Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PC Review - The Perfect Home for Your Guardian - Destiny 2 Review - MMORPG.com

Comments

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    edited November 2017
    Destiny 1.5, as it should be called, is not worthy of being called a new game. It's an xpac at best. An xpac that wipes your player and forgets completely the entire world you started in. It's easy mode in the extreme. Pretty much all of the story content you can just run past stuff and ignore it. Re-used models, same engine, small group content quickly exhausted. Standards are dropping even further if this is what AAA games are going to look like.

The shooting mechanics are solid, but Bungie should have those down by now so not really surprising. And stop calling it an MMO. If you're going to call it GW 1 with guns then at least own the fact that GW1 was a Co-Op game not an MMO. There is nothing MMO about Destiny 2. Even the developers say it's not an MMO. Duh!

So glad I didn't waste money on this one. If anyone wants to watch a real review of Destiny 2, watch this:
    JeffSpicoliAlomarZalgotas
  • XxxusernametakenxxxXxxusernametakenxxx Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Destiny 1.5, as it should be called, is not worthy of being called a new game. It's an xpac at best. An xpac that wipes your player and forgets completely the entire world you started in. It's easy mode in the extreme. Pretty much all of the story content you can just run past stuff and ignore it. Re-used models, same engine, small group content quickly exhausted. Standards are dropping even further if this is what AAA games are going to look like.

The shooting mechanics are solid, but Bungie should have those down by now so not really surprising. And stop calling it an MMO. If you're going to call it GW 1 with guns then at least own the fact that GW1 was a Co-Op game not an MMO. There is nothing MMO about Destiny 2. Even the developers say it's not an MMO. Duh!

So glad I didn't waste money on this one. If anyone wants to watch a real review of Destiny 2, watch this:
    You have quite the opinion on something you admit to never playing.  Video game forums are the only place on Earth this mentality is somewhat accepted. I can post a YouTube video claiming how great the game is.  

Just to point out the crying you just did in this one post is more words then I have ever typed in my entire life on a video game I never played.  It's pretty pathetic kids cry this much about something they never played and or plan on playing.  Move on buddy there are plenty of other games out there for you.  
    JeffSpicoliAlomarRexKushmanalivenZalgotasChaserz

You have quite the opinion on something you admit to never playing.  Video game forums are the only place on Earth this mentality is somewhat accepted. I can post a YouTube video claiming how great the game is.  

Just to point out the crying you just did in this one post is more words then I have ever typed in my entire life on a video game I never played.  It's pretty pathetic kids cry this much about something they never played and or plan on playing.  Move on buddy there are plenty of other games out there for you.  

Did I say I had never played it? No, I said I didn't buy it. That doesn't mean that I don't have access to a friend's copy which he kindly allowed me to play through before I made a decision on whether or not I would buy my own copy. After several hours of mind numbing repetitive boredom I started checking out reviews from sources I trusted to see if the game improved as it progressed and what I found only confirmed my fears.

So, yes, I'm glad I didn't buy this game. Luckily for me I had a friend who let me have a good long play of the game so I could see for myself if I wanted to spend the money on it. It failed to impress me completely. That WAB video I linked is pretty much what I thought of the game after trying it out for myself, but he just does it in such an amusing way I thought some of the forum goers here might enjoy it.

But thanks for the personal attack, the assumption that I'm a "kid" and your recommendation that I move on to another game. 1 out of 3 is better than none I suppose.
    AlomarJeffSpicolialivenZalgotas
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    It was hard to be hyped about Destiny 2 after my lackluster experience in the first title. /Shrug

Its just not worth the asking price on today's market, imo.
    JeffSpicoli

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    I hear Destiny 1.5 is a lot of fun, I'm not sure what this Destiny 2 is your all talking about.
    JeffSpicoli
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red

Did I say I had never played it? No, I said I didn't buy it. That doesn't mean that I don't have access to a friend's copy which he kindly allowed me to play through before I made a decision on whether or not I would buy my own copy. After several hours of mind numbing repetitive boredom I started checking out reviews from sources I trusted to see if the game improved as it progressed and what I found only confirmed my fears.

So, yes, I'm glad I didn't buy this game. Luckily for me I had a friend who let me have a good long play of the game so I could see for myself if I wanted to spend the money on it. It failed to impress me completely. That WAB video I linked is pretty much what I thought of the game after trying it out for myself, but he just does it in such an amusing way I thought some of the forum goers here might enjoy it.

But thanks for the personal attack, the assumption that I'm a "kid" and your recommendation that I move on to another game. 1 out of 3 is better than none I suppose.
    Yeah ok you get called and claim "your friend" let you play.  I'll give you 2 out of 10 on your desperate backtrack.  
    VoidfarerJeffSpicoliAlomarunfilteredJWalivenQSatuZalgotas
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

Yeah ok you get called and claim "your friend" let you play.  I'll give you 2 out of 10 on your desperate backtrack.  
    Dude try decaf

StjerneoddAlomaralivenZalgotas
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

If you look at my post history you'll also see that I played the beta weekend and posted on here after that event, when I voiced my concerns about content. After that beta weekend I certainly wasn't going to pay the asking price for a game I already had doubts about. You're damned right I sought out a copy I could review before I made that decision.

By your response I'd hazard a guess that your a fan. Good for you. I don't particularly care if you believe me or not. I don't care if you agree with me or not. I'm entitled to my opinion and to voice it, just as you are. But I'll do it without attacking anyone for their differing opinions. You might consider showing the same courtesy.
    JeffSpicoliZalgotasChaserz
  • JRonnie1976JRonnie1976 Member UncommonPosts: 20
    I'd like to thank all the naysayers who significantly lowered my expectations for this game going in. Made it a pleasant surprise when I found that I fully enjoy playing the game. But then I'm a filthy casual these days, and I can see why hard core players who burn through content would be disappointed.

For those who are on the fence, aren't hardcore players and haven't played Destiny 1, I'd fully recommend this game. Maybe look up some youtube videos to brush up on what happened in Destiny 1 though.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    You all are killing me. I like it.
    jgDuffayJeffSpicoli[Deleted User][Deleted User]JRonnie1976Octagon7711Zalgotas

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    You all are killing me. I like it.
    NO!  YOU CANNOT ENJOY IT!  IT IS FORBODEN.

thunderC said:

Dude try decaf

Congrats bud you have officially spent more time crying about a video game in a forum than you have playing the game.  
  • alivenaliven Member UncommonPosts: 346
    I love it. On of the best shooting mechanics i have ever witnessed empirical wise. Everything is smooth and run great on old PC.

Havent this much fun shooting since forever :)
    [Deleted User]Xxxusernametakenxxx[Deleted User]Octagon7711
  • Jamez4repsJamez4reps Member UncommonPosts: 1
    I love Destiny 2 as a game (I never played the first one). Sadly, the game is mostly dead. Lots of players running around on Earth, but once you leave Earth the game is basically dead, so the public events that popup are basically pointless. Stay away from this game if you expect to group up with people past Earth.
  • AgnharAgnhar Member UncommonPosts: 108
    I personally give it 6.8 its an ok game, left a lot to be desired for, too many stops telling you to wait before you can progress and the devs add content in drops to make the game last longer. I'm done after just a few weeks.
    d_20
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,455
    I've already stopped playing and gone back to Warframe. The shooting in Destiny 2 is really good but it falls short in almost every other category when comparing it to Warframe.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited November 2017
    Campaign = 6.5
    Gunplay = 8
    Rest of the game/systems = 2
    Post edited by d_20 on
    weky

• koljanekoljane Member UncommonPosts: 171
    D2 is just ok game and you can give the game 8.5 for just shooting. Overall it is 6.5 at best. But Spin Doctors are paying a lot of money to make fake ratings just so they sell an extra copy. On the other hand Warframe will get more players cause now everyone compare this 2 games and Warframe defo deserve 8.5. Whole review was well paid or the writer is just a fan boy (or both).
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 691
    The game has ZERO content, how can you give a 8.5 ??

• alivenaliven Member UncommonPosts: 346
    koljane said:
    D2 is just ok game and you can give the game 8.5 for just shooting. Overall it is 6.5 at best. But Spin Doctors are paying a lot of money to make fake ratings just so they sell an extra copy. On the other hand Warframe will get more players cause now everyone compare this 2 games and Warframe defo deserve 8.5. Whole review was well paid or the writer is just a fan boy (or both).
    I wish i get payed by Activision or Bungie for my comment... :(
    koljane said:
    Says the Warframe fanboy.  See how that works?
    LeFantome said:
    The game has ZERO content, how can you give a 8.5 ??
    No content?  

Hmm that's weird I will just list some of the content.

Campaign 
    Daily quest
    Weekly objectives
    Multiple skill trees
    Secret areas
    different planets maps
    Each with it's own quest after the campaign
    Reputation grinds
    Strikes
    A raid
    PVP

Now a lot of the people who are crying especially on bnet have over 100 hours of gameplay.  Sorry 100 hours does not equal no content.  But hey I'm just pointing out the facts.  

The game is not perfect I think an 8 or 8.5 is a pretty good score. Nothing wrong with stating you don't like the game but to claim there is no content is just a lie. 
    alivenBillMurphy
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    It will be on sale for half price on Black Friday or Cyber Monday, might be worth picking up then.
    Phry
  • kgsavatarkgsavatar Member UncommonPosts: 20
    I like Destiny 2 on the PC. I don't have a console so it was good to see it on the PC platform.

The main problem I have with Destiny 2 is its lack of a in game global chat and/or lack of being able to whisper someone who is not on your friends list. For someone like me, who basically plays Destiny 2 solo and I don't really have any friends that play it, it makes it hard to continue into the deeper content as a solo player. I do believe there are probably more people out there like me, on the PC, who picked up Destiny 2 and don't really know anyone else that plays it. So we are stuck basically doing world events and that's pretty much it.

I think this might be killing the game on PC. I wish they had made an exception for the PC version to have more open communication with other people who are not on your friends list.
    PhryOctagon7711
  • cerveaucerveau Member UncommonPosts: 6
    You've just been halo'd.......
    Boring as Hell...The sellouts/youtubers are rating this game as good when it just isnt.