Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch Day is Coming!

SarreneSarrene Member UncommonPosts: 38

So, it’s finally here, we have put together the patch and prepared everything to go live in the stand alone client and in Steam.  We have done a lot of primary testing and everything seems to be going well.

When:
It will be here on Wednesday, 8th November. Servers will be brought down at 10am EST, 3pm GMT. Expected downtime is approximately 7 hours. Announcements will be made on the Forums, Discord and Steam when the servers are once again available for play.

Returning Players:
If you are a returning player, please do not create a new account. Your account information has not changed. If you cannot remember your account information please  feel free to contact support. This applies to both this site,The Repopulation and your game account.

In some cases there were duplicate accounts on the old Repop site. These have all been transferred over. If you are one that has a duplicated account, please put in a ticket at support to have those merged into one.

What has been done:
This is entirely ABT’s patch 10.1, a few hotfixes have been done to live previously which will also still be present in this patch.  We also expect to do a few more hotfixes, so check the section below, “ Things to watch out for.”

The 10.1 Patch Notes can be found  here: https://therepopulation.com/forums/repopulation/build-notes/15-10-1-build-notes-10967

They will also be available on the site the morning of the patch.

Difficulties:

• The engineers had a large number of issues which we have mentioned in previous posts; including cache size, much older HE version from 2014, redundant files being included in the old cache, old HE compatibility issues with the current versions Build system, and so forth. This was by far, the majority of time consumption with this patch.

• Our first tests with the installer had a few issues with not including the correct prerequisites and requiring the players to download other software (VC2013), this should all now be included within a fresh install.

• The steam launcher gave a small hurdle and took up some time, but now it should work correctly. Please note there is one issue which is still present from previous versions: If you click reinstall cache when the game is already “Ready to play” it tries to use a file which is already in use, relaunch the game from Steam and you should be fine (we will fix this in the future.)

Things to watch out for:

• Make sure the Nation window works, in the development server we don’t have an extensive number of nations, but this system is currently far more demanding than it should be.

• Let us know if any quests seem to be fully exploitable to the point of breaking things, please be aware that a number of quests are going to be redone in the future.

• There are some changes in 10.1 patch notes which were actually disabled and should be present in 10.2.

Thank all you to everyone that has helped test during this process, now it’s up to everyone else to help test and move this Alpha forward as we work on the next patch A01, which includes 10.2. More details for this will be coming up in the future.

Feel free to visit the official forums and join in on the discussion about  the patch here:  https://therepopulation.com/forums/repopulation/news-and-announcements/patch-day-is-coming-13178

Viper482

Comments

• SarreneSarrene Member UncommonPosts: 38
    edited November 2017
    [mod edit]

On topic: Looking forward to the update. We should be having some more information coming out as well regarding updates after the 10.2.

One question I have seen on Steam, Discord and Repop's official forums is "Will this include a character wipe?"
    The answer to that is no, not this one. We are looking at the wipe occurring for the 10.2 (first Condorslug and last ABT update).

Please feel free to visit our forums  and let us know of any questions you might have regarding the update next week! :D

Sarrene'
    Post edited by Vaross on
  • HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708
    edited November 2017
    Sarrene said:
    [mod edit]

On topic: Looking forward to the update. We should be having some more information coming out as well regarding updates after the 10.2.

One question I have seen on Steam, Discord and Repop's official forums is "Will this include a character wipe?"
    The answer to that is no, not this one. We are looking at the wipe occurring for the 10.2 (first Condorslug and last ABT update).

Please feel free to visit our forums  and let us know of any questions you might have regarding the update next week! :D

Sarrene'
    [mod edit]

On topic: so for the patch after the upcoming "10.1", it will include both ABT's 10.2 and some additional IFS sauce, correct?

Also curious to know the answer to this one: http://steamcommunity.com/app/322300/discussions/0/1479857071253138780/#c1479857071258763401
    Post edited by Vaross on
  • GMRaynieGMRaynie Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Tomorrow YAY!
    SGM-Snafu
    GMRaynie said:
    Tomorrow YAY!
    So many threads, so little time! :expressionless:
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited November 2017
    Sarrene said: 
    [mod edit]

Sarrene'
    Just between you and me, unless he killed someone there's no way he should have got a permanent ban.

Heck, make it for a year or something....

It's why I never post on official forums, I wouldn't last a month.  ;)

Anyways, congrats on rolling forward, keeping my eye on this title, just waiting for launch and all that. 

Post edited by Vaross on
    Viper482

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Sarrene said: 
    HolyAvenger1, Please do not hijack this thread. It is about the patch coming on the 8th. And as far as bans go, you are the only one to date that has been banned. I am sorry you are upset about this, but posting on all venues you are able to does not help anyone.

Sarrene'
    Just between you and me, unless he killed someone there's no way he should have got a permanent ban.

Anyways, congrats on rolling forward, keeping my eye on this title, just waiting for launch and all that. 

Worse than that is the reason for that ban. I was being negative because I stopped believing in their ability to deliver. They started deleting my negative posts and kept wanting to discuss issues in private. I refused, so they permanently banned me. 

Goes to tell you the kind of people in charge there, now. 
    That is an interesting take on how you are portraying it. Though sadly that is not what happened at all. We did lock some posts though.

Anyways, Creating new accounts to get around a temp or permanent ban does not help your case either. Including your new ones that you just recently created  to get around. Those last ones  are still up and have not been banned yet.

However, I am asking that you please stop with the "They ban everyone" talk and just  drop it, as you have been the only one banned anywhere. And you had a total of 9 official warnings. 3 on each platform, and you worked your way through those over four days at the end.

Now, regarding negative talk, we do not mind questions and even criticism. We have a  few that are still very skeptical, and even got upset we chose not to answer some questions. They said their thoughts despite them being negative towards us, then dropped it. That is honourable to me.

Those people  were not banned, silenced, posts deleted or anything else. I am sure anyone could search the official forums. No one ever agrees all the time, and given what was said in the past and most not knowing the whole story, it is totally understandable. We do not penalize anyone for having doubts, questions or even criticisms. 

We do however, give warnings, temp bans and then permanent ones when complaints start coming in from other players, and one starts harassing and PM'ing and generally being mean  just  for spite.

Please take a lesson from the three or four that do not like me but have acted honourable. I respect them for their voicing of options and thoughts then letting it drop when they were finished. That is why they are still welcome on our forums, discord and everywhere else.

I am done on that topic now.

Now fun news, Yes there is a delay.. Players are getting a new upgraded Database! YAY!

Peace,
    Sarrene'
    KyleranHolyAvengerOne
  • Ozu408Ozu408 Member CommonPosts: 2
    I remember this holy guy saying he and I quote " I'm done with game." Doesn't look like it.
    HolyAvengerOne
    Sarrene said: 
    That is an interesting take on how you are portraying it. Though sadly that is not what happened at all. We did lock some posts though.

Anyways, Creating new accounts to get around a temp or permanent ban does not help your case either. Including your new ones that you just recently created  to get around. Those last ones  are still up and have not been banned yet.

However, I am asking that you please stop with the "They ban everyone" talk and just  drop it, as you have been the only one banned anywhere. And you had a total of 9 official warnings. 3 on each platform, and you worked your way through those over four days at the end.

Now, regarding negative talk, we do not mind questions and even criticism. We have a  few that are still very skeptical, and even got upset we chose not to answer some questions. They said their thoughts despite them being negative towards us, then dropped it. That is honourable to me.

Those people  were not banned, silenced, posts deleted or anything else. I am sure anyone could search the official forums. No one ever agrees all the time, and given what was said in the past and most not knowing the whole story, it is totally understandable. We do not penalize anyone for having doubts, questions or even criticisms. 

We do however, give warnings, temp bans and then permanent ones when complaints start coming in from other players, and one starts harassing and PM'ing and generally being mean  just  for spite.

Please take a lesson from the three or four that do not like me but have acted honourable. I respect them for their voicing of options and thoughts then letting it drop when they were finished. That is why they are still welcome on our forums, discord and everywhere else.

Now fun news, Yes there is a delay.. Players are getting a new upgraded Database! YAY!

Peace,
    Sarrene'
    Data base upgrades are not something normally decided at the last minute, what prompted such a late change in plans?

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited November 2017
    [mod edit]
    Ozu408 said:
    I remember this holy guy saying he and I quote " I'm done with game." Doesn't look like it.
    Yeah, I might have said that while being frustrated, as I was truly done with you guys (more than with the game, tbh) for some time, however it seems like it wasn't a "permaban" ;)

Contrary to IF Studios, I am able to re-evaluate things and take different decisions because my ego doesn't constantly get in the way of my thought process.

Luckily, I'm also not a bitter veteran who wish I hadn't wasted my health playing toy soldier in someone else's economic wars on foreign soil. That really would have messed up things for me.
    Post edited by Vaross on
    Kyleran said:
    ... <snip> ...

Peace,
    Sarrene'
    Data base upgrades are not something normally decided at the last minute, what prompted such a late change in plans?
    Very good question, and I agree with you 100% Kyleran,
    Though testing was done, we realized  during the push that to help mitigate some of the overhead. We did not plan on doing this until the next update, but realized this would need to be done now. As all things, sometimes you cannot prepare for everything. But we are working hard on it! :)
    Kyleran
    Sarrene said:

Peace,
    Sarrene'
    I didn't say that you ban everyone. I. Did. Not. Say. That. Stop lying.

I also did not send PMs to anyone about this, nor harassed anyone; the only PMs that were exchanged were PMs where a couple folks PM'd me to know why I was banned and I told them the truth: you don't like strongly opposed opinions.

You also have absolutely no proof of anything you're saying, and again, you've banned me for the sole reason of voicing dissenting opinion that you did not want discuss publicly. If not, bring proof. I know you won't because it doesn't exist.

Stop digging your hole with that bullshit, it really reflects poorly on you and your company.

Now if people were to search the forums, they wouldn't find those posts because you deleted them. They also would not find very many dissenting posts because your forums have been almost dead for the last couple of years. I'll give that to you though, yes, I was 

As for creating fake accounts after you perma-banned me, yes, for sure, why not? I mean, I already lost my account, so why not? You might notice that NONE of these accounts were actually made to troll, but they were only made to search the forums and have constructive posts. And because barely anyone posts on your forums anyways, that's almost a favor I made to you.

Finally, I have nothing against you personally Sarrene. Once again, your vision is skewed by some weird beliefs you have and you're making this personal again. For all that matters, I thought you were a cool and interesting, funny person, and rather witty when we had a chance to chat, back then. I don't believe you have what it takes to be a leader and a manager, and I also don't think communication is your strong suit, but hey. You can still choose to take it personally and see it all black and white if it suits your agenda.
    Sarrene said:
    Kyleran said:
    ... <snip> ...

Peace,
    Sarrene'
    Though testing was done, we realized  during the push that to help mitigate some of the overhead. We did not plan on doing this until the next update, but realized this would need to be done now. As all things, sometimes you cannot prepare for everything. But we are working hard on it! :)
    I'm gonna bet that this was because you did not test with a proper dataset before starting the patching process. This is just speculating, but it's possible because a) other veteran software developers have done that same mistake; b) you've clearly shown a lack of competence in developing software.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    Obviously the customer is not always right with these guys.....or even in the ballpark.

I hope your game developing skills are better than your customer service etiquette.

HolyAvengerOneKyleran
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
    Viper482 said:
    Obviously the customer is not always right with these guys.....or even in the ballpark.

I hope your game developing skills are better than your customer service etiquette.

Heh, we'll know that after tonight's patch :) Which is not even their patch, but still. After 9 months, if they manage to pull this one off, then they can call themselves "game developers".
    Sarrene said:
    Kyleran said:
    ... <snip> ...

Peace,
    Sarrene'
    I'm gonna bet that this was because you did not test with a proper dataset before starting the patching process. This is just speculating, but it's possible because a) other veteran software developers have done that same mistake; b) you've clearly shown a lack of competence in developing software.
    I'm starting to get the picture on why they might have banned you.

At the end of the day, their forums,  their rules.

The good news is you can post as much as you wish here, but my advice, let it go and move on. 

Viper482 said:

Customers are definitely not always right, nor entitled to everything they think they are.

Kyleran said:
    Sarrene said:
    Kyleran said:
    ... <snip> ...

Peace,
    Sarrene'

The good news is you can post as much as you wish here, but my advice, let it go and move on. 
    Don't get your timeline all screwed up here. What you're seeing here is my reaction **after** the ban and the bullshit they're pulling on me, not **before**. Big difference. When someone's doing derogatory things to you, do you always stay so nice and understanding? Well, I don't.

Also, why do you advise that? My purpose here is to : 1) give a chance to players to understand what kind of devs they are; 2) general popcorn valye; 3) see what happens with the game; I still love the concepts, idea and a lot of the art behind -- all things these devs led by Sarrene have nothing to do with.
    Kyleran said:
    Sarrene said:
    Kyleran said:
    ... <snip> ...

Peace,
    Sarrene'

Don't get your timeline all screwed up here. What you're seeing here is my reaction **after** the ban and the bullshit they're pulling on me, not **before**. Big difference. When someone's doing derogatory things to you, do you always stay so nice and understanding? Well, I don't.

Also, why do you advise that? My purpose here is to : 1) give a chance to players to understand what kind of devs they are; 2) general popcorn valye; 3) see what happens with the game; I still love the concepts, idea and a lot of the art behind -- all things these devs led by Sarrene have nothing to do with.
    We get crusaders here all the time, it's great this forum exists,  and if that's what floats your boat, go for it.

Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:
    Sarrene said:
    Kyleran said:
    ... <snip> ...

Peace,
    Sarrene'

We get crusaders here all the time, it's great this forum exists,  and if that's what floats your boat, go for it.
    True, there's a bit of that in there, but without the #2, and #3 (plus #4, admittedly, some scraps of burnt ego, I won't lie to you), I wouldn't stick around to do #1.

Take Ashes of Creation for instance. I thought, back during the KS, that there was a lot of bullshit and _shady_ things there. I made my point but didn't stick around because #2 and #3 weren't in play at all.
  • Idle_HandsIdle_Hands Member CommonPosts: 1

Luckily, I'm also not a bitter veteran who wish I hadn't wasted my health playing toy soldier in someone else's economic wars on foreign soil. That really would have messed up things for me.

It is so unfortunate that people like you are able to exist through the blood, sweat and tears of our brothers and sisters who have selflessly served.  I don’t care if you are from Canada, Russia, Ukraine or anywhere else.  Bottom line is that someone’s son or daughter died for the life you take for granted.  You sir, are the text book definition of narcissistic behaviour and I sincerely hope that you (and any loved ones that you still have left) are ok with the choices you have made (again, choices made possible by selfless contribution to a cause that is greater than yourself). Seek some help, professional help. I do hope that at some point in time you will be able to live with yourself and learn to accept that sometimes your opinions are just that, your own.  Learn to live with others differences and learn to live with the knowledge that there are some that are more receptive to your pedantic meanderings while there are also some that are not.  You are only denying yourself the opportunity to enrich through diversity and better yourself while allowing others to gain strength through your support.

I’ve only made this account today to respond to what I ‘think’ (my opinion) is a slanderous act towards any and all who have chosen a life of service over anything so trivial as self worth.  I sincerely apologize if I have come across as negative in anyway.

Sorry for the derailed thread, back on track -   Thank you IFS for taking the reins and helping to see ABT’s vision of this world forward.  I’m sure there will be many obstacles moving forward, but the shear determination and dedication to bringing this world back to us is sincerely appreciated.  Even without the benefit of monetary assistance you have continued to plod forward in the hopes that Rhyldan could come to fruition giving displaced gaming veterans somewhere to call home.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Ozu408 said:
    OK, this is obvious and makes you lose credibility.......
    New account, 1st post and it to say this?

Why didn't you flame him from your official account?
  • F2PlagueF2Plague Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Kyleran said:
    Sarrene said: 
    HolyAvenger1, Please do not hijack this thread. It is about the patch coming on the 8th. And as far as bans go, you are the only one to date that has been banned. I am sorry you are upset about this, but posting on all venues you are able to does not help anyone.

Sarrene'

Worse than that is the reason for that ban. I was being negative because I stopped believing in their ability to deliver. They started deleting my negative posts and kept wanting to discuss issues in private. I refused, so they permanently banned me. 

Goes to tell you the kind of people in charge there, now. 

Sooo.. you broke the forum rules acted like a complete jack ass and you are upset that they no longer allow you to post? The fact that they asked you to talk privately shows maturity and "customer service" skills. You on the other hand I don't know, everything you have posted just in this thread alone is wah wah focus on me. I get that you got feel you got "ripped off" many of us who have bought into early access games have gone through this exact same situation.

The way you are handling it is just kind of sad. When you buy into an early access game or donate using kick starter the risks are obvious. Early access all together in my opinion is a scam. I've been down that road too many times to think otherwise. So stop buying into it and hopefully this bs early access trend will die with the scummy game developers who profit from it.

It is so unfortunate that people like you are able to exist through the blood, sweat and tears of our brothers and sisters who have selflessly served. 

Dude, I say that about ALL veterans from ALL wars FOREVER. Calm the hell down. I also have people (i.e. both grand-fathers) who died during WWII. But yes, I do **believe** that SOME wars (not all of them, some) were bullshit wars for bullshit reasons. If you believe otherwise, I also believe you 're just brainwashed about it, wish I understand some are (sorry).

This guy, Ozu (a.ka. Tom, ex-producer from the original ABT team), from their staff, just came here to troll me, so yeah, I trolled him back, that's all. 
    F2Plague said:
    Sooo.. you broke the forum rules acted like a complete jack ass and you are upset that they no longer allow you to post? The fact that they asked you to talk privately shows maturity and "customer service" skills.
    Dude, that's the thing. I did NOT break any forum rules before starting to get banned for no other reason than saying, in very blunt terms, what they were failing at.

And they started moderating me like crazy for that reason! There are **literally** no posts that I've made that they can show was breaking their rules. None.

That's what my problem is when a project I care about (and yes, backed with money I knew I could lose, whatever) is now in the hands of people who don't believe in free speech and are all self-important. For Christ's sake, read Sarrene's posts and the way she's talking down.

Arf.