Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR has no future anymore

DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

As to put things into context, as a SW fan I started following SWTOR development even before it was officially announced. Created my account the very day the forums opened and been enjoying the game on and off since launch December, 20th 2011.

As all of you I've been experiencing all the changes through the years and still had hope, some day, the game would be saved. A producer would come and transmute the rough stone it is now into a finely cut jewel we can see glowing deep below the surface.

Not anymore.

As you can see here BioWare, has nothing good and specific to say to reassure the players. -Rest assured they did see the tread.-

We can all agree, Keith is the best producer we had, though he can't do much without a proper budget and the skilled resources.

The skeleton crew, can barely maintain the game at all. The skilled resources have been cannibalized by Anthem and other games. Sorry to put things bluntly but nothing good will be coming out of SWTOR in the future.

There is no hope for this game anymore.

Don't worry, until a new SW MMO (with RMT) it won't die as EA must run a SW MMO and the cash shop makes it still (barely) profitable to maintain.

XxxusernametakenxxxGdemamiDistopiaMrMelGibsonLittyCrittiespantaroRobsolfklash2defCryptoCrowTheScavenger

Comments

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I haven't heard anything about SWTOR in a long time.  Last time I tried it the performance was bad, the gfx looked dated and they had screwed/nerfed with my class so much it didn't remotely play the same.  
    MaurgrimHarikenbeebop500
  • XxxusernametakenxxxXxxusernametakenxxx Member UncommonPosts: 127
    edited November 2017
    2011 called and wants their crying topic back.  

This exact post has been regurgitated countless times every year since 2011.  Don't worry bud you keep saying this and one of these years you will be right...one of these years.  

I can't say I am surprised but the OP has been on this doom and gloom about swtor for years.  It's probably time to just move on dude.

Here is a good one from 2012

DEEWE (December 2012)

Andryah is one of the very few I put on ignore long ago and never missed it since then.

You just can't discuss with this person. Reading his posts was a pure waste of time.

Back to TOR, please don't blame EA for TOR. I mean well blame them for not having stepped in the game management earlier as well BioWare wasted milions of dollars without supervision from EA and delivered poorly in the end.

Post edited by Xxxusernametakenxxx on
    DekahnHuntrezzMrMelGibsonLittyCrittieseddieg50
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Image result for star wars nope gif
    DeeweXarkoMrMelGibson[Deleted User]pantaroLucienReneklash2defJunglecharlyScot

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

DEEWE question...

Are you banned over on swtor?  Looking through your history all you do is copy a link from swtor forums and post it here with some long winded doom and gloom.  Why wouldn't you just do your doom and gloom over there?  Just seems weird.  Well weird I guess would be complaining about a video game for 6 years but that's just an opinion.  
    DekahnHuntrezzMrMelGibson
  • strykr619strykr619 Member UncommonPosts: 284
    LOL at this thread. Game is going strong. 
    HuntrezzKalebGraysonklash2defaliven
  • DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

This exact post has been regurgitated countless times every year since 2011.  Don't worry bud you keep saying this and one of these years you will be right...one of these years.  

I can't say I am surprised but the OP has been on this doom and gloom about swtor for years.  It's probably time to just move on dude.

DEEWE (December 2012)

Andryah is one of the very few I put on ignore long ago and never missed it since then.

You just can't discuss with this person. Reading his posts was a pure waste of time.

Back to TOR, please don't blame EA for TOR. I mean well blame them for not having stepped in the game management earlier as well BioWare wasted milions of dollars without supervision from EA and delivered poorly in the end.

And yet the infos above comes from insiders.

At the time it's BioWare producers (and some designers) that screwed up with the development of the game.

By now EA is just not investing in the game anymore, which is sad considering it could still become that good. 

GdemamiHuntrezz
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Likely not as much as I love Star Wars I never liked SWTOR the only MMO Version because it felt too much like Star Trek online with bad character models.

Given todays technology we could easily have a MMO based Star Wars game that feels exactly like the movies that features "Battlefront" to Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 arena modes / MOBA mode etc, with great character models and realistic effects, this is something Bioware / EA will never be able to do in SWTOR and the reason I can't stomach to play the game and i've tried the game at least 5 times over the years, as well as the RNG boxes turning me off from the game.

SWTOR to me feels worse than World OF Warcraft minus the talent changes that really turned me away from WOW.

But I still love the whole Star Wars intellectual property its a great concept just the cost to develop such a game I would love to see would be very expensive millions of dollars likely similar to Ashes of creation if not more.
    Gdemami
  • GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    After the game went "f2p", I left. There just was no reason to stay for me and my guild. The end-game was grindie enough before "f2p" but was even more so after. It is sad because the game had lot of potential that was wasted in the end.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Love doing new chapters and some Pve (dungeons/raids) and pvp (hutball etc) from time to time. 

It really seems alive now and fast groupques.
    Dekahnv_Ve

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405

DEEWE (December 2012)

I think the end of EA's contract is a few years away still, and with Disney needing to crank up the money machine SWTOR just isn't going to cut it. After BFII they may decide it's not worth it to make anything with a big budget until a better climate emerges. I'm one of those people who still has the opinion that this game isn't worthy and as you said the day will come when they shut it down. 
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370

Played it for two weeks in beta then never touched it again.

Call me when a direct sequel or reboot to Star Wars Galaxies is announced.

Hatefull

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.

• jmalminjmalmin Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Swtor have no future.... Is this some sort of joke? They got a roadmap of what is coming to the game. Also next year it will get a new expansion. So the title of this post is VERY wrong. of course there is future for this game. Maybe you will not be in the game. I will be there when the expansion hits and later this month they are also doing a tiny revamp which makes stuff better. 
    MrMelGibson
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    jmalmin said:
    Swtor have no future.... Is this some sort of joke? They got a roadmap of what is coming to the game. Also next year it will get a new expansion. So the title of this post is VERY wrong. of course there is future for this game. Maybe you will not be in the game. I will be there when the expansion hits and later this month they are also doing a tiny revamp which makes stuff better. 
    Roadmaps are always created on the assumption that the money will be there to deliver the plan.

So the question is: did the roadmap include the server mergers?

If it did then I agree with you. If not then the roadmap will change.
    GdemamiLucienRene
    Deewe said:

DEEWE (December 2012)

And yet the infos above comes from insiders.

At the time it's BioWare producers (and some designers) that screwed up with the development of the game.

By now EA is just not investing in the game anymore, which is sad considering it could still become that good. 

The info came from someone on the swtor forums lol.  An insider that's funny. 
    DekahnDeeweMrMelGibson
    jmalmin said:
    Roadmap is paper thin. They are not even able to finish an OP in a year long and the supposedly XPack is more based on rumors and wet dreams than else.

And then there's the quality which is becoming really bad lately.
    Gdemami
    Deewe said:
    jmalmin said:
    Roadmap is paper thin. They are not even able to finish an OP in a year long and the supposedly XPack is more based on rumors and wet dreams than else.

And then there's the quality which is becoming really bad lately.
    Well to be fair we could say the quality of your post have become really bad lately but like I showed they've been the same for over SIX YEARS now.  
    GdemamiDeeweXarkoDistopiaMrMelGibson
    Says the guy who's only posting one liners against fully developed posts backed by facts.

Please be my guest, dig into the linked post and point at all errors in it.  Starting with the network latency issue.
    GdemamiHuntrezzMrMelGibson
    Deewe said:
    Says the guy who's only posting one liners against fully developed posts backed by facts.

Please be my guest, dig into the linked post and point at all errors in it.  Starting with the network latency issue.
    I played all weekend all type of content PvP, pve, story and not a single player I played with had any network issues.  Very few comments in your informants post even talk about the network.    Maybe you should try the game instead of believeing a poster oh sorry I mean inside man you read on swtor forums.  

Now I understand your have been banned from the swtor forums for a few years now but let me help you out very rarely can anything posted on swtor forums be considered accurate.  I mean 7 pages on the swtor forums from some inside informant isn't a very important apparently.  I mean the love thread had 697 pages of comments.  

There more than one line.
    MrMelGibson
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Deewe said:

Time for your yearly SWTOR is dead post, well you will get it one of these days.

Just FYI, a SWTOR forum post is not an 'inside' source. LOL! Anyway, see you next year.
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

Don't get were you read the insider is from forum post when it's in fact people I know personally, the same that told be about a SW MMO being in development.

Now I never said SWTOR is dead, only that is has no future, more specifically no good future.

BTW would there be a roadmap filled with content rest assured, by now, BioWare would have posted it, especially if there was an XPack on the horizon.

In regards of the network I noted you did not prove there isn't network latency issue especially for the Australian players. Go check the bug reports forum and the latency spikes people are getting.

Your like thread is nice try, only that people who left, can't post on the forums.

Finally sorry to disappoint you but I haven't been banned from the forms and still have very civilized discussions there.

All in all what are you bringing in apart vague comments  insinuating false elements?

GdemamiByrgenarHofenMrMelGibson
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    @Deewe yet another doom and gloom post by you on the TOR forums filled with speculation, out of the blue extrapolation and hyperbole. Are you not tired of this ? We get it, you do not like the path TOR is walking on. You've made it clear a dozen times over the years. Maybe it's time for you to move on ?

No one claims that everything is pink and shiny in the game, like ALL mmo's TOR has its flaws and shortcomings however this constant whining of yours and a couple of other forum members is getting really old by now.

What i perceive from my daily endeavors in TOR is that the game is going strong and the vast majority of the players is having a good time without noticing the small yet very vocal minority who tries to create issues out of thin air on the forums. You should make a survey about the percent of the player base who visits TOR's forums and replies to posts such as yours. The percentage is minuscule.
    HuntrezzRoinMrMelGibson
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Deewe said:

As to put things into context, as a SW fan I started following SWTOR development even before it was officially announced. Created my account the very day the forums opened and been enjoying the game on and off since launch December, 20th 2011.

As all of you I've been experiencing all the changes through the years and still had hope, some day, the game would be saved. A producer would come and transmute the rough stone it is now into a finely cut jewel we can see glowing deep below the surface.

Not anymore.

As you can see here BioWare, has nothing good and specific to say to reassure the players. -Rest assured they did see the tread.-

We can all agree, Keith is the best producer we had, though he can't do much without a proper budget and the skilled resources.

The skeleton crew, can barely maintain the game at all. The skilled resources have been cannibalized by Anthem and other games. Sorry to put things bluntly but nothing good will be coming out of SWTOR in the future.

There is no hope for this game anymore.

Don't worry, until a new SW MMO (with RMT) it won't die as EA must run a SW MMO and the cash shop makes it still (barely) profitable to maintain.

bioware was not putting good things out for years now, don't see why you didn't see it comming after the whole, "best part of the swtor was the VA"
    Deewe
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I recently went back to this game. Played through the starter planet quests. Then tried to leave the planet. Game crash. Game crash. Game crash. Got frustrated and quit. Later, I goggled it, and this has been a bug since at least 2015. Yet they haven't fixed it. Sloppy.
    GdemamiBlaze_Rocker

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Torval said:
    Sounds like you don't have much of a future with the game. I like most of the changes so far, except my gunslinger has taken it in the shorts a bit and he was more fun than my sage, but whatever. 
    Glad you are happy and having fun. That's the most important. Hope they'll improve (balance) the gunslinger for sure. That they can certainly do.

Just wondering what's your take on the CXP?
    I can see both sides of the coin. For me it was an awesome feature on paper, poorly delivered and still clunky.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    DMKano said:
    Meh. 

I have lost all interest in star wars for a while now - I am just over the while franchise, not just the games. Was bored to tears with whatever that last one was with the girl who knew how to do everything and emo-vader.

There was another one that's been out and has been on HBO for a while - Force One?  or something - zero desire to watch that.

And there's a new one coming out next year? (not sure) with emo guy and girl again. 

I could be wrong about the dates - just the stuff I ovrehear from folks at work who are into it still

/shrug 

agreed.  Less is more.  With them cranking out movies like they are, the thrill went away long ago.  Ah well.  If a new SW MMO came out and it was good, I'd jump in, but atm, meh.
    LucienRene

I self identify as a monkey.