Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Good sandbox mmo?

badermalbadermal Member UncommonPosts: 250

like building crafting pvping siege  etc  with no npc or quests almost and that is not a dead game like alteast 150-200 player in a server

Comments

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Yes there are quite a few. 

My personal pick is Vendetta Online, although it does have NPCs and questing in addition to your other requirements.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• OltzuOltzu Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Cant go wrong with eve online.
    PhaserlightLoke666MightyUncleanpantaro
  • sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    Hmm the ones I'd consider good are specifically the ones where you can avoid the pvp...  guess they wouldn't be what you are looking for.
    ketzerei84
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538
    You can get close to scratching that genre "itch" via Black Desert Online.
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    badermal said:

like building crafting pvping siege  etc  with no npc or quests almost and that is not a dead game like alteast 150-200 player in a server
    No.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Like someone above said,

Eve Online if you like space games.  Lots of stuff to do but many actions involve risk.  Exploring wormholes can result in death and things like that.  It has a large about of sand for crafters.  Starting/Running a capitol ship building corporation and supplying an alliance or selling to many alliances can be extremely rewarding.

Black Desert Online (BDO) - Has a good amount of sand, you can just choose not to do the level 50 quest and keep one toon out of pvp to do your farming and horse catching/breeding can be very fun.  Exploring is fun and I have found a few hidden caves and get stones everyday from them.  I dont know about the PvP part of it, I tend to craft and trade and make money in games.

Archeage - is a lot like BDO but with a smaller population and a terrible business model but if you can find a guild that will buy stuff for you, you can compete at the higher end of PvP and it has a lot of sand.

Fallen Earth - a bit older but a great crafting system and there is PvP in the game.  Have not played it in a few years.

That is about it for PvP sandboxes unless you scrape the bottom of the barrel and try Mortal Online but its player population is very low for an MMO.  Heck it is very low for any kind of game.  I would guess about 100 players online on any given day average.

Mikeha
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    edited November 2017
    the OP requested: building, crafting, pvp, sieges, no npc or quests.

EvE has: building (space stations), crafting, pvp, sieges (space sieges), BUT also has a ton of NPCs and quests. As a matter of fact pve is a large part of EvE gameplay. 

BDO has: crafting, pvp, sieges (instanced), BUT has no real building, has a ton of NPCs an quests. This is a PVE game first, with pvp only as a end game content. 

Archage has: building, crafting, pvp, sieges, BUT has a ton of NPCs and quests. Mostly PVE game.

the only games that have all that you are talking about AND at least a few hundred players per server would be:

Mortal Online. 
    Rust.
    Ark Survival. 
    Age of Conan Exiles. 

Mortal Online has only a few hundred players on the only server. the other ones are servers capped at anywhere from 50 to 200 players max. to me it sounds like you are looking for a survival mmo, cause those are the ones that usually don't have NCPs or quests and rely on pvp for excitement. of the ones i mentioned, Rust of Ark Survival are probably the ones that have the most polish and more solid community. good luck. 
    SovrathKyleran
  • DeadflagDeadflag Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Mystera Legacy is pretty good.

can see me play live.

https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UC1jjhkMUnKdhd8NwAR60e1w/live
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited November 2017
    I think the moment you put "Good" and "MMO" in the same sentence there's really nothing that qualifies regardless of any other modifiers.

Said (somewhat) in jest.

;)

Phaserlight[Deleted User]SteelhelmWarLord2424

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Kyleran said:
    I think the moment you put "Good" and "MMO" in the same sentence there's really nothing that qualifies regardless of any other modifiers.

Said (somewhat) in jest.

;)

I think one would even struggle to find ANY MMO that is also a sandbox, let alone good
    KyleranVelifaxJDis25

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    edited November 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    Kyleran said:

Said (somewhat) in jest.

;)

I think one would even struggle to find ANY MMO that is also a sandbox, let alone good
    No, there are some pretty typical qualities associated with the term "sandbox" that certain MMOs engender, while others do not. One example might be the ability to set a variety of goals and accomplish them through creative means with little orthodox instruction from the game (go here now, do this), another might be a much broader than usual pallette of avenues a player can realistically take...

It is a useful term, and there are real examples now running. Whether or not they are "good" is a matter of taste, I guess  :)

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

edited November 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    Kyleran said:

Said (somewhat) in jest.

;)

No, there are some pretty typical qualities associated with the term "sandbox" that certain MMOs engender, while others do not. One example might be the ability to set a variety of goals and accomplish them through creative means with little orthodox instruction from the game (go here now, do this), another might be a much broader than usual pallette of avenues a player can realistically take...

It is a useful term, and there are real examples now running. Whether or not they are "good" is a matter of taste, I guess  :)
    91 words and not one of them the name of a game....(ok SeanMCAD take a breath...)

can you name an example of a sandbox MMO title?

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    I would have to agree with Oltzu and say Eve.

There are a few acceptable sandparks like BDO and AA but the pure sandboxes leaves a lot to wish for. Generally they turn into anarcistic brawls.

There are a few older games like Ryzom that are good but they have a small population. I can of course only speak for myself but I prefer a sandbox that is about building up things not tearing it down. That people can tear it down is one thing but it is nice to build something that actually stays built for a short time without having to have a huge guild guarding it 24/7.

And yes, Eve is also rather old but I think it still is the best around.

There are a couple of ones in development that seems rather interesting but I think it will be a while before any of them launches and how fun they actually are when they launch is anyones guess.
    Personally I consider Eve and open world game not really 'sandbox'. the only sandbox MMO that I am aware of that I would consider sandbox would be Wurm. That said, I can see it going both ways
    pantaroGdemami

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    SEANMCAD said:
    Personally I consider Eve and open world game not really 'sandbox'. the only sandbox MMO that I am aware of that I would consider sandbox would be Wurm. That said, I can see it going both ways
    Wurm is probably the most sandboxy game, that is true and the certainly is a sliding scale between themepark and sandbox. Eve is still rather high up on the sandbox scale though.
    pantaro
    edited November 2017
    Loke666 said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Wurm is probably the most sandboxy game, that is true and the certainly is a sliding scale between themepark and sandbox. Eve is still rather high up on the sandbox scale though.
    I would agree. Its a point I would not bother fighting over (even though I did kinda), it could be argued either way

• VelifaxVelifax Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Loke666 said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    In fact isn't it as high as you can go in a space game? I suppose the static Empires count against it. 
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited November 2017
    SWG Emu is by far the best. That or Ultima Online if you are okay with a top down view and there is a lot of UO servers (private and official) to choose from. 

UO has servers for RP, PvP, classic, completely custom...tons of variety of servers. But the game IS a lot older.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    I can't believe people call BDO and AA sandbox... and why even mention Eve does that feel like a mmorpg at all? I remember free trialing it very long time ago and didn't make sense all I saw was a black background with starts I guess it's suppose to be space no characters to control nothing a mmorpg gamer would understand, Eve is number one in my list as fastest uninstall record of all time.
    To answer the OP no you won't find what you're asking, I'm not sure how the 2 Darfall versions are doing but back when I tried Darkfall felt like a sandbox.
    Eve fans you can call eve a emulator of space or whatever but not a sandbox mmorpg. 
    KyleranpantaroGdemamiPhaserlightScotchUp
  • WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 451
    DeadSpock said:
    I can't believe people call BDO and AA sandbox... and why even mention Eve does that feel like a mmorpg at all? I remember free trialing it very long time ago and didn't make sense all I saw was a black background with starts I guess it's suppose to be space no characters to control nothing a mmorpg gamer would understand, Eve is number one in my list as fastest uninstall record of all time.
    To answer the OP no you won't find what you're asking, I'm not sure how the 2 Darfall versions are doing but back when I tried Darkfall felt like a sandbox.
    Eve fans you can call eve a emulator of space or whatever but not a sandbox mmorpg. 

Why is Eve not an mmo to you? Just because its not a high fantasy setting?
    KyleranpantaroPhaserlight
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    EVE Online.  Do what you want in the game, there are tons of options, both in PvP and PvE.  Don't like NPCs and questing?  Ignore that part of the game, it's totally optional.  I would recommend doing the intro tutorial, though.  EVE is great for the social aspect if you get in with a good corp., because it benefits players greatly to work together.  
    Kyleranpantaro
  • LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 648
    edited November 2017
    BDO and EVE both have the same issues - unless you have an "in" and know people, you will be relegated to solo play only. At that point, you might as well be playing a single player game. The community in both of those are pretty nameless and faceless to an average outsider and you will rarely see any interaction take place that doesn't happen within the predefined channels of the clans/companies.

Oh and if your goal is to play those games so that you can remain competitive with other players in that kind of free range environment.... definitely NOT EVE!

EVE bashing aside, if you don't mind a game with a fluctuating server population of 50-150 players at a time and the ability to restart every 30-120 minutes or so.... Space Station 13.
    KyleranGdemamiPhaserlight
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Lerxst said:
    BDO and EVE both have the same issues - unless you have an "in" and know people, you will be relegated to solo play only. At that point, you might as well be playing a single player game. The community in both of those are pretty nameless and faceless to an average outsider and you will rarely see any interaction take place that doesn't happen within the predefined channels of the clans/companies.

Oh and if your goal is to play those games so that you can remain competitive with other players in that kind of free range environment.... definitely NOT EVE!

EVE bashing aside, if you don't mind a game with a fluctuating server population of 50-150 players at a time and the ability to restart every 30-120 minutes or so.... Space Station 13.

I mean, right, EVE doesn't have "dungeon finders" and the like to help you find other people.  You actually have to have the will to talk to other human beings in-game and find like-minded players to interact with, if you want to take that route.  There are plenty of activities for solo players, if not.  You can be very successful at different things solo, especially exploration and ratting.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Good heavens, the nonsense posted here about EVE, makes me wonder if any actually played it.

If so, they clearly didn't understand it.

A terrific sandbox game, but not for everyone.
    pantaro[Deleted User]PhaserlightCoolit

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited November 2017
    Only good Sandbox MMO's.

BDO - isn't really a sandbox MMO, and yes its Pay 2 have advantage, people argue its not pay 2 win, or you don't have to spend $100 a month to enjoy it this is bs, when you can swim faster than a fishing boat by paying 2 get the costume etc.

Dark Fall, Old game, but the only good true sandbox I could recommend to this date.

Ashes OF Creation & Crow Fall, I hear some of the developers are from Star Wars Galaxies, and Crow Fall is going to be sand-box based.

EVE Online another sand-box game but I hear its numbers are dropping, and over-all interest just isn't there I feel the most boring part about EVE is the Combat lack of interest to bring new players in, mining requires multiboxing, individual payouts are not good unless multi-boxing, and the over-all feel of just locking people up and pressing to fire weapons is old school and RNG based, the game needs to be updated with newer based combat with manual aiming.

This is excluding casual games like Rust, or Seven Days To Die which are server based RPG games I don't play those.