Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NCSoft Announces PC MMO 'Project TL' - MMORPG.com News

Comments

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    These MMO ARPG's always look amazing in the trailer and then i play them and they are dog shit. Someone tell me the name of that other MMO ARPG on the way with the really amazing graphics i cant remember the name
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Looks like action combat I pass.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Well Lineage 1 was more of an ARPG style game than Lineage 2. So it didn't surprise me at all when Lineage Eternal was an ARPG. I'm glad they are taking their time with this, as a new Lineage game will be awesome. I never got to experience L1 in it's prime, so I'm hoping this game is like that. 
    [Deleted User]
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Wake me when they hit open beta
  • Torin_KhaosTorin_Khaos Member UncommonPosts: 18
    yay another Asian P2W money grab
    FrodoFragins
  • SelzyrSelzyr Member UncommonPosts: 60
    so...another gender lock trash game? don't we have enough of these?
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. And the more you know Insanity, is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. But I can tell you that only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
  • KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    Selzyr said:
    so...another gender lock trash game? don't we have enough of these?
    How did you conclude that. Even Lineage 1 which is old as fuck is not gender locked.
    [Deleted User]
  • BalianWolfieBalianWolfie Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Out of all the new games and new trailers, this is the one that didn't give me any excitement. It just seem... so boringly mediocre.

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    edited November 2017
    Out of all the new games and new trailers, this is the one that didn't give me any excitement. It just seem... so boringly mediocre.
    well at least they showed gameplay footage hehe.  alot of the console stuff, commercials, is just the video cut scene piece and it tricks ppl into thinking its awesome, but its really 5 year old pc game graphics hehe.  

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Cool video. I'm interested enough to find out more news when it's closer to launching, but NC Soft is known for making shiny eye-candy with no depth so we'll see.
  • DabOnThemDabOnThem Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Tired of these fantasy games in general, let alone all these Asian companies pumping out European fantasy themed games. Was hoping for a bad-ass Asian wielding a Bo, sai, or short striking sticks, but got a metro sexual guy....

• cielyciely Member UncommonPosts: 124
    stopped reading after nc
  • NitemareMMONitemareMMO Member UncommonPosts: 239
    edited November 2017

Looks kind of like Black Desert the ARPG, but without graphical pop up. Holy shit the mounted combat though. That part caught my eye.

What I see is basically all the good of Lineage Eternal, but none of the bad. I hope it's not another 2-3 years away, because that looks phenomenal as an action MMO.

I will bet you 50 it's gonna take 'em 2-3 years to get out in the west. Hope you get the money and I get the game.
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,846
    Looks kind of like Black Desert the ARPG, but without graphical pop up. Holy shit the mounted combat though. That part caught my eye. What I see is basically all the good of Lineage Eternal, but none of the bad. I hope it's not another 2-3 years away, because that looks phenomenal as an action MMO.
    How can you tell what the combat looks like compared to anything else?

The "combat" they showed looked as scripted as the cutscene parts of the trailer.

Only a few seconds of that trailer looked like what could have been actual gameplay.
  • Syphin_BSyphin_B Member UncommonPosts: 340
    edited November 2017
    If the game devs or tbh asian devs can understand that giving us better randomized loot and non-linear leveling, that would be great....they're always stuck on this linear loot grind where you go from area a and you get area A loot then onto area b and you get area B loot, so on and so forth. If they only understood how incredibly boring that is... its like every area has 1 set of gear for your class and that's all you're gonna get until you go to the next area This is what you do, take this exact game you have and throw in a diablo 2/3 loot system and random rolls, make leveling a bit more open and less linear. You have a hit on your hands...

I still don't understand why companies don't get this, you plug these systems in and you got a hit on your hands. I'm 100% behind what DMKano said
    edited November 2017
    Syphin_B said:
    If the game devs or tbh asian devs can understand that giving us better randomized loot and non-linear leveling, that would be great....they're always stuck on this linear loot grind where you go from area a and you get area A loot then onto area b and you get area B loot, so on and so forth. If they only understood how incredibly boring that is... its like every area has 1 set of gear for your class and that's all you're gonna get until you go to the next area This is what you do, take this exact game you have and throw in a diablo 2/3 loot system and random rolls, make leveling a bit more open and less linear. You have a hit on your hands...

I still don't understand why companies don't get this, you plug these systems in and you got a hit on your hands. I'm 100% behind what DMKano said
    I think in terms of loot, Diablo 2 still is one of the best games out there. I don't know why MMOs don't implement ARPG Diablo-like loot in which a monster can drop anything up to what its level allows to drop..
  • AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940
    They had a few moments of gameplay there. With the sorc turning the waterfall to ice and such. Looks good, but guess we'll have to wait a few years before it comes to the west.

Apparently, there is a closed beta planned in 2018, but thats probably for Korea only, and who knows if people ara allowed share gameplay videos or other experiences then.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034
    Weird how the video makes this PC MMORPG seem like a gamepad-controlled brawler.

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
    Orthelian said:
    Weird how the video makes this PC MMORPG seem like a gamepad-controlled brawler.
    They said there are plans to maybe port to consoles at some point in the future, but right now the focus is the launch on PC.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    I like it, it's like they decided to bring Lineage Eternals back, that if they don't go through the same mistakes so win/win.
  • Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    Aori said:
    Project Too Long. Tired of waiting for Lineage.
    imagine how the Star Citizen people feel. lol
    IceAge
    Moxom914 said:
    Aori said:
    I bet my balls TL will arrive america before Star Citizen will ever see the light.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Kabulozo said:
    Moxom914 said:
    Aori said:
    I bet my balls TL will arrive america before Star Citizen will ever see the light.
    It possibly will, these games tend to be announced when they already been years in-dev.

Though America is always hard to tell, but if it is published by NcSoft in both it should come quick enough.
  • bamwallabamwalla Member UncommonPosts: 221
    NCsoft always makes great teaser trailers (mostly always).... but I have to say that game looks like a hell of a lot of fun.
  • TazdragoTazdrago Member UncommonPosts: 44
    I really do fail to see how on earth they can call that Lineage.. If they was to remake Lineage 2 in C5 or anywhere before GOD, they would have massive hit.