Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oh look death threats these are the people you guys defend?

Comments

• XxxusernametakenxxxXxxusernametakenxxx Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Xxxusernametakenxxx said:

Is there a screening process I am supposed to follow prior to posting?  Is there a list of these 10,000+post posters I'm supposed to send a rough draft to before I post?  If you don't like the thread take your first post advice and don't reply.  
    Yes, it should have been received in your welcome package.  Please send all drafts to [email protected]

If you do not get a response please assume the content was deemed un-post worthy and do not post it.  This should greatly help you going forward!

Nah I'm good.  Hope you guys can handle my post/threads going forward.  I know a few of you getting really worked up and need to launch into bullying, attacks and harrassment and thats fine I'll just keep calling it out.  
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Why bring another site's drama here?
    Asm0deus
    immodium said:
    cheyane said:
    So what was the point of this thread if you knew that it does not reflect the whole ?

Are you trying to use guilty by association as a base for your aspersion against the community here ?
    I was bringing to attention the behavior and actions that are unacceptable.  Do you not think its news worthy that Developers are receiving death threats?  Is there a screening process I am supposed to follow prior to posting?  Is there a list of these 10,000+post posters I'm supposed to send a rough draft to before I post?  If you don't like the thread take your first post advice and don't reply.  
    No. In your OP you claimed this site supported bullying and harassment. You linked two articles and I couldn't find a mention of MMORPG.com in either.
    Clearly you misses the big "?" At the end of the title.  
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    immodium said:
    cheyane said:
    So what was the point of this thread if you knew that it does not reflect the whole ?

Are you trying to use guilty by association as a base for your aspersion against the community here ?
    I was bringing to attention the behavior and actions that are unacceptable.  Do you not think its news worthy that Developers are receiving death threats?  Is there a screening process I am supposed to follow prior to posting?  Is there a list of these 10,000+post posters I'm supposed to send a rough draft to before I post?  If you don't like the thread take your first post advice and don't reply.  
    No. In your OP you claimed this site supported bullying and harassment. You linked two articles and I couldn't find a mention of MMORPG.com in either.
    Clearly you've lived a very sheltered life.
    Slapshot1188Asm0deusDakeru

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited November 2017
    immodium said:
    cheyane said:

"Clearly I'm on the right side you guys enjoy supporting the death threats"

I'm sorry but you are seriously all over the place. That is a straight and undeniable accusation, not a question.

Dakeru
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    cheyane said:
    Please explain how exactly I am bullying you by saying that giving you points on this forum encourages you. How's that even remotely bullying? /smh

I am offended that you have accused people on this site as supporting violence against developers. I want you to name the 'some' you referred to in your original post. 
    Bully:
    use  influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants.

You are telling people to stop voting how they want in a attempt to force or persade me to stop posting.  

To be honest points on an online forum don't interest me. 
    immodium said:
    cheyane said:

I'm sorry but you are seriously all over the place. That is a straight and undeniable accusation, not a question.

Geez the title is the question the body is my supporting information.  Now feel free to disagree but the title is clearly a question.  And yes I do think some on here support the personal attacks, harrassment and bullying of other posters and developers.  Do they support death threats?  That's the question. 
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    I have reported you for saying that members of this community support violence against developers. If you cannot name the people who have supported this you are casting aspersions against our community. 
    JeleenaByrgenarHofenAsm0deuscameltosisTinkerBellCommando
    Chamber of Chains
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

Is there a screening process I am supposed to follow prior to posting?  Is there a list of these 10,000+post posters I'm supposed to send a rough draft to before I post?  If you don't like the thread take your first post advice and don't reply.  
    Yes, it should have been received in your welcome package.  Please send all drafts to [email protected]

If you do not get a response please assume the content was deemed un-post worthy and do not post it.  This should greatly help you going forward!

Nah I'm good.  Hope you guys can handle my post/threads going forward.  I know a few of you getting really worked up and need to launch into bullying, attacks and harrassment and thats fine I'll just keep calling it out.  
    In the words of the great IndIgo Montoya: You keep using those words.  I do not think they mean what you think they mean!
    ByrgenarHofenAsm0deus

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

cheyane said:
    I have reported you for saying that members of this community support violence against developers. If you cannot name the people who have supported this you are casting aspersions against our community. 
    More bullying and even adding harrassment this time.  Nice work.  
    edited November 2017
    immodium said:
    cheyane said:

Geez the title is the question the body is my supporting information.  Now feel free to disagree but the title is clearly a question.  And yes I do think some on here support the personal attacks, harrassment and bullying of other posters and developers.  Do they support death threats?  That's the question. 
    You made the title question rhetorical by clearly stating that you already think people here support the death threats. I literally just quoted it for you. If that wasn't what you meant then you should have phrased it better.
    Stjerneodd
    I'm not changing the title or the body for you.  If you disagree thats cool. 

In the words of the great IndIgo Montoya: You keep using those words.  I do not think they mean what you think they mean!
    I posted the definition and explained the example in this thread if you need help on what one of the words mean. 
    edited November 2017
    I'm not changing the title or the body for you.  If you disagree thats cool. 
    I don't want you to change it. I suspect you knew exactly what you were doing.
    Stjerneodd
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    So I get it personal attacks, harrassment and bullying are allowed on this site.  It's makes sense why SOME (CLEARLY PEOPLE MISSED THIS WORD SO I PUT IN CAPS FOR YOU) on here are so fast to defend those I called out on Reddit the ones making death threats over a video game. 

Clearly I'm on the right side you guys enjoy supporting the death threats , personal attacks, bullying and harrassment of those who disagree with you and the Developers who make video games.  

I've been on this site for years, no one has ever "supported" a death threat or even made a death threat in posts that I've seen or heard of.

immodiumByrgenarHofenRedempStjerneoddKyleran
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    I'm not supporting anyone sending threats of any kind to anyone. It's an entertainment medium, I don't see how people can get so upset over it. It's the same thing as when No Mans Sky came out and everyone under the sun wanted to sue the devs and send them hate / death threats. It's entertainment. Show what you want with your wallet. Don't make peoples lives hell over something that they might not have control over. 
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    OP, I'd like to introduce you to the gamer species. They sit somewhere between lawyers and used car salesmen in the bottom-feeder section of humanity.

Nothing new, really.
    Sovrathlaxie

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    So I get it personal attacks, harrassment and bullying are allowed on this site.  It's makes sense why SOME (CLEARLY PEOPLE MISSED THIS WORD SO I PUT IN CAPS FOR YOU) on here are so fast to defend those I called out on Reddit the ones making death threats over a video game. 

Clearly I'm on the right side you guys enjoy supporting the death threats , personal attacks, bullying and harrassment of those who disagree with you and the Developers who make video games.  

if you dont 'attack' then people dont need to 'defend'

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    I have yet to see a single person endorsing the threats. Even on Reddit, all I've seen are several highly upvoted threads saying "Do not send threats to developers".

Most sane people would agree that threats to developers of any kind are 1) not right; and 2) not productive anyway.

The large majority of people I've spoken to disagree with Battlefront's microtransaction implementation. Presumably, a tiny subset of people who don't like the design will go and send threats to a specific person. Just because both this minority and the majority agree on their dislike of the payment model, it doesn't mean they also agree on sending threats to people.

Do I dislike the payment model in Battlefront? Yes. I think it's a pile of steaming crap.
    Do I endorse threats of any kind? No.

I can't speak for others, but my guess is their answers would be the same.
    cameltosis
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    edited November 2017
    Facebook and social media as a whole started a movement that can't be stopped.  It has even seeped its way into the real world as we see hate events unfold at a dramatic rate. 

The opinion is now a weapon and it is being used as a bladed edge.  The day of normal discussion is over. It is something we have to live with, avoid, and cautiously watch over.

It's not that there are crazy people in the world, it is now that there is a way a group of crazy people can voice and be heard.  It is a phenomenon that the younger generation will have to deal with, in more extreme conditions then we do now. It is not going to get better, it is only going to get worst.

This will be in history books, we are living an unending war of hate and regret that exists in limitless actions. 
    Stjerneoddbartoni33
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
    Gorwe said:
    laxie said:
    I have yet to see a single person endorsing the threats. Even on Reddit, all I've seen are several highly upvoted threads saying "Do not send threats to developers".

Most sane people would agree that threats to developers of any kind are 1) not right; and 2) not productive anyway.

The large majority of people I've spoken to disagree with Battlefront's microtransaction implementation. Presumably, a tiny subset of people who don't like the design will go and send threats to a specific person. Just because both this minority and the majority agree on their dislike of the payment model, it doesn't mean they also agree on sending threats to people.

Do I dislike the payment model in Battlefront? Yes. I think it's a pile of steaming crap.
    Do I endorse threats of any kind? No.

I can't speak for others, but my guess is their answers would be the same.

I fully endorse threats to Bobby Kotick and scum company. But even that won't produce result of any kind, so...do it at your own leisure. Even so, they are accustomed to this and can hire their own private army of bodyguards. They'll be fine.

Threatening mere employees? Wtf is wrong with you? They are simply being paid to do a job. They don't pull the shots and merely facilitate that model. Be angry at "Kotick Scum Theatre".
    Threats toward anyone is unacceptable. If people don't like Kotick then don't buy the games.

Heck, if I took over that company I'd fire him on the spot. But I would do all I can to throw anyone in jail who made death threats against the man.
    RosenborgConstantineMerus

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,852
    cheyane said:
    "I fully endorse threats to Bobby Kotick and scum company."

"People are just outraged and outraged they should be. EA done fukked it up and they should reap what they sow. Fair's fair."

Both said by Gorwe

Looks like the OP is 100% correct.

Xiaoki said:
    cheyane said:

"People are just outraged and outraged they should be. EA done fukked it up and they should reap what they sow. Fair's fair."

Both said by Gorwe

Well, it looks like the OP is correct on one person. However, he asserts that it's multiple people.

Additionally, Gorwe made those comments in response to this thread. I don't ever recall him (though maybe he did?) saying anything like that anywhere on this forum before this thread.

Sovrath said:
    Xiaoki said:
    cheyane said:

Both said by Gorwe

Well, it looks like the OP is correct on one person. However, he asserts that it's multiple people.

Additionally, Gorwe made those comments in response to this thread. I don't ever recall him (though maybe he did?) saying anything like that anywhere on this forum before this thread.
    Pretty sure not every person who is signed up on this site has seen or posted here.  I would bet Gorwe is not the only one.  

You can try to defend him all you want doing so could put you in the category of accepting that behavior and mentality.  
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    edited November 2017
    Sovrath said:
    Xiaoki said:
    cheyane said:

Both said by Gorwe

Pretty sure not every person who is signed up on this site has seen or posted here.  I would bet Gorwe is not the only one.  

You can try to defend him all you want doing so could put you in the category of accepting that behavior and mentality.  
    I fully support your right to be whatever gender you want, but don't tell me I'm wrong for sticking my dick in a hole in the wall that I've named Molly!
    [Deleted User]GorwelaxieStjerneodd
This discussion has been closed.