Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally got a house in ffxiv!

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
Got it yesterday, saw someone in the novice chat saying there is a plot free!!! Its not much yet.

Outside:

Inside:

Avarix[Deleted User]Octagon7711YaevinduskJeffSpicoli

Comments

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Damn, that's a sweet looking setup.
    Dragnelus[Deleted User]Octagon7711
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    I love it  congratulations.
    KyleranDragnelusOctagon7711

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Forgrimm said:
    Damn, that's a sweet looking setup.
    kitarad said:
    I love it  congratulations.
    Thnx! Couldnt help myself buying the christmas tree/gift boxes from the mogstation. For that christmas feeling :blush: 

It almost gives me the feeling, to login with christmas, go afk and let her sit on the chair enjoying christmas with hot choco. :open_mouth: :worried:
    [Deleted User]

• starstorm777starstorm777 Member UncommonPosts: 114
    edited July 2018
    grats 2 u :) I just joined the game again after being gone a long time, I don't have the latest expansion yet but will get it soon. I wish to have a house this time around also. Happy decorating. It looks luhly! <3
    Post edited by Meddle on
    Dragnelus
    edited July 2018
    grats 2 u :) I just joined the game again after being gone a long time, I don't have the latest expansion yet but will get it soon. I wish to have a house this time around also. Happy decorating. It looks luhly! <3
    Thnx! Houses are kept for 45 days of inactivity. After that it gets demolish. 

Demolitions happen on the hour, every hour and they're ongoing. (check it every hour)

Never expected it to be so social, neighbours are saying hello. I see alot of ppl at peak times infront of my house for small talks (marketboard is infront) :P 

Post edited by Meddle on

Soo happy with it!!

Discovered you can pot seeds, which can grow into nice flowers!!! I tried red roses:

Yesterday

Today:

(I will screenshot when they are beautiful roses)

In the garden I also tried some seeds:

Also placed a dining table.

And stabled my chocobo:

starstorm777

• ByrgenarHofenByrgenarHofen Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Looking good, congrats!
    Dragnelus
    Seeds became fine roses!

Harvest and putted in a vase:

ByrgenarHofenJeffSpicoli

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Looks great, congrats 
    Dragnelus

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Just a tip I found out by visiting reddit ffxiv:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/7c9e6o/indoor_loft_tutorial_including_floating_furniture/

You can make an indoor loft:

I'm too poor to try it out myself (riviera wall shelf cost 70k on the server) used alot gil for decoration. So I need to wait a bit.

ByrgenarHofen[Deleted User]JeffSpicoli

Lvled carpenter and build my own stairs!!

ByrgenarHofenJeffSpicoli

whahaha, saw some ppl infront of the marketboard invted them into my house. We had some fun!

ByrgenarHofen

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Really nice setup.  Almost makes me want to play again.
    DragnelusJeffSpicoli

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    grtz
    Dragnelus

I self identify as a monkey.

Lost all my stuff and house, cause of the demolition a few months ago logged in a few days ago for the first time again and found a new plot!

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Congrats, but how do you get through the doors with that hat on? :)
    Scot said:
    Congrats, but how do you get through the doors with that hat on? :)
    Magic hat trick  :#  :D
    Scot

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited July 2018
    This is still a dumb system on the dev team's part. Housing wouldn't have been an issue if individual housing was instanced and just made the outdoor plots available to guilds only with a minimum number of unique characters that have logged in within the week/month. But nope "we'll just add more plots and this time around prioritize guilds on the new plots added" The lack of the team's forethought should be very concerning since they only develop stuff as they go without any means of building upon or cohesion with the rest of the game/even same expansion. They've admitted that eureka/ultimate are just content designed to help pass time to the next patch.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited July 2018
    Dragnelus said:
    Lost all my stuff and house, cause of the demolition a few months ago logged in a few days ago for the first time again and found a new plot!

That must have been heartbreaking to lose the stuff and house to demolition. Did the game demolish it ?

The amount of time, sweat and effort I put into my houses in both Vanguard and Everquest 2 makes me commiserate with your loss.

I did not play Wild* long enough to get attached to my house there but it had some really neat stuff too.
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    Dragnelus said:

That must have been heartbreaking to lose the stuff and house to demolition. Did the game demolish it ?

The amount of time, sweat and effort I put into my houses in both Vanguard and Everquest 2 makes me commiserate with your loss.

I did not play Wild* long enough to get attached to my house there but it had some really neat stuff too.
    Timer starts after you haven't been in your house for 30 days (I think). Its really just a way to keep people subbed just to keep their houses, which is why I never bothered in the first place. Apartments are permanent which is good, even though they are small.
    cheyane said:
    Dragnelus said:

Yeh it was. But on the bright side I got a plot in shirigone on the beach. All my stuff gone they kept it safe for a month but didnt had time etc. I hope stuff I bought on the cash shop is somewhere  :s

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Albatroes said:
    cheyane said:
    Dragnelus said:

Timer starts after you haven't been in your house for 30 days (I think). Its really just a way to keep people subbed just to keep their houses, which is why I never bothered in the first place. Apartments are permanent which is good, even though they are small.
    That's brutal.
    Chamber of Chains
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    The houses are in the world you play in then, not in their own instance? Both systems have their merits, in the same instance as the game world is better but causes issues. You have to have some system for players who are no longer paying for the house, whatever is chosen will never seem fair.
    Scot said:
    The houses are in the world you play in then, not in their own instance? Both systems have their merits, in the same instance as the game world is better but causes issues. You have to have some system for players who are no longer paying for the house, whatever is chosen will never seem fair.
    Every world has a housing system with I think 32 instances. And every instances has around 30 houses for sale.

edited July 2018
    Dragnelus said:
    Scot said:
    Every world has a housing system with I think 32 instances. And every instances has around 30 houses for sale.
    Lets not forget that they lacked the forethought to allow one house per server at the very least, so you ended up having people with multiple houses on the same server to either hoard or flip. Its only 4 years in that they are trying to address the issue but it does nothing to the other people that still have multiple alts with multiple houses. I'm not trying to be a downer since I do think they develop challenging and interesting content, not to mention they are pulling from the entire FF universe in terms of raiding (which has me a bit excited for the 3 bosses in 4.4 raid, I doubt they'll do a 5 boss tier and the final boss is usually the starter of the whole thing, bahamut/alexander/so omega will be the final boss of this tier without a doubt). Its just forethought. They're honestly just making content for the sake of making it. I mean old raids are pointless to do period because you can buy the vanity off the AH or just run higher tiers of potd for it PLUS they are dyeable. So the only purpose is for weapons from certain fights (I dont think they added the weapons into potd higher tiers). Just shyting all over their content which makes me made even if they aren't. It is still funny though that a majority of the player base cant clear most 2.X extreme primals sync'd or even coil sync.
    Scot