Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Next Expansion Named Battle for Azeroth: Features Overview - World of Warcraft Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageNext Expansion Named Battle for Azeroth: Features Overview - World of Warcraft Videos - MMORPG.com

The new expansion will feature a return to the faction war. The Horde & Alliance will be at each other's throats in BATTLE FOR AZEROTH.

Read the full story here

Comments

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    HYPE!
    sycogenesisSiegeMachinejimmywolf
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Nice looking creatures and zones.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Interesting. If they can make faction PvP shine again, I may actually buy into the game.
    ScottJeslisSiegeMachineJuzaa
  • ZenJellyZenJelly Member UncommonPosts: 262
    Finally. I have been very tired of this, all of us working together, thing for a very long time now. I'm stoked about it going back to faction warfare. I want it to mean something to form a raid group and go into an enemy zone to kill a faction leader. FOR THE HORDE!
    pantaro
  • PiscorePiscore Member UncommonPosts: 263
    so just Horde vs Alliance expansion, 0 lore right ? next...
    BruceYeedaltaniousmazut

l2p

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    edited November 2017
    Piscore said:
    Not sure how you came up with that conclusion.
  • AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Should have named this Mists of Seinfeld! They're literally launching an expansion around NOTHING.
    ArskaaaBruceYeeNyghthowlermazut
    AZHokie54 said:
    Should have named this Mists of Seinfeld! They're literally launching an expansion around NOTHING.
    eh?
    edited November 2017
    Leveling Improvements
    • Expanding zone scaling to all zones
    • Zones have level ranges with caps
    • Flexible expansion order
    • Burning Crusade is 60 - 80
    • Northrend scales from 60 - 80
    • Applies to dungeons as well
    • Beginning in 7.3.5!
    World PVP
    • PVP ruleset largely unchanged since 2005
    • Update the system to reflect the 2018 world
    • Remove PvE vs. PvP server division
    • Individual choice to opt into PvP
    • Bonuses to offset inefficiency
    Iselin[Deleted User]jimmywolf
  • ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    LOL, they really need to sort out the servers then. If they are going back to faction wars. right now most servers are heavily numbered on horde side with teh alliance players barely able to even register.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited November 2017
    Between the second half of Legion and this new expansion i will have so much story content to go through when i resubscribe... i am pleased.

• NikaasNikaas Member UncommonPosts: 135
    edited November 2017

LOL, they really need to sort out the servers then. If they are going back to faction wars. right now most servers are heavily numbered on horde side with teh alliance players barely able to even register.

It doesn't look like PVP expansion (maybe even less than prev ones), despite its name
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

I'm guessing the majority of any pvp between factions will be in scenario/battleground type instances. You'll probably be able to queue them in the pvp tab.
    ConstantineMerus
  • titanofdoomtitanofdoom Member UncommonPosts: 263
    No new classes or anything here to spark back into WOW again.
    Perennially extricating the extraneous
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Piscore said:

My thoughts as well. Not impressed, already disappointed just reading this. Looks at first glance WOD just got competition. Fortunately have rediscovered FF14, then will for sure return to Gw2m ,,,, Fortunately for me there is not just Wow as good game. Also at some point guess will try to return to Rift, TESO, ....

For now I can just say "meh" .... :-(
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited November 2017
    World PVP
    • Remove PvE vs. PvP server division
    • Individual choice to opt into PvP
    ------
    So merging - via clustering of course - PvE and PvP servers?
    And if one can "opt into" PvP the default state will be PvE?

Am I reading this right?

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited November 2017
    I didn't want to make a new thread but I found this interesting: Pretty much there wont be "PvP/PvE" servers. You'll just decide once you're in a major town if you want to engage in world pvp or do strictly pve and it'll pretty much phase you into that kind of world when you head out.
    [Deleted User]
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

Piscore said:

My thoughts as well. Not impressed, already disappointed just reading this. Looks at first glance WOD just got competition. Fortunately have rediscovered FF14, then will for sure return to Gw2m ,,,, Fortunately for me there is not just Wow as good game. Also at some point guess will try to return to Rift, TESO, ....

For now I can just say "meh" .... :-(
    First raid is a Titan quarantine facility. If exploring a facility that the Titans used to learn about void lords qualifies as "0 lore" I'm not entirely sure what you want. Horde vs Alliance (you know, warcraft) seems to mostly be about acquiring azerite.