Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mobile Version Character Creation Video Offers Stunning Ways to Make Just the Right You - Black Dese

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageMobile Version Character Creation Video Offers Stunning Ways to Make Just the Right You - Black Desert Online Videos - MMORPG.com

The Black Desert Mobile game is shaping up nicely, no less so than in character customization. In a new trailer, the team behind the game showed off deep customization including most of the options that are available in the online version of Black Desert. This includes eyes, skin color, body type, and much more.

Read the full story here

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• WoeToTheVanquishedWoeToTheVanquished Member UncommonPosts: 276
    It's nice that mobile games allow players to have an equivalence since mobile devices share the same hardware components. It is, however, unfortunate that mobile games suck balls due to the limited nature of mobile devices (auto combat, p2w, etc)
  • FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322

It's nice that mobile games allow players to have an equivalence since mobile devices share the same hardware components. It is, however, unfortunate that mobile games suck balls due to the limited nature of mobile devices (auto combat, p2w, etc)

p2w and auto combat have absolutely nothing to do with the nature of mobile devices and 100% to do with the nature of the companies who make the games and the people who play them.
    infomatzConstantineMeruswingood
  • Leguma11Leguma11 Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Stay 2-3 hours to make the char , then auto - grind and forget how your char even looks ! :))
  • BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403
    I personally love mobile gaming, it's definitely an incredibly big market at the moment, this is one title that I will be looking out for.

As well as Lineage 2 Revolution on Wednesday!, with over 1 million pre-registrations it's looking to be a good game.
    Phaserlight
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    These comments remind me of the things we used to say about mobile devices for watching movies ("Who would want to watch a movie on a tiny screen") or the things my parents used to say about computers and later the internet. Yet, millions of people watch TV and movies on small devices, and computers and the internet are as commonplace and accepted as the refrigerator.

Change is hard and will always have stodgy dinosaurs trying to get everyone to resist moving forward. But like Earth's dinosaurs, they'll be extinct soon enough.

Sorry naysayers, mobile gaming is your asteroid.
    PhaserlightOnionsoupinfomatz

• WarzodWarzod Member RarePosts: 495
    Wonder if it will have the same idiotic naming system as the base game.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    These comments remind me of the things we used to say about mobile devices for watching movies ("Who would want to watch a movie on a tiny screen") or the things my parents used to say about computers and later the internet. Yet, millions of people watch TV and movies on small devices, and computers and the internet are as commonplace and accepted as the refrigerator.

Change is hard and will always have stodgy dinosaurs trying to get everyone to resist moving forward. But like Earth's dinosaurs, they'll be extinct soon enough.

The only time I ever watched a movie on a phone was on an airplane that streamed it to my phone.

Why in the world would I want to watch a movie or play a game on such a small little screen when I can have an actual "great experience" on my computer Monitor or TV?

Nope, not for me.
    infomatz
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Sovrath said:

The only time I ever watched a movie on a phone was on an airplane that streamed it to my phone.

Why in the world would I want to watch a movie or play a game on such a small little screen when I can have an actual "great experience" on my computer Monitor or TV?

Nope, not for me.
    Because lying down is more comfortable than sitting in a chair, because due to the nature of geometry and ppi you can still get lost in a 5" screen if it's a good movie (it can occupy the exact same field of view as a desktop monitor, or more if mobile VR has taught us anything), because you won't always have access to your desktop monitor or TV...

Truly, the major advantage my desktop has right now over my phone are input peripherals. A mouse is just more accurate than a gamepad, and typing is much faster on a keyboard (this was written on a phone fwiw).

More software runs on my desktop. It used to be that desktops were much more powerful graphically, but honestly, my phone will run virtual reality apps that look all right.  It's not a stretch to say they are about on par, graphically, although my desktop is 10 years old. 

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    edited November 2017
    I personally love mobile gaming, it's definitely an incredibly big market at the moment, this is one title that I will be looking out for.

As well as Lineage 2 Revolution on Wednesday!, with over 1 million pre-registrations it's looking to be a good game.
    1 million of dissapointed players....i tried it and was another korean autocombat , autoquest boring shit...
    Sovrath said:

Nope, not for me.
    before having a tablet i watchet tons of movies , series on my phone , and it was more than ok , once u get into the movie , u dont even notice the size of the screen.
    edited November 2017
    Warlyx said:

Nope, not for me.
    before having a tablet i watchet tons of movies , series on my phone , and it was more than ok , once u get into the movie , u dont even notice the size of the screen.
    you kind of do if you are looking for how shots are created, the composition of how it's laid out. Not to mentioned truly seeing the subtle expressions of the performers or heck, how awesome the special effects are.

Like I said, I experienced it on an airplane and it wasn't a great experience. Well, for me.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

edited November 2017
    DMKano said:

No sir, I the dinosaur will outlast.
    Until the “big” companies decide it’s more profitable to invest in mobile components. Mobile searches surpassed desktop searches in 2015. Internet usage on mobile devices surpassed desktops in 2016. Companies will go where the people ($$$) are. It’s not a stretch to come to the realization that finding desktop parts in ten years will be like finding vacuum tubes today.

Sovrath said:

Nope, not for me.
    That’s fine, as long as you realize you’re a dying breed. I see limited entertainment choices for you in the future. 

DMKano said:

Never watched a movie on mobile - my surround sound 7.2 system + 4K display wont be outdone by shitty mobile screen ever

Same goes for gaming - triple displays + silver MX (lubed) PBT keycap board + mouse, GTX 1080ti, M2 drive, OC 4.7 i7
    I hope that wasn’t designed to impress. All it says to me (and probably many others) is you wasted a shit-ton of money. 

E-peening is expensive.

edited November 2017

Nope, not for me.
    That’s fine, as long as you realize you’re a dying breed. I see limited entertainment choices for you in the future. 

hmmm, since Televisions are getting larger and larger with internet connectivity part of the package as well as more people staying at home with their own home movie theaters as opposed to going out to the theater, I think I'm in a pretty good place.

How much more extensive do we need? Games on the computer or TV, same with movies and music.

I don't need to be watching a movie while I sit on the subway. But maybe that's how the youngin's roll nowadays?

edited November 2017
    Sovrath said:

Nope, not for me.

hmmm, since Televisions are getting larger and larger with internet connectivity part of the package as well as more people staying at home with their own home movie theaters as opposed to going out to the theater, I think I'm in a pretty good place.
    Yeah, I have one of those. Never turn it on. It’s a pretty piece of artwork to round out the look of the living room though. I’ll probably just dump it at Goodwill soon.

• FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322

DMKano said:

Never watched a movie on mobile - my surround sound 7.2 system + 4K display wont be outdone by shitty mobile screen ever

Same goes for gaming - triple displays + silver MX (lubed) PBT keycap board + mouse, GTX 1080ti, M2 drive, OC 4.7 i7

Only time I play mobile - stuck @ airport or on the shitter

You need to hook Suzie Ford up with your gear. Maybe all that hardware could help her write more than 3 sentences without grammar mistakes.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited November 2017
    Okay there's a good looking character for and a cute elephant. No need for wagons anymore when you can just use a 16 slot elephant to do trade runs just like boats being useless when you can out swim everyone with a pay 2 win shark costume and +5 movement speed.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    DMKano said:

Only time I play mobile - stuck @ airport or on the shitter
    You are not alone, dear Sir dinosaur. Perfectionism never dies and it will outlast everything. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    edited November 2017
    DMKano said:

Was designed to prove a point of how PC hardware makes for a much better entertainment experience, and makes mobile utter shit.

People play mobile games because they can't afford consoles or PC (or are on the shitter or stuck waiting somewhere where they don't have access to PC or consoles)
    People play mobile games because they cannot afford consoles or a PC? lol

$1000 iPad Pro and iPhone X owners would like to disagree with you.

I know it's hard for someone like you to ingest the fact that some people (who also happen to enjoy playing games) prefer mobile devices. Not everyone is like you, so stop trying to pass off your preferences as statement of fact.

If you require that amount of tech to provide you with a "better" experience -- in your opinion -- then by all means go for it. But don't try and pretend for a second that it's necessary. That says more about YOU than the people you think 'can't afford consoles or PCs'.

I think you'll find the Urban Dictionary would define you as a technobrat.

Point NOT proven.

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    DMKano said:

I hope that wasn’t designed to impress. All it says to me (and probably many others) is you wasted a shit-ton of money. 

E-peening is expensive.

Was designed to prove a point of how PC hardware makes for a much better entertainment experience, and makes mobile utter shit.

People play mobile games because they can't afford consoles or PC (or are on the shitter or stuck waiting somewhere where they don't have access to PC or consoles)

...such as on a 2 hour long public transportation commute.

I think the reasons to use mobile as a gaming platform are somewhat more myriad than you are allowing.
    postlarval

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

Sovrath said:

Nope, not for me.

Yeah, I have one of those. Never turn it on. It’s a pretty piece of artwork to round out the look of the living room though. I’ll probably just dump it at Goodwill soon.
    So you sit around looking and listening to a phone when better picture and sound is feet away?

Well, to each his/her own.

edited November 2017
    Sovrath said:
    Sovrath said:

Nope, not for me.

So you sit around looking and listening to a phone when better picture and sound is feet away?

I don’t watch TV. I bought it for my grandchildren. Now that they live in another state and visit less often, there’s no point having it.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited November 2017
    Sovrath said:
    Sovrath said:

Nope, not for me.

I don’t watch TV. I bought it for my grandchildren. Now that they live in another state and visit less often, there’s no point having it.
    I use mine to avert wife aggro, allows for more time gaming.

Netflix, Prime TV, and full cable also for the assist.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited November 2017
    Kyleran said:
    Sovrath said:
    Sovrath said:

Nope, not for me.

I use mine to avert wife aggro, allows for more time gaming.

Netflix, Prime TV, and full cable also for the assist.

;)
    :-)
    I have the opposite problem. I travel so often for work I only see my wife roughly 10 days each month.