Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bluehole announces Project W : A:IR "Ascent: Infinite Realm"

KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
edited November 2017 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
Bluehole press conference is going on right now. If you want to watch you can at : 

https://www.facebook.com/invennews/

Bluehole announced today they are making a new AAA MMO called AIR : Ascent Infinite Realm.

This mmo is being made by Hyung-Jun Kim (creator of Aion) and the old Aion team. They left NCsoft and moved to BHS. (No word if NCsoft will sue again...lol j/k)

AIR is a sort of like Aion . It will be a PVPVE, Realm vs Realm game, and Guild vs Guild. But it will be open world. The theme will be Steampunk, with Airships, mecha, guns. That go with Magic, dragons, flying wings, Fantasy. 

The story is similar to Aion as well. Planet is destroyed and people survive now in floating cities in the skies. Players will enter AIR seeking to conquer the skies and whatever is left of the land for survival. 

Types of PVP

There will be Ground PVP

There will be Air PVP 

This all happens in real time, and in the real world. 

Open World Housing, Farming, and building

Just like in Archeage, Air will feature open world building. 

The conference is going on right now, will post more info as it comes along. 

This is a PC MMO that will receive a world wide release. Kakao will release Air in the west. 
Post edited by Kumapon on
bcbullyMikeha

Comments

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    More pics

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited November 2017
    Maybe just like Archeage, it'll be completely amazing in alpha and we know what the end result was. Hype is great and all but it honestly means less and less as time goes on until something officially launches. Too many games haven't lived up to their hype in gaming in general or were plagued by greed even if the core game was good. Soon, we're gonna have to applaud games for not having loot boxes since they seem to be in almost everything now.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    PvP PvP PvP PvP and PvP I might just come out of retirement. 

Idk though lifes pretty good playing an Esport. No of that pride and honor stuff ;)

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    As an eastern mmo fan I cant wait to see more.

Finally a AAA PVP mmo.

ConstantineMerus
    edited November 2017
    Bluehole just showed their PR video. It's up on facebook, will change it to youtube when it gets posted. 

Post edited by Kumapon on
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    edited November 2017
    I always wanted to play a good Steam Punk Game. Too many go way too dark and don't get the architecture right. I think Bluehole captured the graphics right for this title.
    I have never played Archeage, but I remember that most of the issues it had in the west were from it's western publisher trying to change the game into EQ. I don't think they will be using a 3rd party publisher.

Still I have been a bit out of it on MMOs for the last several years. I will wait for release before judging the title as I probably won't even notice the hype.
    Gdemami
    edited November 2017
    DMKano said:
    Mikeha said:

Finally a AAA PVP mmo.

Finally?

ArcheAge, Aion, BDO..... to name a few

LOL dude, 

BDO and ArcheAGE are not pvp mmos. Aion was when it launched but it got watered down. A pvp mmo is something like Lineage 2. 

DMKano said:
    Mikeha said:
    DMKano said:
    Mikeha said:

Finally a AAA PVP mmo.

Finally?

LOL dude, 

BDO and ArcheAGE are not pvp mmos. Aion was when it launched but it got watered down. A pvp mmo is something like Lineage 2. 

So a game where you can kill another player without consent is not a PvP MMO? 

Umm....

what?

Just because you can kill another player does not make a mmo a pvp mmo.  

But to each their own. Maybe ArcheAge and BDO are what a pvp mmo is to you but not me. 

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404
    DMKano said:
    Kumapon said:
    Bluehole just showed their PR video. It's up on facebook, will change it to youtube when it gets posted. 

https://www.facebook.com/invennews/videos/1503338206408894/

Hmm way too many guns for my taste, I mean a blunderbuss here and there sure - but this??? Come on.

Full blown mechs with gatling guns - ugh. Haven't they gotten the memo on what happened to Black Gold Online?

The game would be 100x better if they just toned down all the guns and toned down the steampunk.

Such wasted potential - hello devs more fantasy, less steampunk - learn from Black Gold Online - western playerbase majority don't want that poop, we're all about fantasy here, not so much steampunk.

The open world housing looks great, the farming - man when I saw being able to plant a whole section instead of individual plants - YES PLEASE

The graphics look like a step backwards for some reason - not nowhere as nice as BDO, the character models are not as detailed - the pop in is still there though so seems like they're using the same engine, but with scaled down graphics. 

I like how they flat out stole Aion's flying rings, and wing animations lol - oh well, it's many of the same devs probably they just move from one studio to another.

Black Gold Online failed because it played liked garbage not due to the setting, it was made really effing cheap and it showed in the combat, UI etc etc. I am not so much into PVP but this game looks like it has much more features etc etc it will come down to how it feels when you play, We certainly do not need another BDO.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    DMKano said:
    Kumapon said:

https://www.facebook.com/invennews/videos/1503338206408894/

Hmm way too many guns for my taste, I mean a blunderbuss here and there sure - but this??? Come on.

Full blown mechs with gatling guns - ugh. Haven't they gotten the memo on what happened to Black Gold Online?

The game would be 100x better if they just toned down all the guns and toned down the steampunk.

Such wasted potential - hello devs more fantasy, less steampunk - learn from Black Gold Online - western playerbase majority don't want that poop, we're all about fantasy here, not so much steampunk.

The open world housing looks great, the farming - man when I saw being able to plant a whole section instead of individual plants - YES PLEASE

The graphics look like a step backwards for some reason - not nowhere as nice as BDO, the character models are not as detailed - the pop in is still there though so seems like they're using the same engine, but with scaled down graphics. 

I like how they flat out stole Aion's flying rings, and wing animations lol - oh well, it's many of the same devs probably they just move from one studio to another.

Everywhere you turn there's steampunk, dieselpunk, all kinds of punk games just positively saturating the market, especially MMOs. I really wish a developer would take a chance and give us a traditional high fantasy game with elves and dragons and orcs. Looking at what's available today, you'd think the stories of Tolkien or stuff like Dungeons & Dragons never existed...

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

edited November 2017
    DMKano said:
    Mikeha said:
    DMKano said:
    Mikeha said:
    DMKano said:
    Mikeha said:

Finally a AAA PVP mmo.

Finally?

LOL dude, 

Umm....

what?

But to each their own. Maybe ArcheAge and BDO are what a pvp mmo is to you but not me. 

But that's not what you said - you said finally a "AAA PVP" MMO - which would mean that so far there hasn't been any. 

It's a general statement about the state of all AAA PVP MMOs, how could anyone reading that figure out that you're really talking about a personal idea of what constitutes a PvP MMO for you?

/SMH

Come on dude, 

Common sense has to kick in at some point. 

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    IDK why but this one smell bad . Nothing new .
    It will worth few months gaming , but it may not be the type that make people willing to log in at the end of day .
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited November 2017
    I'm worried that this game could have the same awful combat from Tera since it's the same developer. I hope they learned to do action combat from the other games that did it right after them. I wouldn't even mind if they shamelessly rip off BDO's combat. As long as they don't bring Tera all over again.
    Gdemami

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    DMKano said:
    Mikeha said:
    DMKano said:
    Mikeha said:
    DMKano said:
    Mikeha said:

Finally a AAA PVP mmo.

Finally?

LOL dude, 

Umm....

what?

But that's not what you said - you said finally a "AAA PVP" MMO - which would mean that so far there hasn't been any. 

It's a general statement about the state of all AAA PVP MMOs, how could anyone reading that figure out that you're really talking about a personal idea of what constitutes a PvP MMO for you?

Maybe he meant finally a "good" one. Because Archeage, and BDO got f#$%'ed up trying to cater towards carebears while pouring P2W juice all over what was left.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    Let's get on the HYPE train, not! Same old stuff in a pretty package.
    iixviiiix

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

The Korean website is now up
    https://air.bluehole.net/main.do

The game will use the Holy Trinity, with 5 classes announced so far, Assassin, Mystic, Gunner, Warlord, and Sorceress.

Closed beta 1 will start December 13th. Sign ups start November 13th ~ December 10th. Looks like for Koreans only. 
    DMKano said:
    Tokken said:
    Let's get on the HYPE train, not! Same old stuff in a pretty package.

IMO not all that pretty, I'd expect them to match BDO at least - they didn't, sort of looks like AIon meets Riders of Icarus meets Skyforge. The airship battles looked like Cloud Pirates

That Aion vibe is from Hyung-Jun Kim. He is the creator of Aion, and is the lead of this project. 

Been reading some of the story and even that sounds like Aion. Planet is destoryed and 2 factions on each side, the middle kinda like a neutral zone where there is unexplored wealth and riches. 
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Mikeha said:
    DMKano said:
    Mikeha said:
    DMKano said:
    Mikeha said:
    DMKano said:
    Mikeha said:

Finally a AAA PVP mmo.

Finally?

LOL dude, 

Umm....

what?

/SMH

Come on dude, 

Common sense has to kick in at some point. 

Your sig, Wushu 2. The music, I got straight emotional, I had to hold back the flood of memories. 

We'll see how this goes, but I know what I'm waiting for.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    I'm worried that this game could have the same awful combat from Tera since it's the same developer. I hope they learned to do action combat from the other games that did it right after them. I wouldn't even mind if they shamelessly rip off BDO's combat. As long as they don't bring Tera all over again.
    I liked Tera's combat.   Slow enough that it felt RPG like, fast enough that it felt good to actually dodge/fight/whatever.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

edited November 2017
    More info from Bluehole

According to the Korean site the world of A:IR is called "하스". Translated in English would mean Harth. 

According to the Lore : 

"The home of all life that existed, and the place where humanity lived. However, Harth was destroyed by the desire of human beings—and those who survived the great catastrophe moved to the islands floating on Harth."

I don't know if this will be the official translation. Will have to wait on Kakao on an official English translation. 
    edited November 2017
    World Map

More detailed World Map

As you can see, the world is a bunch of small continents and small islands floating in the sky.