Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Preserving History – Wargaming, Project VALOR & Keeping the USS Texas Afloat - World of Warships Int

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imagePreserving History – Wargaming, Project VALOR & Keeping the USS Texas Afloat - World of Warships Interviews

Recently, Wargaming and Project VALOR announced a special bundle to the World of Warships community that would raise funds for the USS Texas, a WWI and WWII veteran battleship that sustained heavy damage during the recent hurricanes. This historic ship is sinking and in dire need of funds for drydock repairs. We had the chance to speak with Aleksandr Nikolaev, NA Publishing Director and Kelley James, Senior Manager of Player Outreach to learn more about the initiative.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KooturKootur Member UncommonPosts: 352
    I'm wary about these Russian having companies. I wonder if they use the money they make as was to spread divisive propaganda.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Kootur said:
    I'm wary about these Russian having companies. I wonder if they use the money they make as was to spread divisive propaganda.
    There...are no words. 

Wargaming has a long record of working to preserve historic vehicles, ships and aircraft around the world in many, many locations. This is the latest example of their commitment to honor the past.
    Signexmgilbrtsnitchmon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    SBFord said:
    Kootur said:
    There...are no words. 

Wargaming has a long record of working to preserve historic vehicles, ships and aircraft around the world in many, many locations. This is the latest example of their commitment to honor the past.

Soooooo, these microtransactions are good? ;P

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    is this game worth play? looks great
    SBFordBoyarsky_WG
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    SBFord said:
    Kootur said:
    There...are no words. 

"It is a well known fact that Wargaming is owned by Putin." he said while putting on his tinfoil hat. 
    SBFordCrazKanuk
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766

Kootur said:

I haven seen this level of irrational paranoia about the Ruskies since the Cold War. . .
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited November 2017
    Kootur said:
    Russia has many reasons for being protective of it's borders since almost everyone in the Europe and Asia continents have tried to invade them at one time or another.  But this is not an excuse for their expansion attempts.

If you want to avoid any Russian ties then here's the Texas Parks and Wildlife link about the USS Texas with a couple of links to volunteer sites. https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/battleship-texas

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    davc123 said:
    It's on Steam and F2P so why not? :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Boyarsky_WGBoyarsky_WG Member CommonPosts: 1

davc123 said:

Definitely give it a try! :)
  • KooturKootur Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Well the Russians were proven to use the internet and groups to create racial and political stuff in the country.
  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    Kootur said:
    Well the Russians were proven to use the internet and groups to create racial and political stuff in the country.
    in the country?

why not do it in the cities? more people there. . .
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

Kootur said:

You are dumb.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    There will always be the general conspiracies about Each Country, for example do you expect the U.S, or Russia to disarm all its nukes, won't happen simply because if one side does then it leaves open for the other side to have lied and go ahead with an attack.

But it's great to have wargaming actually saving a part of history, I am curious though are these open for people to go see in the Real World?
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    The game is fun and as of right now it's the only "moba" installed on my machine (I used quotes because it has the team aspect of a moba and it's goal oriented PVP maps, but there are no npcs or returning to the base when you die).

Community is a little more mature than other PVP games probably due to its less twitchy, more planning oriented game play.

And good for wargaming for helping save historical ships!! It's not their first time doing this.

Obviously not saying everything done by Russians is wholesome but these guys have a good track record of doing good work.
    SBFord

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

itchmon said:

Obviously not saying everything done by Russians is wholesome but these guys have a good track record of doing good work.
    Not everything done by any country, including the US and other "Western nations", is wholesome. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    This NOT about history nor the vets,this is about advertising and creating revenue for the game's devs/publishers.
    If they feel those vets or anyone involved with that ship needs help,then that is saying the USA government is treating their people and vets like shit?If so then why vote in a rich lame ass like trump,why are vet groups not carrying the same power ass churches and women's rights groups?

Seems lie ka great big mess,if these vets need help,why spend trillions on satellites and weapons when you SHOULD be spending it on your people,afterall,it is the people's money.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Wizardry said:
    This NOT about history nor the vets,this is about advertising and creating revenue for the game's devs/publishers.
    If they feel those vets or anyone involved with that ship needs help,then that is saying the USA government is treating their people and vets like shit?If so then why vote in a rich lame ass like trump,why are vet groups not carrying the same power ass churches and women's rights groups?

Seems lie ka great big mess,if these vets need help,why spend trillions on satellites and weapons when you SHOULD be spending it on your people,afterall,it is the people's money.
    You are also dumb.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• OldKingLogOldKingLog Member RarePosts: 564
    Amazing how a rather benign act of charity becomes an existential crises for some individuals.
    Ginaz