Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Microsoft will start more first-party game studios

SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
https://www.yahoo.com/news/xbox-chief-says-microsoft-start-174456134.html

yeah good luck with that. Their consumer divisions really seem to fumble alot

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    They are at least funding Undead labs and MS have made a couple of good games in the past, Combat flight simulator and Crimson skies comes to mind. Then again, I have never forgiven them for what they did to Shadowrun...

Lets just wait and see what happens, more game studios are good but only if they release good games.

Besides, certain other large corps buy up small good studios and turn them to crap. Starting new studios is way better.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    They need to do whatever it takes to make first(and third) party exclusives to justify selling a $500 system 4 years into this generation. By this time the base(and slim) models have already costed $200 in all generations. It wont be long until the XBOX One X and PS4 Pro go down to $300 if they want to sell better... especially XboxoX

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited November 2017
    They need to do whatever it takes to make first(and third) party exclusives to justify selling a $500 system 4 years into this generation. By this time the base(and slim) models have already costed $200 in all generations. It wont be long until the XBOX One X and PS4 Pro go down to $300 if they want to sell better... especially XboxoX
    yeah they are still chasing a business model that worked 10 years ago but not really anymore.

The key in my mind to selling a good game is to create good games. That is what they should focus on, not the book covers
    rojoArcueid

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    All they need to do is sit near EA's trash bin, collect the pieces, and put together something that isn't complete shit and I think they could do quite well. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

edited November 2017
    CrazKanuk said:
    All they need to do is sit near EA's trash bin, collect the pieces, and put together something that isn't complete shit and I think they could do quite well. 
    I think what they should do is open up a game development studio.

not borrow from someone elses brand, not buy some other game, just make a real deal no jokes game development company that will make games on all platforms, with real developers creating real games

OR...they should get out of the gaming business.

that is my take

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    SEANMCAD said:
    CrazKanuk said:

not borrow from someone elses brand, not buy some other game, just make a real deal no jokes game development company that will make games on all platforms, with real developers creating real games

that is my take

I think you mistook what I meant. It was a not-so-subtle suggestion that if they are looking at creating a first-party studio, them maybe they should consider Visceral, being that they were just all axed. The advantage of being a first party developer, too, is that it's a much different motivation. You're selling systems, not copies of games. So you get a little more freedom to push the envelope and do really interesting, risky work. I think that's an environment that someone like Visceral would thrive under. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

edited November 2017
    CrazKanuk said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    CrazKanuk said:

that is my take

I think you mistook what I meant. It was a not-so-subtle suggestion that if they are looking at creating a first-party studio, them maybe they should consider Visceral, being that they were just all axed. The advantage of being a first party developer, too, is that it's a much different motivation. You're selling systems, not copies of games. So you get a little more freedom to push the envelope and do really interesting, risky work. I think that's an environment that someone like Visceral would thrive under. 
    actually I understood exactly what you meant.

I am suggesting something different. Instead of buying another studio, buying other games, branding and exclusives. Just start a real deal honest to god game studio and just make fucking awesome games. no tricks, no clicks just do it right for once.

in 2017 first party only means less opportunities 

EDIT: basically they should be going in this with the attitude of 'we want to make the best game ever and we dont need others to tell us'