisFlyByKnightSadfistspeedylegs8infomatzcatofmanymazutcielyand 3 others.
  • sycogenesissycogenesis Member UncommonPosts: 86
    For a game so deep in fantasy to only be able to play human races is a dissapointment
    SadfistOctagon7711speedylegs8catofmany
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

Dauzqul said:

Beauty is only skin deep. Underneath the skin is a skeleton of gold farmers and RNG loot boxes.

It's funny to watch writers do the #ad thing and talk around this pretty obvious and expected truth.
    "The world is beautiful", "The character creation is deep". What else?
    SadfistmazutZalgotas[Deleted User]Wraithone
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    It looks interesting.  Also given its recent announcement it looks about 5 years away so meh.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Thanks for the article and cant wait to hear more.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I'll definitely give this game a try. Combat looks like it has a GW2 animation flow to it and the graphics have that BDO style and 'sheen'. The inspiration from both games is pretty obvious. Gameplay looks kind of generic and soulless though. Nothing we haven't done a hundred times already. Literally a hundred times.

I always say that if BDO was a more traditional MMO, it'd be my number one MMO. Hopefully this game is exactly that.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Looks like a generic Asian mmo, complete with female character running around in high heels...
    borghive49Tyseriespeedylegs8catofmanyEnik
  • Leguma11Leguma11 Member UncommonPosts: 32
    So this is like an AD for the game : Cause we all know how shallow and stupid the game will be ! -I mean ... we did this Hype shit with every Asian 'Wonder' - Aion - Tera - Archeage - BDO - etc . Just cause you have 'lush forests' doesn't make the generic quests OK ... Not to mention the obvious Cash Shop Drama -

In the end ... Its a Piece of Poop .... Generic ... some steampunk elements thrown in there to Look New ... just a tacked on idea in the mix of mediocre .... Nothing new ... Just like the Crowdfunded wonders that are going to 'hit' us 'soon', after ofc people throw more $$ at them to 'get everything ready for launch' :)) ...

The MMO genre is in need of a NEW Game DONE RIGHT ... a WoW of this generation if you may ... But sadly ... all we get is Mediocre / Grind / Soulless Time Sinks

This is #SAD :P

P.S - My opinion - Of a Gamer with some Standards for FUN - Not mindless time shits !
    JunglecharlyDragnelusEnik
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Haha. What are “time shits”? I must know!
    [Deleted User]infomatzConstantineMeruspantaroWraithone

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081
    Tbh, just watching the trailer, I am not that impressed with what I saw. The animations are terrible, stiff, unnatural, the airship I watched a player pilot moved very awkwardly...I won't be getting excited about this until I see this sort of thing ironed out.
    catofmany
  • RottsteinRottstein Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Did they record that video with a cellphone?
    speedylegs8
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Graphics look pretty gorgeous, as does the setting.  Everything else seems generic and done-before as heck, though.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    For whatever reason, my first thought when I read that phrase was the Hyperion series.  

• Cyber_wastelandCyber_wasteland Member UncommonPosts: 192
    It looks good, I like the setting but the gender locked classes is what makes me not care to look any further in to this game...sorry. When will games not this crap off. I don't have a problem with people that roll females but give me the option to use said class as a male.

Another thing is PvP idk if this game focuses on it or has open PvP but I'm tired of all these new games looking at that and only that. I wanted to like Archage but the forced PvP at a later level that and trion doing its thing has made me no longer bat an eye at it.
    catofmany

• SomethingUnusualSomethingUnusual Member UncommonPosts: 546

Superman on burrito night going back to correct his error.
    ConstantineMerusAelious[Deleted User]
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338

Superman on burrito night going back to correct his error.
    Makes you wonder if we get Timeshitters one. They travel back in time and shit upon certain people before they get to shit over the rest of the planet.

© all rights reserved by Lord Constantine Merus
    Wraithone
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • Paulolino34Paulolino34 Member UncommonPosts: 49

DeadSpock said:

Every new game from Asia is of my liking real eye candy yet again all are pvp focused which is instant no no for me. I don't think I'm the minority here either as you see them all fail and lack population.
    Example: Aion, Archeage, BDO, Bless
    Example of PvE focused FFXIV successfull and high pop.

great argument, worst examples.
    Aion is just old now, it used to have a huge fanbase and the game was very healthy
    Archeage is just p2w and everyone just lost faith in it because it only kept getting worse, i had a friend who used to play, and he said 20k€ doesnt even get you anywhere near the best.
    Black Desert online, is very much alive and heathly, although sometimes controversy surges around it, its still going and kicking, and honestly i can see it only getting better, if of course the company(publisher) doesn't mess the cash shop
    Bless afaik didn't even release, they decided to remake the whole game or whatever because it was just so badly optimized, nothing to do with population
  • UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

DeadSpock said:

Every new game from Asia is of my liking real eye candy yet again all are pvp focused which is instant no no for me. I don't think I'm the minority here either as you see them all fail and lack population.
    Example: Aion, Archeage, BDO, Bless
    Example of PvE focused FFXIV successfull and high pop.

You have a strange idea of fail. BDO as an example, was made by Pearl Abyss with an 80 man team that is now a 300 person company about to be publically traded, had their game released in multiple regions, and about to release an Xbox and mobile version of BDO.

Lineage 2, another kroean PvP MMO that released about a year before WoW, was one of the most successful subscription based MMO's after WoW. Not even FF14 ever reached it's subscriber numbers.

PvP games may not work FOR YOU, but they absolutely do work; when they're good. Failed games don't stay running because they don't make money. And you're personal tastes are not what determine whether a game works or not.
    Shadowmaster13
  • FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322

TIME SHITS = reading his post full of ellipses
  • Shadowmaster13Shadowmaster13 Member CommonPosts: 2
    Why do PVE mmo players think that every mmo has to be made for them? There is FFXIV, its the epoch of pve mmos. Play it and enjoy your safe space in peace forever. Until tech gets upgraded the biggest innovations are going to be in pvp mmos, namely sandparks.
    pantaro
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    I like PvE playstyle, but I have no problem if a game is just PvP. I don't ask them to change. I just like to know from the get go if it's just strictly PvP and has no PvE in it. That way I know not to bother with it. I don't care for PvP basically for 2 reasons. 1.) Aholes who get their rocks off going around one shotting relative to them "lowbies" and 2.) I admit I stink at it andI'm getting too old to put up with that "git good" BS. My reflexes and thought processes are much slower now. As to wether this game will have PvE content, that's up to the developer and publisher.
  • Eva-01Eva-01 Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Yeah, I for sure prefer PvE over PvP if the PvP is small scale. Also...I really hope this isn't another damn grind fest. So sick of them, can we get some innovation please?
  • BaconMage666BaconMage666 Member CommonPosts: 5
    Is this game's classes gender and age locked as well like Black Desert? Because that's a deal breaker.
  • ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283
    so when is this gonna be release to the western audience?