Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Microsoft Mixed Reality

SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
edited November 2017 in General Gaming
http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/140904-acer-windows-mixed-reality-review-good-enough-to-bring-vr-to-the-masses

I miss our old VR/AR debates.

From the article it sounds like it is as was predicted. Meaning you get what you pay for, not that this is a bad thing but it was not the second coming of jesus

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

francis_baud

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    edited November 2017
    Personally, I am more excited about AR. I think VR could be a cool trick, but the hardware begins to make the gameplay experience more of an event. You would always need to setup to start playing. If I had many computers which I actually do then its not that big of a deal, but for the common PC user, clearing a space and setting up hardware may take the joy out of playing.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    The microsoft "backed" devices are all made by different manufacturers, all with different designs, but all with "minimum requirements".   All in all it will lower costs for the buy in to MR.. but it isn't going to be on par with the higher end MR devices that were expected, but did not release this year.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    The microsoft "backed" devices are all made by different manufacturers, all with different designs, but all with "minimum requirements".   All in all it will lower costs for the buy in to MR.. but it isn't going to be on par with the higher end MR devices that were expected, but did not release this year.

Last years I suggested to people that although this MS headset would in fact be cheaper I predicted that it would not be as good as the more expensive models.

Many appear to have disagreed with me.

DMKano said:
    SEANMCAD said:

Last years I suggested to people that although this MS headset would in fact be cheaper I predicted that it would not be as good as the more expensive models.

I honestly dont remember, i think the real issue here is that VR displays are a complete dud, and people just dont care about it so much
    actually that is not the issue,discussion, sub-discussion or the OP.

• WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 451
    Its all a cheezy gimick anyway. 99% of the games for VR look like crap and seem verry kiddie/childishly simple. Then you have a decent looking game like Eve Valkyre that would jave beem better off not being a VR exclusive.

VR in all forms is garbage.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    SEANMCAD said:

Seeing as how Acer and Dell I believe are the only ones releasing sets this year, they aren't going to be the best sets, but they do range in price.  The Acer set was never meant to be high end, but, it isn't low end either, none of the microsoft sets will be "low end" so much as the minimum requirements have to be met. 

SEANMCAD said:

Seeing as how Acer and Dell I believe are the only ones releasing sets this year, they aren't going to be the best sets, but they do range in price.  The Acer set was never meant to be high end, but, it isn't low end either, none of the microsoft sets will be "low end" so much as the minimum requirements have to be met. 
    just in case you missed what I said. Last years I suggested to people that although this MS headset would in fact be cheaper I predicted that it would not be as good as the more expensive models. Many appear to have disagreed with me. Read more at http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/469474/microsoft-mixed-reality#OjFTrKDrB0vmZTKL.99