Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Classic wow will make noobs cry

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Gdemami said:
    cheyane said:
    WoW was never hard I tell you I was playing a High Elf Paladin on Project 1999 
    Good to know you have a penis...?
    I was playing a female high elf . What does that have to do with a penis ?
    IselinGdemamiKickaxe
    Chamber of Chains
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    cheyane said:
    Horusra said:
    cheyane said:
    Iselin said:
    Horusra said:
    cheyane said:
    WoW was never hard I tell you I was playing a High Elf Paladin on Project 1999 and someone offered to take me to Lower Guk and I went of course happily forgetting I was bound in Greater Faydark.

Guess what ??? I died in Lower Guk and I had a deusy of a time going all the way back to get my corpse because unfortunately at the time I needed a port there were no high levels about so I took a boat which I had to wait for 20 minutes real time and that is considered lucky because I think it takes 40 minutes for a round trip. When I reached Freeport I then ran to Northern Desert of Ro, Oasis of Marr, Southern Ro then Innothule Swamp. Oh I got killed also because I cannot  make myself invisible some orcs killed me on the orc highway but this time I had bound myself in Freeport got a kind soul to bind me so it was not as bad with my second death.

Don't forget to get to the boat I had to run from Greater Faydark to Buthcherblock Mountains too to get to the docks.

Now that is a difficult thing to do when you don't have a lot of time to play not to mention the experience I lost and the frustration I felt while I waited for the boat. I am really rethinking playing a class that cannot bind and gate.

Vanilla WoW is peanuts compared to that.

When did tedium become difficulty?
    It gets confused as that around here all the time.

I enjoy challenging fights. Spending a lot of time getting to those fights, or corpse runs are boring.

OTOH, getting to a dungeon instantly, as in lobby games, is not really the solution either because it kills the sense that you're in a world.

There's got to be a happy medium between those.
    So is vanilla WoW is more difficult than what I described and corpse runs were difficult if you could not get past mobs that can kill you to get to your corpse .

It was difficult because you made it so.  Go in WoW to the end zones when level 10 and you get the same effect.
    What do you mean? Upper Guk is not end zones. There are mobs for my level which was 12 or 13 I think ,think I lost 13 well  what I mean is Lower Guk is not end zone. I never made it difficult because people often forget where they are bound and having a druid teleport me to Southern Ro initially made going to Upper Guk easy.

People go to these places for experience because it is easy to get groups there. Travelling is one of the challenges in Everquest. You often had to go through hard zones to get to places to get experience and dying is not only possible it happens very frequently.

It is not only common for people to shout for ports asking for help when they have no money or weapons at lower levels when they died in other zones but often you can be really far away like several continents away. You just get caught up in the fun and happiness of joining people for some hard earned experience. Zones are like that EQ.

You never played Everquest obviously if you think Upper Guk is end zone.

I made a mistake I meant Upper Guk not Lower Guk
    Your difficulty is go through high level zones to get there.  Whoops run through high level zones in WOW.  Your stupidity to check where your were bound caused you to have to run through high level zones.  Still not seeing difficulty beyond what you created by not being prepared.  Still not difficult as in the game being difficult to master.
  • Tatsuya9411Tatsuya9411 Member UncommonPosts: 28
    I cannot wait for people who justified playing on pirated vanilla servers what new excuse they will have not to actually go legit and pay a sub
    edited November 2017
    Horusra said:
    cheyane said:
    Horusra said:
    cheyane said:
    Iselin said:
    Horusra said:
    cheyane said:
    WoW was never hard I tell you I was playing a High Elf Paladin on Project 1999 and someone offered to take me to Lower Guk and I went of course happily forgetting I was bound in Greater Faydark.

Guess what ??? I died in Lower Guk and I had a deusy of a time going all the way back to get my corpse because unfortunately at the time I needed a port there were no high levels about so I took a boat which I had to wait for 20 minutes real time and that is considered lucky because I think it takes 40 minutes for a round trip. When I reached Freeport I then ran to Northern Desert of Ro, Oasis of Marr, Southern Ro then Innothule Swamp. Oh I got killed also because I cannot  make myself invisible some orcs killed me on the orc highway but this time I had bound myself in Freeport got a kind soul to bind me so it was not as bad with my second death.

Don't forget to get to the boat I had to run from Greater Faydark to Buthcherblock Mountains too to get to the docks.

Now that is a difficult thing to do when you don't have a lot of time to play not to mention the experience I lost and the frustration I felt while I waited for the boat. I am really rethinking playing a class that cannot bind and gate.

Vanilla WoW is peanuts compared to that.

When did tedium become difficulty?
    It gets confused as that around here all the time.

I enjoy challenging fights. Spending a lot of time getting to those fights, or corpse runs are boring.

OTOH, getting to a dungeon instantly, as in lobby games, is not really the solution either because it kills the sense that you're in a world.

There's got to be a happy medium between those.
    So is vanilla WoW is more difficult than what I described and corpse runs were difficult if you could not get past mobs that can kill you to get to your corpse .

It was difficult because you made it so.  Go in WoW to the end zones when level 10 and you get the same effect.
    What do you mean? Upper Guk is not end zones. There are mobs for my level which was 12 or 13 I think ,think I lost 13 well  what I mean is Lower Guk is not end zone. I never made it difficult because people often forget where they are bound and having a druid teleport me to Southern Ro initially made going to Upper Guk easy.

People go to these places for experience because it is easy to get groups there. Travelling is one of the challenges in Everquest. You often had to go through hard zones to get to places to get experience and dying is not only possible it happens very frequently.

It is not only common for people to shout for ports asking for help when they have no money or weapons at lower levels when they died in other zones but often you can be really far away like several continents away. You just get caught up in the fun and happiness of joining people for some hard earned experience. Zones are like that EQ.

You never played Everquest obviously if you think Upper Guk is end zone.

I made a mistake I meant Upper Guk not Lower Guk
    Your difficulty is go through high level zones to get there.  Whoops run through high level zones in WOW.  Your stupidity to check where your were bound caused you to have to run through high level zones.  Still not seeing difficulty beyond what you created by not being prepared.  Still not difficult as in the game being difficult to master.
    You have no idea what you're talking about every dungeon in Everquest requires you to traverse places that are higher level than you when you initially go there. Playing a melee class means you have no means to bind or gate out . In Vanilla WoW you had the inn stone that enabled even any class to gate out and leave .You cannot do that in Everquest as a melee class. You had to run everywhere there is no way to just get rez at the graveyard you spawn.

In WoW it was so cheesy easy to just go in your spirit form which was invulnerable to get your corpse or just rez at the graveyard for a durability hit. There is no such thing as a bind affinity spell  in WoW you just bound yourself at an inn and if you play a melee class in EQ and there is no caster or priest class to bind you then you have no way to reduce the distance between where you die and the bind point. It is because this spawn point issue is not a problem in WoW and since you never played Everquest you don't understand what I am trying to compare. The fact is death in WoW was not a problem as it was in Everquest because you could get a graveyard priest to rez you for a durability hit. You never risked losing everything you owned.
    Post edited by cheyane on
    Chamber of Chains
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Kyleran said:
    I can't believe so many [insert derogatory term for daft humanoid] actually believe the "vanilla" server won't be more of a "sorta-vanilla" and that this isn't about picking up the additional revenue and fighting back against pirate servers. Anybody care to make a bet?

#Idiocracy

"But yeah, the goal is to recreate that exact experience, for better or for worse."

Focus on the word "EXACT" now move on to the phrase "FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE" now come to the only conclusion a racional human mind comes to, it will be 100% Vanilla (polished).

I have to ask, which "exact" expereience were they talking about?

Vanilla Jan 2005, before BGs,  BWL, or Silithus existed?

Or Vanilla Nov 2006 right before BC launched?

Will raid loot still be terribly optimized? Warriors still really suck because they only are useful as tanks and terribly boring to level solo?

Perhaps they'll bring back loot lag, wouldn't be a true vanilla experience without it.

Believe what you wish, anytime someone says "the goal is"  my first thought is.."well, goals are good..." (said in an incredulous vein)

Oh c'mon, bringing back bugs/technical issues?  That's reaching.

Even a QoL change such as soul shard bags isn't going to change the content style of the game.  It would hardly affect the actual gameplay of a world where interaction was key, things weren't overly automated to the point a trained monkey could complete a dungeon run, and stats weren't ridiculously bloated and muddled by multiple layers of "we're doing this now!  Last expansion system is now obsolete."

I have a feeling that, if a soul shard bag was the only change Blizzard made aside from not including bugs, Kano would claim complete victory on his argument.
    Nilden

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Kyleran said:
    I can't believe so many [insert derogatory term for daft humanoid] actually believe the "vanilla" server won't be more of a "sorta-vanilla" and that this isn't about picking up the additional revenue and fighting back against pirate servers. Anybody care to make a bet?

#Idiocracy

"But yeah, the goal is to recreate that exact experience, for better or for worse."

Focus on the word "EXACT" now move on to the phrase "FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE" now come to the only conclusion a racional human mind comes to, it will be 100% Vanilla (polished).

I have to ask, which "exact" expereience were they talking about?

Vanilla Jan 2005, before BGs,  BWL, or Silithus existed?

Or Vanilla Nov 2006 right before BC launched?

Will raid loot still be terribly optimized? Warriors still really suck because they only are useful as tanks and terribly boring to level solo?

Perhaps they'll bring back loot lag, wouldn't be a true vanilla experience without it.

Believe what you wish, anytime someone says "the goal is"  my first thought is.."well, goals are good..." (said in an incredulous vein)

Oh c'mon, bringing back bugs/technical issues?  That's reaching.

Even a QoL change such as soul shard bags isn't going to change the content style of the game.  It would hardly affect the actual gameplay of a world where interaction was key, things weren't overly automated to the point a trained monkey could complete a dungeon run, and stats weren't ridiculously bloated and muddled by multiple layers of "we're doing this now!  Last expansion system is now obsolete."

I have a feeling that, if a soul shard bag was the only change Blizzard made aside from not including bugs, Kano would claim complete victory on his argument.
    Probably.  I think no matter what happens the people who claim Blizzard only wants to disappoint us are going to say "See, I was right!  It's not really vanilla!!!"

It's impossible to know for sure what exactly Blizzard will do but it seems very silly to assume they're going to make easy-mode vanilla when easy-mode is at the core of the complaints legacy fans have with the modern game.
    Its the same assumptions everyone made prior saying it would never be a thing, and that private servers didn't retain players, and that people were only playing it because it was free. 

I'm assuming Blizzard knows more about what these players want than we think. They are an EXTREMELY profitable company who knows how the market works. They lose TONS of subs sure, but they also still retain the most played MMORPG of all time and it's what 13 years old?

I'm excited either way. I loved having classes that were faction locked / race locked. I loved having to worry about how many mobs I pulled. I loved dungeons that required you to utilize classes skills instead of just mobbing through pulling every single monster and killing it in AOE furies. I hope they do retain some QOL things, but who knows what they will actually do. I don't know what hunters will do having to buy ammo again all the time, or locks with soulshards, or feeding your pet otherwise it does less. I feel like some people don't remember all of it. 

[Deleted User]Steelhelm
    I doubt Blizzard will make Vanilla WoW where they make so many changes as it would defeat the purpose but they will definitely fix the glaring bugs and may introduce a few small changes . That is still fantastic and something I would play.
    Branko2307
    Chamber of Chains
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    I wonder about pricing.

Maybe it could be the new free trial to be able to play on classic for free, and if you want the modern/updated access you have to have a sub.

I dunno, just thinking.
  • RockardRockard Member UncommonPosts: 206
    No pet battles.
    F@ck Classic.#

XarkoSteelhelm
    Margrave said:
    I wonder about pricing.

Maybe it could be the new free trial to be able to play on classic for free, and if you want the modern/updated access you have to have a sub.

I dunno, just thinking.
    It will most likely not be this way. I'm not saying I know for sure, but this is a way to bring players back to the game. Ones who have no interest in the modern game. They are going to charge for it. Just like old school Runescape when it came out. If you follow that at all, OSRS has more players than the modern game, almost 24/7. It will keep players who currently play playing on the modern servers, and it will attract people who quit from vanilla all the way up to WOTLK or even further who want to experience it again. I know quite a few of my friends who quit that are coming back just for this, some of which haven't played since BC or Vanilla. 

My guess, it will be a monthly fee that allows access to both services. The only thing that's up in the air right now for my brain is, I wonder how they will do content. They aren't just going to develop classic servers and never do anything with them and just leave them. They could take one of two routes (three if you think they will leave them and not touch them). They could do rolling expansions, which personally I am in favor of. Or two they could do what OSRS does, and develop the game completely separate. Which I somehow doubt they will do. I'm assuming it's easier to develop RS side by side, with two separate teams. With WoW there is the lore aspect, and in general the size of team required for new content in an older server would be probably large. 
    I hope they come out soon husband and I are definitely playing. He a druid me I don't know yet. I played a priest before but if he plays hunter I might play a priest.
    [Deleted User]
    Chamber of Chains
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    One thing I enjoyed about classic WOW was playing my hunter and hunting down elite pets that had different skill sets than there normal counterparts. 
    Nibs

edited November 2017
    One thing I enjoyed about classic WOW was playing my hunter and hunting down elite pets that had different skill sets than there normal counterparts. 
    I remember getting the rake on my troll hunter I was so proud. I also took my orc all the way to Teldrassil for an owl pet was so cool. Died a bunch of times but oh so totally worth it. I also got a Durator tiger for a night elf hunter but that was easier than the orc trip.

There was that convenient gap in the fence if you recall near the guards for the night elf to get through.
    Chamber of Chains
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    cheyane said:
    I remember getting the rake on my troll hunter I was so proud. I also took my orc all the way to Teldrassil for an owl pet was so cool. Died a bunch of times but oh so totally worth it. I also got a Durator tiger for a night elf hunter but that was easier than the orc trip.

There was that convenient gap in the fence if you recall near the guards for the night elf to get through.

Yeah there something special about setting out to find that elite pet and you get there and it's up lol, great feeling. 

I played  lot of characters to 19 for BGs . So I constantly tried to get different pets for my hunters. It was a fun endeavour. I never levelled any character but my priest to 60 though. I did love the game immensely. I played on the private servers but the PvE one was not very crowded only had about 900 to 1000 players but the PvP servers were very crowded. 

I think it will be the same if Blizzard launches the servers the PvP servers will be very popular the PvE not so much because I think PvE is all about content which stops at 60 so there is that.
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:

Yeah there something special about setting out to find that elite pet and you get there and it's up lol, great feeling. 
    I loved camping out for hours waiting for a spawn, spamming /target (whatever creature) then actually finding it before anyone else. It was awesome feeling. Then again there's always the other end, where I would be taming it and someone would get pissed and kill it mid tame. That happened before too.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited November 2017
    SedrynTyros said:
    I'm not sure why you'd think you can predict the future now given how terribly wrong you've been up to this point.
    "We" were not wrong, that is what Blizzard said at that time.

They didn't have a technical solution to run different version of the game within their infrastructure, now they do.

From there people make reasoned assumptions:

1) We know they did not announce vanilla server launch - they are, "recreating the experience".

2) We also know that vanilla is too old to run on their infrasture.

3) They did state they want Blizzard quality level product, something vanilla does not represent by any stretch.

4) They already talked about something they called Pristine worlds in the past which would fit very much scenario happening now.

etc.

Based on those facts it is a good guess that classic server won't run any vanilla version of the game and will likely be modified much more recent itteration.

I guess how much recent and how much adjustments they will be able to make is likely a subject of further development.

There is nothing that would indicate we will see vanilla code.
    Post edited by Gdemami on
    cheyaneForgrimmXarkoAsm0deusKyleran
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    DMKano said:
    Avarix said:
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    DMKano just stop you are embarassing yourself, im actually laughing out loud when i read your comments...so bad.

Blizzard Activision is a publicly traded company - their motivation is seeing their stock price go up.

Its about money.

Are you that naive that you think they would waste any resources on projects that wont make them money?

lol

A publically traded billion+ dollar company is doing something to benefit a niche playerbase, because they are ..... nice?

heh

All your logic about WoW Classis in numerous threads were destroyed BADLY, you are repeating em every 2nd page, no1 ever said Blizzard is not a money hungry company, if you understood bussiness you would know that its not even in their hands any more, they did go public long long long long time ago.

I said this before, if it was up to them there would BE NO VANILLA SERVER, so now after 8years of saying NO they said YES, just to bring something that nobody wants back? sorry dude but as i said before your logic is dogbleep.

What is 100% going to happen is last Vanilla patch polished, and by that i mean they will change things that dont affect the gameplay in any way, just change the gamebrakeing things that just MAKE SENSE even for most hardcore Vanilla player. Ill give you a possible example a 30minute shield wall changed to 5 minutes?

You can keep trying to assert ur bad logic and nitpick all you want, but if you watch the announcement and read the interview like i asked you, you would have no more things to say.

You are completely not understanding - the reason why they said YES finally is because they figured out how to make Classic servers worth it their dev time and how to make money off it.

That is the ONLY reason why they are saying yes now.

My entire argument is that in order to make money of Classic - the servers won't be 100% Vanilla like you claim.

Nope - what they are going to actually DELIVER (regardless of what they are saying NOW) is going to be something a lot more appealing to masses other than purists who want 100% vanilla servers.

Did I make myself clear this time?

Well, I get what you're saying ... but I think you're probably wrong.  What legacy players want is the vanilla experience not the faceroll garbage that "appeals to the masses" as you say.  So if Blizzard just repeats the same mistakes from live in vanilla, then what the hell is the point of a classic server?  No, I don't they're going to do that at all.  If they're smart enough to realize it's a good idea I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they're smart enough to realize what people are asking for and give it to them.

The issue is this - legacy players THINK they want vanilla - in reality they don't 

They want "vanilla light" - and that's what Blizzard is going to deliver.

Now yes there is some 50K players that probably DO want actual "100% vanilla" - do you think Blizzard gives a rats ass about 50K players?

If you were running a smart business - would you make a product that will appeal to 50K players or make some tweaks and possibly be able to pull in like 500K+ players in?

Hmm?

So now you have to ask yourself - is Blizzard a smart business company or not?
    Let's highlight the 'legacy players THINK they want vanilla - in reality they don't' part.
    Your ego has to be insanely large to think you know better than the people actually requesting this. Are there players requesting it that will do a drive-by and be gone within a month when it launches? Of course. You're pulling these numbers out of nowhere though and claiming you know better. Get over yourself.

I am talking about masses not those 50k players from private servers.

The psychology and philosphy of people thinking one thing but once getting it realizing that didnt make them happy is well known and documented.

Slavoj Zizek perfectly explains this problem

So basically, "Stop liking what I don't like."

Oh and Nost alone had 130k active accounts...

httpiimgurcomjxtOQlujpg

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Nilden  ....
    Slavoj Zizek?
    I didnt think you had it in you

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    I think we can all agree that vanilla Wow did pretty good for itself in the 2 years it was out, no other MMO before or since had such a steep curve of gaining subscriptions after release.

Yes, many convinience things were not in there and while Blizz probably will add in a few like dungeonfinders (it would surprise me if they don't) many newer players will miss that.

Also, the difficulty and leveling speed will initially be a shock to many new people (and probablly many veteran gamers who either have forgotten or got out of shape as well) but I have a feeling that they will get over that soon.

The paradox is that after all Wow clones and Wow itselfs great success no current MMO actually offer this kind of gameplay. Vanilla Wow was one of the last games where the focus actually was the journey and not the endgame, particularly in the beginning. That changed when TBC came out though.

As long as Blizzard don't screw up and try to make it like current Wow but with vanillas setting I think they will do very well here.

Update the graphics, throw in a dungeonfinder as a token to new MMOers and I think they actually can keep a million subs on it or maybe even more.
    Gdemami
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Loke666 said:

As long as Blizzard don't screw up and try to make it like current Wow but with vanillas setting I think they will do very well here.

I am concerned that this what they will do.

No dungeon finder please.  It is that kind of thing that takes away from playing in the world imo.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Gdemami said:
    SedrynTyros said:
    I'm not sure why you'd think you can predict the future now given how terribly wrong you've been up to this point.

Exactly. Blizz said themselves, time and time again for many years, that they either had no plans for making classic servers, or that it would be too much of a technical obstacle. It was brought up and shot down so many times that a special "Wall of No" post was made and frequently updated and posted on the WoW forums, with a list of quotes and citations where Blizz employees said it wouldn't happen https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/8198732508#19 Technically, "we" have been right "up to this point". It's only in the last few days that their stance changed.
    Kyleran
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Forgrimm said:
    Gdemami said:
    SedrynTyros said:

Exactly. Blizz said themselves, time and time again for many years, that they either had no plans for making classic servers, or that it would be too much of a technical obstacle. It was brought up and shot down so many times that a special "Wall of No" post was made and frequently updated and posted on the WoW forums, with a list of quotes and citations where Blizz employees said it wouldn't happen https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/8198732508#19 Technically, "we" have been right "up to this point". It's only in the last few days that their stance changed.
    Yet here we are with all those technical limitations, you think you do but you don't, will not be profitable, wall of no, etc, etc bullshit blown completely out of the water with the announcement that they will be doing classic servers.

GdemamiKyleran

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Forgrimm said:
    Gdemami said:
    SedrynTyros said:

How much money do they think they are going to make from classic wow to make them change their minds?  And what caused them to change their minds.....
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    waynejr2 said:
    Loke666 said:

I am concerned that this what they will do.

No dungeon finder please.  It is that kind of thing that takes away from playing in the world imo.
    Yeah, me too. If they do I think the project will fail though and I am not sure Blizzard is that stupid.

The dungeonfinder will be added since so many players like it, I am rather sure of that. Personally I don't care, I don't use it myself in any way and vanilla Wows dungeons were rather different then current Wows dungeons, they offered a far more time sonsuming and harder content then the open world.

So I don't think most players will just sit around in a town and wait for the next dungeon even if that is how the dungeonfinder work. Hopefully though will you still actually have to go to the dungeon before doing it if they want to be true to the original game while still make it easier to find a group in any case.

If you remember did most of us mainly run dungeons at weekends in the older days, while it was even more so in EQ it was even true for early Wow. Dungeons were time consuming but fun, if you just had an hour to play you spent it in the open world.