Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path of Exile - The Exiled Tribune - How the Trade Site Helps Identify Bot Users & More - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imagePath of Exile - The Exiled Tribune - How the Trade Site Helps Identify Bot Users & More - MMORPG.com

Grinding Gear recently opened the official Path of Exile Trade Site that provides players more options for players to participate in trading. We had the opportunity to interview the team to learn more about the development process and how it's being used to track down and identify trades "scraping bots".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited November 2017
    This trade site interests me, I'm going to look into it a bit more.

The main thing I hated about PoE was the currency system. Hopefully this site can make it more approachable and actually workable without calling for price checks/conversions and such.

Now... if only they can get it ingame somehow.. surely it can be done if there's a website doing it instead.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • ElthiumElthium Member UncommonPosts: 88
    Never tried any of the other sites but the official trade store works really well. Used a few times and every time I've done a transaction within minutes. The new AFK feature is a godsend.
    [Deleted User]Awo303
  • TazdragoTazdrago Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Well why don't they just add a offline store.
    UNH0LYEV1L
  • UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    edited November 2017
    This is incredible bullshit. Its the exact same as the community sites with the afk feature added in. It does not make trading any demonstrably easier.
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081

This trade site interests me, I'm going to look into it a bit more.

The main thing I hated about PoE was the currency system. Hopefully this site can make it more approachable and actually workable without calling for price checks/conversions and such.

Now... if only they can get it ingame somehow.. surely it can be done if there's a website doing it instead.

I feel like this game complicates a lot of things just for the sake of being complicated. I game to have fun. I shouldn't have to study a game like I'm studying for a Physics exam to understand such basic things like the currency system...
    [Deleted User]TheDarkrayne
  • viron93viron93 Member UncommonPosts: 10

This is incredible bullshit. Its the exact same as the community sites with the afk feature added in. It does not make trading any demonstrably easier.

From their manifesto, they make it so that any new feature will be available in their website 1st, while gonna wait a bit longer for 3rd party website to update their page example the 10days race, u have to wait 2/3 days for poe.trade to updated, while official website update instantly which makes trading more efficiently on early league
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited November 2017
    Best Idea allow trading for in game currency, and "Gold" the kind that is bought with real money in the cash shop so F2P players can have a way to play the game make in game money to pay for stuff...... As for the main reason I don't like POE to this day its because the developers were too lazy to preview "Armor" / Cash shop items in game like how Black Desert & Guild Wars 2 as well as needs better character models / customizations although that part isn't a big deal having to open YouTube to preview stuff is a big turn-off to me.
    ananitAlexanderVendikertin
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited November 2017
    This is a very good idea,good way of saying CYA Blizzard,whom removed their AH in D3,yep again good job Blizzard,a developer who likes to fully control you and your game,so it never feels like your items or your game.
    Too bad these arpg's are awful,just one shot spam fests,nothing i want in my gaming experience nor do i consider it fun,.i have higher standards i guess.
    This does however put it a full step ahead of D3 and likely force Blizzard to do something similar but not good enough to get me back playing.
    BTW i played POE for about 2 months,found the character building process decently fun but the game play just awful,maps are awful,viewing area is awful,very little to give arpg's a positive rating,to me they are all fails 3/10 at best.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    geesh ,i can see looking over others posts,the html system is not working,not properly creating paragraphs,been a long time problem at mmorpg,imo they should fire their webpage guy/s/gals ,still no SECURE webpages,just makes this site look big time amateur.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited November 2017
    Wizardry said:
    This is a very good idea,good way of saying CYA Blizzard,whom removed their AH in D3,yep again good job Blizzard,a developer who likes to fully control you and your game,so it never feels like your items or your game.
    Too bad these arpg's are awful,just one shot spam fests,nothing i want in my gaming experience nor do i consider it fun,.i have higher standards i guess.
    This does however put it a full step ahead of D3 and likely force Blizzard to do something similar but not good enough to get me back playing.
    BTW i played POE for about 2 months,found the character building process decently fun but the game play just awful,maps are awful,viewing area is awful,very little to give arpg's a positive rating,to me they are all fails 3/10 at best.
    I'm marginally sure Blizzard no longer cares about D3 anyways (it's a buy-to-play game so they already got their customers' money and they haven't been making tangible updates to it for a while now) so they aren't forced to do anything by this until they get around to making a D4 (of which I don't think us old timers might even be alive by then. Or at least, coherent)
  • Awo303Awo303 Member UncommonPosts: 11

yes but trading is already ez... you pay what they ask join there game and boom trade done in 5 seconds...
  • CoolmerCoolmer Member UncommonPosts: 14

awo303 said:

yes but trading is already ez... you pay what they ask join there game and boom trade done in 5 seconds...

Trade in PoE is jesus, big waste of time, this aka "big effort" is bullshit.
    That is opinion from player who was there from early beginning, 2012.