Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Challenge

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
is there any challenge left in the solo part of the game?
when i left a few months after release the solo,part could be quite challenging

i deffinately have a dislike for games that are to easy, even the soloing part needs to be challenging to be fun
its also the reason i play mmo’s less and less

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    ESO has the challenge you want of it. Think otherwise? I dare you to get to level 50 without dying once. I did that in GW2 (level 50 with 0 deaths), I would not place the bet in ESO. The game is way less forgiving, and the slightest miscalculation will make you use a soul shard (and lose your bet with me =P).
    Thats actually a bet i would like to loose...  

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Depends on where you go to level.

I personally enjoy public dungeons when I'm soloing because they're a step or two up on difficulty from delves and overland mobs. They have larger packs of linked mobs to contend with as well as several bosses that are a couple of notches above delve boss difficulty.

Each zone has at least one of those and some zones (Vvardenfell and Orsinium) two.

There's also Craglorn where the overland mobs are tougher and come in larger groups.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    edited November 2017
    is there any challenge left in the solo part of the game?
    when i left a few months after release the solo,part could be quite challenging

i deffinately have a dislike for games that are to easy, even the soloing part needs to be challenging to be fun
    its also the reason i play mmo’s less and less
    I was out exploring with a friend one evening. We came across 'Rageclaw', a world boss up in one of the Skyrim zones... Decided to give it a shot and see how we'd do. About 5 seconds later, I was laying dead on the ground after it waltzed up and one-shotted me.

Went out there again some time later, higher level and better equipped, into my early Champion levels. Fared much better, but still had a couple near-death experiences, if not for a capable healer being there, courtesy of RC and his buddies.

Haven't been back to visit ol RC since then, but may do it again soon just to see what the difference is now.

That's just one of the world bosses. I've found plenty of challenge in ESO.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Become a vampire and enjoy trying not to die by fire.  Also don't craft sets, just rely on drops like I did.  Now that's fun.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey