Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fastest way to fix this game

KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
Well, I can deal with the eternal system, but it should be limited to a maximum of 2 characters in my opinion. Overall the game has bigger problems for me.

- Don't focus on a streamlined quest fest, Lineage should be an open game since the beginning and the quests should be optional, if some player don't like them he could level up through the old school filed grind.
- Limit access to instances, once you complete one instance, you should not be allowed to enter it again after 72 hours to one week depending on the "epicness" of the instances.
- Slow-down the leveling curve, Lineage is not about rushing to level cap alone in a week.
- Let the pvp-pk be free since the beginning.

But knowing how the game is being tailored to be playable in mobiles, which has a more casual audience (see the success of Lineage 2 Revolution). I doubt this will be a more traditional Lineage game.

Comments

• theNILVtheNILV Member UncommonPosts: 49
    So basically you listing things that the game shouldn't be, specially when company like ncsoft is just focusing on maximizing profits. Have you played the latest version on Lineage 2? There is no way company like ncsoft is going to make so called "niche" MMORPG, that just ain't happening. 

Don't get me wrong I played lineage 2 for 6 years, but right now if game like that got released i wouldn't touch it even with a long stick. 
    Proud member of best EU roleplaying guild
    Twitter - @theNILV
    Twitch - @theNILV
  • HawkadiumHawkadium Member UncommonPosts: 3
    edited April 2017
    Considering Lineage 1 is still South Korea's biggest game in terms of users.  I don't see why they would shy away from the grindy-ness of that game.  I prefer no level cap myself.  Someone who has been playing for 3 to 4 years should be standing toe to toe with someone who has only been playing a few months.

You also posted this on reddit.  
    Post edited by Hawkadium on
  • KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    edited May 2017

Hawkadium said:

Considering Lineage 1 is still South Korea's biggest game in terms of users.  I don't see why they would shy away from the grindy-ness of that game.  I prefer no level cap myself.  Someone who has been playing for 3 to 4 years should be standing toe to toe with someone who has only been playing a few months.

You also posted this on reddit.  

The biggest game in SK overall is LoL. Lineage 1 is the biggest MMORPG in Korea and the 2nd biggest MMO in the world.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Don't fix what ain't broken.
  • KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    edited November 2017
    Now that the whole game was dumped and rebooted, they need to check the issues that made LE so hated in Korea during the last CBT, getting rid of the Hero-ish MOBA system is only the beginning.

I repeat:

- They need to make quests 100% optional I don't like to be stuck in quest chains, I like to farm killing mobs in a spot for hours with friends;
    - They need to put a limit to re-enter instances of at least 24h;
    - They need to slow down the leveling curve, Lineage is not about rushing to level cap in a week or less;
    - No PVP/PVE gear bs, except if there is some kind olympic event like L2 which the winners have a temporary access to some exclusive items/buffs;
    - They need to bring the world pvp back, just protect starting zones by not allowing high level players to kill low levels, only allowing newbie to fight among themselves.
    Kumapon