Watched the twitch stream yesterday.. Finally some information on the incoming server merges for those that care.
This whole experience is called "United Forces Update" and it seems to be happening in phases. From the website:
Today, we’re excited to announce the United Forces update coming November 8, 2017. This new update will add a lot of value to all the gameplay systems that contribute to great multiplayer experiences. The primary benefit of this update is that it will be easier for you to join or reconnect with friends, discover new guilds and jump into multiplayer battles. To deliver these benefits together in one update we will connect multiple servers in each region together, uniting players across the galaxy. By joining servers as United Forces, grouping becomes easy and queues for your favorite Flashpoints, Uprisings, Missions, Warzones, Arenas, Galactic Starfighter, and Operations should be much faster.
The United Forces update expands your connection to a galactic-sized community of players. We will be integrating our existing seventeen servers to five new servers, one for each existing region and language. Our goal is to make this experience as simple and rewarding as possible.
When United Forces goes live, we will be offering new rewards for reconnecting with friends and guildmates in Star Wars: The Old Republic. Log in and play between November 8 – November 27, 2017 to get new rewards*:
- Simply log in to play to get the new Mini Mogul NM-1 Mini-Pet, inspired by one of our classic Operation bosses, Karagga the Unyielding.
- Earn the merciless Darth Hexid Companion when you complete three PvE or three PvP missions through Group Finder by the November 27th deadline!
- Plus, unlock the new ‘United Forces Group Recon’ achievement when you complete three PvE Group Finder activities and get the new ‘United Forces Warzone Recon’ achievement when you complete three PvP matches through Group Finder!
- Finally, once United Forces goes live, get double rewards: Double XP, Double Command XP, and much more through November 14!
- NOTE: All achievements are unlocked in-game as earned. The Mini Mogul Mini-Pet and Darth Hexid Companion are delivered via in-game mail on November 28, 2017.
Here are the server changes:
- Premium players (Subscribers) will have priority over Free-to-Play and Preferred Status players.
- Highly played characters will have priority over characters with less play time.
SWTOR this is the second server merge..We all know this is happening because the number of people playing is getting smaller and smaller every month especially with no new content on the rise..I may be in the minority here but I really enjoyed my time with SWTOR I was a beta tester and I still have my sub on even though I only play when its an big update, I still want to support them in hopes they can keep making story content..that's why I play.
I really hate how they are dressing up server merges as "Content" but I do think its going to help the game if people can play on actual populated servers. That makes any game feel more alive, especially dead servers.
Going to be interesting to see how this affects the different communities such as RP, PVP etc.. I did hear Musco say in the twitch stream that they are currently working on something specific for Roleplayers to have their own space but they don't have a ETA on it. He said a RP instance is more than likely going to happen at some point soon after the UF update.
"Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."
"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."
Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear.