Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars Battlefront II - Reddit Claims ALL Characters Can be Unlocked in 24-Hours* - MMORPG.com N

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageStar Wars Battlefront II - Reddit Claims ALL Characters Can be Unlocked in 24-Hours* - MMORPG.com News

According to one Reddit thread, recent changes to the progression system in Star Wars: Battlefront II have made it possible to unlock all of the game's Heroes in 24 hours of game play. However, this comes with the caveat that that's buying Heroes and nothing else, not a good idea if a player actually wants to be competitive in multiplayer.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• NitemareMMONitemareMMO Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Can't wait for the episode II: Attack of Nolifers in this galactic drama where people ask for more content due to unlocking everything they ever wanted before the game reaches the age of 1 week :)
    RexKushman[Deleted User]infomatzGorwe
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    The bad part is I heard before all of this 40 hours tops to unlock Vader and Luke. Maybe I don’t have enough info, but right now I’m be on the “stop crying play the game side.”
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388
    edited November 2017
    The question isn't "how long is the grind?"

The question is "how long is the grind if I slip EA an extra $100? $1000?"
    holdenhamletinfomatz
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    So, i pay 60 euros for a AAA game with locked content and i have to be thankful for the fact that i "only" need 24 hours of game play in order to unlock said content ?

Sod off.
    PhryRexKushmanDragnelusLeFantomeholdenhamletSamhaelTenohiraSiuginfomatzGorwe
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    Shut up, you sold your ass to EA #boycott
    GreyhavenSiug
  • kaz350kaz350 Member UncommonPosts: 130

Shodanas said:

So, i pay 60 euros for a AAA game with locked content and i have to be thankful for the fact that i "only" need 24 hours of game play in order to unlock said content ?

Sod off.

lol so games arent supposed to have progression? uhhhh
    bcbullyPanther2103infomatz
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    You get a ton of credits at the beginning of the game from Campaign/various Challenges, but if you use them all on heroes then you won't have them to spend on progression.

Silence before the storm, just wait till micro transaction is enabled.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I'm not seeing any proof that this person wasn't in early access and didn't buy any loot boxes. Looks they have some crystals on their account as well.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 736

I'm not seeing any proof that this person wasn't in early access and didn't buy any loot boxes. Looks they have some crystals on their account as well.

You get crystals for completing in-game challenges.
    TheDarkrayne
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

You get crystals for completing in-game challenges.
    Oh, ok, didn't know that.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    kaz350 said:

Shodanas said:

Sod off.

In competitive multiplayer games, it's generally not a great idea to have straight upgrades as your progression offerings.  Sidegrades are a much more interesting and equitable system.

That's not a new or revolutionary idea.
    OldKingLoginfomatz

• OldKingLogOldKingLog Member RarePosts: 555
    kaz350 said:

Shodanas said:

Sod off.

In competitive multiplayer games, it's generally not a great idea to have straight upgrades as your progression offerings.  Sidegrades are a much more interesting and equitable system.

That's not a new or revolutionary idea.
    Not sure how much its changed since beta but it was the progression system itself that killed my interest in the game. They could have gone with a much better system but didn't due to wanting to push the microtransactions.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    More PvE stuff. Thanks.
    [Deleted User]Greyhaven

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I saw an Xbone commercial over the weekend and they're throwing in a free copy of BattleFront 2 with the purchase of an Xbone

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• heerobyaheerobya Member UncommonPosts: 465

Shodanas said:

Sod off.

Have you ever played a video game before?

I'm sorry you can instantly teleport to max level and face the end boss and beat the game the MOMENT you finish installing?!

I mean, seriously - why is progression and having something to unlock/work towards such a bad thing?

You have to grind EONS to get all the costume unlocks in Super Mario: Odyssey and yet no one complains...
    AbimorSiuginfomatzGorwe
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    heerobya said:

Shodanas said:

Sod off.

I'm sorry you can instantly teleport to max level and face the end boss and beat the game the MOMENT you finish installing?!

I mean, seriously - why is progression and having something to unlock/work towards such a bad thing?

You have to grind EONS to get all the costume unlocks in Super Mario: Odyssey and yet no one complains...
    Did you just compare SW:BF II with MMO's the likes of WoW or TOR and CRPG's like The Witcher or Fallout or Skyrim ?

Have you ever played a video game before ?

holdenhamletSiuginfomatzGorwe
  • knightauditknightaudit Member UncommonPosts: 389
    I was looking at getting the game but after looking at the price .. and the fact that had I bought the Deluxe pack I would get advanced features, like do more damage and such ... how is this not Pay to win?
    I think I have just saved myself some money as I will not buy into a game that favours those who can throw more money at it, and then look at buying more DCL packs a few months later ... PASS
    holdenhamletinfomatz
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Shodanas said:

heerobya said:

Shodanas said:

Sod off.

Did you just compare SW:BF II with MMO's the likes of WoW or TOR and CRPG's like The Witcher or Fallout or Skyrim ?

Have you ever played a video game before ?

Most modern games have some form of progression. You are upset that you have to progress in something you bought. I'm sure you probably don't like progression in shooters, but some people do.
    heerobya
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Shodanas said:

Sod off.
    In the past publishers charged you full price for a game then if you wanted to play beyond the first 30 days you had to pay an additional fee.

I'm honestly surprised at the MMO community being in shock at a practice they've been supporting (Not loot boxes/microtransactions, the idea that it's ok to keep charging a gamer a fee to play a game they've already purchased) for nearly 20 years.
    Iselin[Deleted User]infomatzGorwe

immodium said:
    Shodanas said:

Sod off.
    In the past publishers charged you full price for a game then if you wanted to play beyond the first 30 days you had to pay an additional fee.

I'm honestly surprised at the MMO community being in shock at a practice they've been supporting (Not loot boxes/microtransactions, the idea that it's ok to keep charging a gamer a fee to play a game they've already purchased) for nearly 20 years.
    Except MMO's are completely different. You were paying monthly to get support for the game for as long as it is up. Server costs, keeping a dev team working on the game with patches and updates, and basically paying for any support the game is still getting. With other games you don't usually get continued support unless it is released in the form of an expansion or DLC. 
    Gorwe
    edited November 2017
    immodium said:
    Shodanas said:

Sod off.

Except MMO's are completely different. You were paying monthly to get support for the game for as long as it is up. Server costs, keeping a dev team working on the game with patches and updates, and basically paying for any support the game is still getting. With other games you don't usually get continued support unless it is released in the form of an expansion or DLC. 
    Todays MMO's prove they can do all that even without a mandatory subscription. Or even a box price.

• OldKingLogOldKingLog Member RarePosts: 555
    immodium said:
    Shodanas said:

Sod off.

The problem is that BF2s progression system only seems to exist as a way to entice players to buy their way around it. You may not feel the same way but to me it made playing the game feel less meaningful and less entertaining. It felt more like a penalty than any type of reward.
    Phixion13Shodanasinfomatz
    immodium said:
    immodium said:
    Shodanas said:

Sod off.

Todays MMO's prove they can do all that even without a mandatory subscription. Or even a box price.
    By offering extremely large cash shops and pay to win features. 
    Phixion13holdenhamlet
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited November 2017
    Why are people trying to compare this multiplayer fps game to MMOs and single player games progression wise? Apparently those who are trying to use those as comparisons have not really played many shooters.
    Edit NVM about the single player part as there is a single player campaign so hopefully they just comparing that part against single player and not the mp part.
    Shodanas
    immodium said:
    immodium said:
    Shodanas said:

Sod off.

By offering extremely large cash shops and pay to win features. 
    Which are entirely optional. No purchase is required from the one's I've played.