Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More Spoilers from Evocati 3.0

BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
edited October 2017 in Star Citizen

This is a copy/paste of a reddit thread that can be found at Reddit: https://as.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/78j9iz/more_30_spoilers_from_my_avocado_friend/

Q: How's testing this week?

A: So far, we've had 4 new patches each smaller than 1GB, thanks to the delta patcher. We recently had a concurrency test in the USA server to help CIG stress the servers and give them valuable data. We all had to take a Gladius and QT to any moon and traverse around the surface. The past weekend, we had a Yela and Daymar challenge testing where we traverse Yela and Daymar looking for biota, derelicts and outposts, test quantum linking of ships to Quantum Travel as a fleet, cram as many ships as possible into GrimHex, get as many ships in formation low level flying along the surface of Yela and Daymar, try to have the largest biker gang on each moon, do canyon runs in fleet formation and do formation flying entering the atmosphere with atmospheric effects. Screenshots and video captures were sent to a specific ETF thread for CIG to collect and get amused. Other than that, testing is up to you as long as you follow the patch notes' directions.

Q: How's performance in the most recent patches?

A: E and F were dogshit with constant 30K errors and CTDs. Patch G gave me 60FPS on the US server for the first time, and it didn't drop me to less than 30 FPS on a full server. Other Avocados reported occasional errors and CTDs, but I was able to test for a couple hours at a time and I was able to visit a few outposts in all 3 moons and Delamar without crashing constantly. Then H came around as an 800MB patch along with the Gladius-Moon focused testing and my FPS tanked back to the 20s, presumably because we were stressing full servers with as much Avocados as possible in staggered waves with military precision. That happened last night under Proxus and Underscore's direction while Ahmed pulled the server plug after each wave.

Q: Have there been more directed tests?

A: Besides the ones I mentioned already, no. Trading Kiosks are open for testing with the latest patch, so we might get cargo-trade-focused testing runs this weekend.

Q: Have there been new things to test since our last chat?

A: Some ships that were previously broken or floating off the landing pads are now able to be tested, like the Vanguards, Connies, Prospector, Merlin, and others. The Ursa is drivable again and the bikes are less jerky, so you can haul them to the moons and use the race track. Biker gangs are a thing now, and formation flying and QTing is online via quantum linking of ships using the COMMS MFD. Cargo and trading kiosks came online with H, so we can buy and sell cargo now with 0 profit. 1 SCU of cargo costs 10aUEC each and we can choose what ship to store them. The Caterpillar seems to have the most cargo capacity AFAIK. The Port Olisar to Levski run is the farthest and longest run, but it's satisfying to me. You can find cargo boxes you can carry from derelict sites and outposts that you can then sell, assuming you don't crash or get the dreaded errors.

Q: How accurate are the leaked patch notes?

A: Very accurate. It's an easy copy-paste leak.

Q: What's your favorite thing to do in 3.0?

A: Seriously? Cargo runs and exploring unmarked moon outposts. Each one has its own company or style, ie Rayari, ArcCorp, Benson, etc.. Some outposts are just small shelters, while other outposts have everything you need to settle in and take off your space suit because it has breathable atmosphere. You mean the interior? Yeah some have ASOP terminals, cargo boxes, office rooms, bunks, storage rooms, small kitchenettes, space weed rooms, laboratories, and creepy teddy bears. Outside the outposts, there are landing pads where you can spawn vehicles, various mining and industrial structures, solar panels, communication towers, and what look like moisture farms which explain the interior atmosphere in large outposts. Some outposts have NPC outlaws that you can kill to access the interior. This is done through the missions app with different categories like job, investigation and retrieval, but the mission system still needs some fixing and tweaking.

Q: How are the NPCs this time around?

A: CIG enabled them again, so they're running around Port Olisar and Levski, fixing shit, manning various stores, leaning on walls, scratching armpits, sitting on benches, having inaudible conversations, etc.. There's no NPC ships that fly around just yet. I'd prefer it that way for ETF testing because Port Olisar is busy enough as it is with space ATC enabled and dipshits fucking around instead of following directions or using ATC. Miles still can't be interacted with, but I'm sure CIG is working on it.

Q: I'm sorry to ask again. When do you think we'll get PTU? CitizenCon?

A: That's way too optimistic. We just started the second phase of ETF testing aka cargo and trade. We've yet to really test the missions system. My honest prediction is not in November or December. I know the public is dying to get their hands on 3.0, but realistically don't expect it by Christmas to be brutally honest. There's a probability that CIG will open it up to PTU on New Years' Eve, but that's pure speculation and optimistic at that. I don't like to speculate, so please stop asking me about dates.

BalmongOdeezee

Comments

• kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    They forgot to ask about the pooping mechanics.
    Octagon7711JeroKaneByrgenarHofen
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited October 2017
    Good update thanks.  My original prediction was in Feb. still on track for that. Unless people really get upset then they will probably drop some content and push it out just to make people happy, IMO.

But it sounds good so far.
    CryomatrixBalmong

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Babuinix said:

A: That's way too optimistic. We just started the second phase of ETF testing aka cargo and trade. We've yet to really test the missions system. My honest prediction is not in November or December. I know the public is dying to get their hands on 3.0, but realistically don't expect it by Christmas to be brutally honest. There's a probability that CIG will open it up to PTU on New Years' Eve, but that's pure speculation and optimistic at that. I don't like to speculate, so please stop asking me about dates.

That awkward moment when some random internet dude is better at estimating SC deadlines than the actual SC project leads.
    OdeezeeByrgenarHofen
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    hfztt said:
    Babuinix said:

That awkward moment when some random internet dude is better at estimating SC deadlines than the actual SC project leads.
    It's been awkward for CIG for quite a long time then.   Back in '14, my predictions were for a 2019-20 game release.  Looks like I was probably too optimistic.   But boy did the hardcore fans sputter and protest....

Just think how far further along they could've been with competent management.
    Odeezee

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    I hope this "leaks" are true if they turn out to be a marketing gag and the project is not near what you can read here it could lead to loosing the last bit of trust for this company.
    Odeezee

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    I hope this "leaks" are true if they turn out to be a marketing gag and the project is not near what you can read here it could lead to loosing the last bit of trust for this company.
    What the guy leaked checks out.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    In already week old last patch notes: https://pastebin.com/4Fmk9TJx

The relevant bits, the Javelin capital ship is crashed in one of the moons (already knew), the changes to EMP and the continuous afterburner work as it finally returns.

Mainly this:
    1.     Adjusted npc aim stance

This is confusing at the moment but pretty much heard back about FPS AI on the 3.0 build, that would be unexpected but seems part of the procedural mission system the generation of FPS AI to defend X location is present.
    Evocati Test with 60 players:

Sabre Raven Quantum Drive Evocati Leak:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x16zf3o
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    I hope this works out. I can't imagine playing anything else after release. Not going to give it too much thought until something is announced.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • OdeezeeOdeezee Member UncommonPosts: 69
    TalonsinPhaserlight

"Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"
    For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    NorseGod said:
    I hope this works out. I can't imagine playing anything else after release. Not going to give it too much thought until something is announced.

Star Citizen it is the star of my retirement plan. I hope it won't be a star on my grave though. 

Here Lies Lord Constantine Merus
    A founding father, An original backer, A true citizen
    Got stabbed in the heart by a vengeful peasant
    Died right before the fucking release

1182 - 2077

Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    edited November 2017
    3.0 footage from latest "Citizen of the Stars" show:

Leak Sabre flying on Daymar chasing the sunset.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6a2oel

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    how many bugs glitches and freezes were cut out of that video? I watched it and there were over a dozen 'skips' in it.

Even when he 'places' the cargo @ 3:50 thats an obvious splice as well. Same as when they take off from the planet.

Always coincidental when they have these skips and splices at all the known problem spots.

More propaganda in the guise of 'gameplay' video. It might technically be 'gameplay' on a closed dedicated system with no one else on it. but they still have to splice and split all the stuff together. I mean they even have to splice and split the video during some of the console interface interactions.
    Babuinix
  • CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 268
    It's good to see an actual gameplay loop. Going to take a lot of fetch quests to save for a Polaris though :)
  • OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    rodarin said:
    how many bugs glitches and freezes were cut out of that video? I watched it and there were over a dozen 'skips' in it.

Even when he 'places' the cargo @ 3:50 thats an obvious splice as well. Same as when they take off from the planet.

Always coincidental when they have these skips and splices at all the known problem spots.

More propaganda in the guise of 'gameplay' video. It might technically be 'gameplay' on a closed dedicated system with no one else on it. but they still have to splice and split all the stuff together. I mean they even have to splice and split the video during some of the console interface interactions.
    That's not the original footage, this is a video made by a fan who cut out all of the face camera time. Does it not get tiring trying to make up conspiracies all the time? 
    ErillionOdeezeeBabuinix
    Cotic said:
    It's good to see an actual gameplay loop. Going to take a lot of fetch quests to save for a Polaris though :)
    Or rent it, perhaps not capitals but non-capitals would work just fine.

Not in 3.0 but I like the direction some mission types are going for, like the "Prison Break" to get in and free someone, once mining is added then mining contracts, no lack of potential for interesting content as long they push on variety.
    MaxBacon said:
    Cotic said:
    Or rent it, perhaps not capitals but non-capitals would work just fine.

Not in 3.0 but I like the direction some mission types are going for, like the "Prison Break" to get in and free someone, once mining is added then mining contracts, no lack of potential for interesting content as long they push on variety.
    You can mine with a Polaris though right?
    Orinori said:
    You can mine with a Polaris though right?
    That nope. Only Prospector for planet mining, and Orion for asteroids.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Orinori said:
    rodarin said:

That's not the original footage, this is a video made by a fan who cut out all of the face camera time. Does it not get tiring trying to make up conspiracies all the time? 
     is there an original somewhere that shows all the 'gameplay' unedited?
    OdeezeeBabuinix
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited November 2017
    nvm
    That footage was cut in the community show they do, so they could keep it short otherwise with the travel times it would be longer.

I just don't even care about his conspiracy theories, what they shown is released to the Evocati and has been for quite a while the focus of testing, the focus as moved to missions currently.

Anyway here's another Evocati Q&A: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7eh7v3/30_spoilers_5th_evocati_qa_update/

The testing endures, focused on missions now with works on persistent locations start to roll to the group that does relate to ship beds.
    rodarin said:
    Orinori said:
    rodarin said:

is there an original somewhere that shows all the 'gameplay' unedited?
    yes there is.
    Cotic said:
    You could see actual gameplay loop's since the 2.0 patch that introduced the Persistent Universe.

Full gameplay loop including avatar walking to a ship (solo or multicrew), fly around several random destinations, do quests (investigation, fighting pirates and turning on (or off) com-arrays, earning credits in the process and buying gear.

Anyone could see it if they would be willing to look instead of grieve by not seeing CIG collapse lol
    OrinoriOdeezee
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    NDA lifted, no more spoilers ... streaming allowed, putting fan videos on YouTube allowed.

Have fun
    Babuinix