Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Endless Space 2 or Stellaris?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
Hey guys, I'm interested in trying out my first 4G game.  I was thinking of either Endless Space 2 or Stellaris.  For someone who is totally new to the genre, which do you think might be the best fit?  Ease of play and a good tutorial are big pluses.  Thanks!

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    edited November 2017
    I've played both and prefer Stellaris. I like both though. Stellaris with all the dlc is a pretty great version of these games in my opinion.

Btw, 4G is the cell phone thing, 4X is the game thing.
    JeffSpicoliPhaserlight
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Vutar said:
    Is Stellaris fixed yet? A lot of people were having trouble with the game launching after purchasing expansion. I returned the expansion on Steam for that reason. No matter what I did the game simply would not launch. 
    I don't know. It could still be broken for you. I know it's fine for me.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    LOL ooops, 4X!  =)
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Hmm, so Stellaris has been buggy recently?  And, which is more user-friendly to someone new to 4X?
  • alivenaliven Member UncommonPosts: 346
    Hmm, so Stellaris has been buggy recently?  And, which is more user-friendly to someone new to 4X?
    Both are pretty user friendly if you are willing to learn. Both are very good games with the same genre.

Stellaris win for me with better interface, much more user friendly lore and ability to create your orwn stories in game. 

For instance - i started one time as uber pacifistic and deeply religious insectoids only to have in the start get memo that some bugs (my people) refuse our teaching and broken from our. Then they started attacking us, so i spent couple of years in holy war trying to kill heretics. So long for space ghandis. 

But i was able to make peace with space amoeba so there that. I mean, they stopped attacking my scouts. 

Would give it tho to the Endless Space 2 for better political system, where you have different groups which make your goverment. Like pacifists, militarist, etc. 
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Endless space 2 has a interesting political aspect to it so i feel like the over 30 crowd would get more out of it, not sure your age OP but Endless Space 2 did feel like it was aimed at a more mature crowd . I can't speak for all you millennials out there but when i was in my teens or 20's i didnt give a shit about politics or have the patience to play a game like endless space 2. 
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited November 2017
    neither

Distant Worlds is far superior to both of those ... It stands alone in the 4x genre...

on sale for 60% off it dwarfs all the others ... http://store.steampowered.com/app/261470/Distant_Worlds_Universe/

And to add for someone completely new to the 4x space genre i would recommend Gal Civ 3 .....

http://store.steampowered.com/app/226860/Galactic_Civilizations_III/
      or

Stars in Shadow
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/464880/Stars_in_Shadow/

Phaserlight
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Scorchien said:
    neither

Distant Worlds is far superior to both of those ... It stands alone in the 4x genre
    The graphics look to dated for me.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    I like both, I prefer Stellaris though.

..Cake..

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    Master of Orion 2 - obviously :)

Seriously, I prefer Stellaris - though I haven't played either game that much. They don't really excite me.

But I'm planning to play Stellaris again once they finally finish it.
    Phaserlight