Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EA Wins Dubious Honor as Most Downvoted Reddit Post Ever for Star Wars Battlefront 2 - MMORPG.com

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    DMKano said:
    EA keeps winning these dubious awards 

Guess what.....

They are still making $$$

So EA share dropped.... but EA will keep going like roaches post nuclear holocaust

EA lives on - because people keep buying their games.

Every day I'm reminded how truly prophetic Idiocracy was, They just underestimated how many years it would take.
    ByrgenarHofen[Deleted User]k61977MadFrenchie
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    If it was grind without the option of buying.. I'd be ok with it... Or, make it realllyyy expensive, like 10,000$ complete hero set pack to support the game. Whales will pay, but most people will work for it, I'm ok with that. As long as 10% or less from the population can afford these advantages which can be obtained by all through grind, I am pretty ok with it. 40 hours is not that much? Although, if a game is to use such a system, they should just go as free to play, or a very low price.

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    The fact you can't cancel your pre-orders says a lot about EA's business decisions. They want your money and won't give it back if they can wait you out instead.
    ByrgenarHofenCogohitannim78Slapshot1188
  • sycogenesissycogenesis Member UncommonPosts: 86
    EA doesn't give a fuck about theeir games anymore they are the evil immoral ppl Extra Credit talk about in all their immorale ways to develope a game videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCODtTcd5M1JavPCOr_Uydg
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    EA+star wars=succ customers hard.
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Alverant said:
    The fact you can't cancel your pre-orders says a lot about EA's business decisions. They want your money and won't give it back if they can wait you out instead.
    There is a reddit thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7cm1hh/heres_a_quick_link_to_cancel_your_star_wars/

with a link that supposedly works to cancel your preorder.

The link within the post is this: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=star-wars-battlefront-ii&platform=pc&category=orders&issue=cancel-preorder&isLoginForm=true

• XxxusernametakenxxxXxxusernametakenxxx Member UncommonPosts: 127
    EA doesn't give a fuck about theeir games anymore they are the evil immoral ppl Extra Credit talk about in all their immorale ways to develope a game videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCODtTcd5M1JavPCOr_Uydg

• tannim78tannim78 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    I have given up on EA, and uninstalled everything I have from them...including origin...After their Andromeda screw up. Not buying anything else from these money grabbing pos's....
  • eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    Blizzard is the same way, look at Hearthstone, it cost between 50 to 60 bucks to buy 50 decks, out of those decks you may get 3 or 4 good cards
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    if the game were f2p .....but u need to pay 40$ or 60$ for it only to have to unlock heroes after playing 40h....add loot boxes fiasco. Is no wonder ppl are up in arms.

but hey its EA...
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited November 2017
    eddieg50 said:
    Blizzard is the same way, look at Hearthstone, it cost between 50 to 60 bucks to buy 50 decks, out of those decks you may get 3 or 4 good cards
    Yes, but Hearthstone is free to play.
    angerbeaver
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331

BTW clearly the Russian bots are at play here.  It went from 47k which is still impressive to 200k in under 6 hours.  Pretty suspect if you ask me. 

While you're researching this obvious attempt by Russia to influence our democratic forums please also see if you can find those missing Emails and a certain dossier...

I just love the whole "Blame The Russians" defense. For a guy who's first point was about the trendy thing to complain about... this is kind of priceless.

Oh man Slap so blinded by your forum hate you cant even understand a joke. 

Oh I did... if was your first post in this thread.   Very funny.

See that blind forums hatred is still clouding your judgment.  Maybe you should step outside and get some fresh air. 

The only hate I see on this forum is coming from you and your trolling and ya know what? I can eliminate that.....
    ByrgenarHofen
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited November 2017
    grimal said:
    I find it absolutely amazing how EA is consistently tone deaf on what players want.
    Their products sell well thus they are more than likely listen to what players want, they are just def on riffraff of the gamers.

Wish more developers hardened up and didn't get intimidated by mob...
    CrazKanukRexKushman
  • RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    edited November 2017
    "You like us!  You really really like us!!!"  ;)

That said, I'm getting more glad every day that this is a SW game that I can take a pass on.  If they'd done this to Tie Fighter or Jedi Knight, I'd have been an addict tossing them my money, cursing the whole time...
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Opted out of this purchase after playing the first one.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Won't get into the semantics here but as a gamer I don't want to be 'nickle and dimed' to play a great star wars game. IMO this game is great unfortunately EA is a business, businesses have to make money, I don't agree with how they want to go about making that money, therefore I won't buy it.

I'll let my wallet do the talking.
    ByrgenarHofen
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited November 2017
    Alverant said:
    I actually found that I could cancel, but not online. * eye roll * I went to their "help site" ( https://help.ea.com/en/origin/origin-access/ ) and then created a ticket for a cancellation of the game. I had them phone me but you can also go with online chat and they will cancel the preorder. You also get a nice opportunity to say why you're cancelling too.

EDIT: Seems that online chat is up to 90 minutes and is now listing as "offline" while a return phone call is about 25 minutes' wait time.

Feels good, man.

While it can be said that my $80 doesn't matter...well, if enough $80s get together, it will make a difference. 
    pantaroGdemamiOctagon7711VrikaByrgenarHofenMadFrenchieRobsolfIselinlaserit

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

SBFord said:
    Alverant said:
    I actually found that I could cancel, but not online. * eye roll * I went to their "help site" ( https://help.ea.com/en/origin/origin-access/ ) and then created a ticket for a cancellation of the game. I had them phone me but you can also go with online chat and they will cancel the preorder. You also get a nice opportunity to say why you're cancelling too.
    Yeah, that's sounds like how cancelling SWTOR is.  Every time I have, I've scoured the website, found nothing, then googled and could only find a link that way. 

To paraphrase DNA:  "The link was in the cellar in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.”
    ByrgenarHofenSBFord
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Robsolf said:
    SBFord said:
    Alverant said:
    Yeah, that's sounds like how cancelling SWTOR is.  Every time I have, I've scoured the website, found nothing, then googled and could only find a link that way. 

To paraphrase DNA:  "The link was in the cellar in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.”
    At least, that type of thing isn't completely unique to video gaming.

Ever tried to cancel a gym membership at a franchise gym?  Holy shit.  It's got all the convenience and expediency of a medieval age religious ritual.
    ByrgenarHofenSBFordRobsolf

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Wow I've never heard anyone whine so much about whiners.

I actually find the business model quite comical. 
    Slapshot1188

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

Robsolf said:

At least, that type of thing isn't completely unique to video gaming.

Ever tried to cancel a gym membership at a franchise gym?  Holy shit.  It's got all the convenience and expediency of a medieval age religious ritual.
    Well sure, they don't generally display the cancel button right next to the Cash Store link, but you can usually find it somewhere in an "Account/Subscription/Profile" section on their site, within a click or 2.  Sometimes MMO's get tricky by putting it under an "add subscription" link.  But I don't think I've ever been able to find SWTOR's cancel link without Googling it.
    MadFrenchie
  • 03cobradude03cobradude Member UncommonPosts: 47
    edited November 2017
    I can tell you that I make around 300-350 credits a game not including the credits you get for completing achievements. Believe me, I think it is kind of crap that they are so expensive and even with getting 300 credits a game , that's 200 games. Really really steep, at 15 minutes a game is like 3000 minutes which is 50 hours for one hero. There's two that are locked, Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader. I hope the will change this.

As for the Arm chair developer comment, well these arm chair developers pay for your ass to sit in that "EA" chair of yours.

I get it, publicly traded companies will always ruin their products from the constant greed and misunderstanding of its customers that oozes out of everything wall street. I'm not anti capitalism, I've just seen first hand how a family business gets destroyed when it goes public. What looks like and is stupid decisions for us, is an everyday occurrence. You're lucky that you've never been exposed to the even dumber proposals I've heard of come across the table. This is what happens when you let accounts run a company. Numbers are one thing on paper, totally different in practice.
    Gdemami
  • ScarranScarran Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Not that I intended buying this game but if I did I would definitely be giving this game a miss after that flippant attitude. 

The progression system is still awful in this game by tying it to loot boxes and the fact that someone who kills 50 players gets the same rewards outside of completing objectives as someone who kills 0 players is ridiculous. 

Unfortunately just like Shadow of War, despite the numerous grievances people have with the game it will still sell bucketloads and the big wigs at EA will class that a success no matter what controversies surrounded it.  
  • Cyber_wastelandCyber_wasteland Member UncommonPosts: 192
    From the way all of it sounds, I spend 60 or more bones on a game that will be diseased with some pretty rotten pay to win? Like really EA what the hell did you think that was ok. Pretty sure I heard EA killed off respawn as well so I am done with anything that has EA's name on or around it. If they started putting there labels on milk I would eat my cereal with water.

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    Iselin said:
    Anthur said:

N
    Sorry $$$ > forum tears.  There is no sign that complaints on forums are impacting the sales of these 'predatory' games. 

Well I guess all the forum tears were greater this time around.  In just one day EA backtracked on the cost of unlocking heroes which is what this outcry was about.   They cut the amount needed to buy heroes by 75% for the most anticipated ones.  

So since you like facts so much guess you were 100% wrong in your assumption that forums, ect... do not make a difference. 

No company wants bad press and that is pretty much all they got the last couple days because of a bad business decision.  That decision most likely did cost them customers as many have already written off the game just based on that one fact alone.  You only get one chance to make a good first impression and this time they left a bad taste in a lot of people mouths with a greedy attempt to abuse their player base.
    BattleSaintByrgenarHofen