Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Repopulation back on Steam

2»

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    SEANMCAD said:
    Asheram said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Asheram said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SirBalin said:
    This game was dead for me when they decided to allow both tab/target and aim to shoot.  They adavertised it as aim to shoot...but then allowed the tab/target .  Once you allow tab target, you lose aim to shoot as tab / target will always have an advantage.  
    That's true. Although some people might prefer to aim at the enemies with a mouse even if it is easier to use tab target. Also the hitboxes could be incredibly large to accommodate for that. 
    what is the attraction of the games ruleset that pvp would be a central focus for someone?

I ask because I dont know the game well but my impression is that its not really pvp focused
    Well I dont know what the focus is now from the new company who made it sit unplayable for over a year but the original company had plans for pvp.

"Welcome to The Repopulation Wiki
    The Repopulation is a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. The action takes place on the planet Rhyldan, with the only known remaining human population fighting for their very existence. The indigenous life forms did not meet their colonization efforts with open arms. Worse yet, humans have managed to splinter themselves into warring factions."
    no I am not asking 'does the game have pvp' but rather what about it would be a central focus for a player of which some aspect of specifically pvp would become a deal breaker for them.

not saying your view and reasoning is bad I am just saying what you said and your reason for not being intrested seems to suggest the game is heavily (instead of light) focused on pvp.

does that make my question more clear or still confusing?
    I never said I wasn't interested in the game regardless of what kind of pvp it had else I wouldn't have paid $35 for it back in 2014. I was just saying I believe the original devs had plans for faction war type of pvp so I see why SirBalin would be disappointed with have both tab targeting and free aim targeting.
    nevermind it was just a question of curiosity your clearly not intrested in answering. nevermind its not worth it
    Answer what? Please refresh my memory where I stated this:
    "not saying your view and reasoning is bad I am just saying what you said and your reason for not being intrested seems to suggest the game is heavily (instead of light) focused on pvp."

I did answer your question you said the game wasn't pvp focused I linked something from the original devs that stated, otherwise why else would there be warring factions that players could choose between?
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Asheram said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Asheram said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Asheram said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SirBalin said:
    This game was dead for me when they decided to allow both tab/target and aim to shoot.  They adavertised it as aim to shoot...but then allowed the tab/target .  Once you allow tab target, you lose aim to shoot as tab / target will always have an advantage.  
    That's true. Although some people might prefer to aim at the enemies with a mouse even if it is easier to use tab target. Also the hitboxes could be incredibly large to accommodate for that. 
    what is the attraction of the games ruleset that pvp would be a central focus for someone?

I ask because I dont know the game well but my impression is that its not really pvp focused
    Well I dont know what the focus is now from the new company who made it sit unplayable for over a year but the original company had plans for pvp.

The Repopulation is a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. The action takes place on the planet Rhyldan, with the only known remaining human population fighting for their very existence. The indigenous life forms did not meet their colonization efforts with open arms. Worse yet, humans have managed to splinter themselves into warring factions."
    no I am not asking 'does the game have pvp' but rather what about it would be a central focus for a player of which some aspect of specifically pvp would become a deal breaker for them.

not saying your view and reasoning is bad I am just saying what you said and your reason for not being intrested seems to suggest the game is heavily (instead of light) focused on pvp.

I never said I wasn't interested in the game regardless of what kind of pvp it had else I wouldn't have paid $35 for it back in 2014. I was just saying I believe the original devs had plans for faction war type of pvp so I see why SirBalin would be disappointed with have both tab targeting and free aim targeting.
    nevermind it was just a question of curiosity your clearly not intrested in answering. nevermind its not worth it
    "not saying your view and reasoning is bad I am just saying what you said and your reason for not being intrested seems to suggest the game is heavily (instead of light) focused on pvp."

I did answer your question you said the game wasn't pvp focused I linked something from the original devs that stated, otherwise why else would there be warring factions that players could choose between?
    DUDE!

I was just asking if the game was heavy on PvP. that is all I wanted to know. I didnt say it wasnt pvp focused I said MY IMPRESSION IS and I stated that I dont know that much about the game in the first place.

your looking for a fight and you have the wrong person on this, I was just asking out of my own ignorance and now I have well past intrest in my question and no longer give a fuck.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

edited November 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    Asheram said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Asheram said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Asheram said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SirBalin said:

DUDE!

I was just asking if the game was heavy on PvP. that is all I wanted to know. I didnt say it wasnt pvp focused I said MY IMPRESSION IS and I stated that I dont know that much about the game in the first place.

your looking for a fight and you have the wrong person on this, I was just asking out of my own ignorance and now I have well past intrest in my question and no longer give a fuck.
    You quoted me saying stuff I didnt say after I answered your question about the original plans for pvp and even when I pointed that out you dont even acknowledge that so if anyone is looking for a fight it is you. 
    The game as it stands isnt heavy on anything as its dead and has been for 2 years.
    Asheram said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Asheram said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Asheram said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Asheram said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SirBalin said:

DUDE!

You quoted me saying stuff I didnt say after I answered your question about the original plans for pvp so if anyone is looking for a fight it is you. 
    The game as it stands isnt heavy on anything as its dead and has been for 2 years.
    dude I am no longer intrested, your evaise non-answer told me what I needed to know, move on.

edited November 2017
    SEANMCAD said:

I did answer your question you said the game wasn't pvp focused I linked something from the original devs that stated, otherwise why else would there be 
    You quoted me saying stuff I didnt say after I answered your question about the original plans for pvp so if anyone is looking for a fight it is you. 
    dude I am no longer intrested, your evaise non-answer told me what I needed to know, move on.
    Maybe you should move on, but before you do please show me were I said this 
    "not saying your view and reasoning is bad I am just saying [red}what you said and your reason for not being intrested seems to suggest the game is heavily (instead of light) focused on pvp.[/red]" because  your lack of a reply has got me really curious.
    Asheram said:

Maybe you should move on, but before you do please show me were I said this 
    "not saying your view and reasoning is bad I am just saying [red}what you said and your reason for not being intrested seems to suggest the game is heavily (instead of light) focused on pvp.[/red]" because  your lack of a reply has got me really curious.
     I am trying to move on and no I am not doing shit on your request. I got my answer.

edited November 2017
    lol @ w/e answer you think you got. Apparently you like to misquote people as saying stuff they never said and then when called out on it get all self righteous.
    The conversation would have ended a long ago if you had said "oh my bad that wasn't you that was someone else" or something similar. 
    Honestly I think thats the only reason I kept responding to you as I usually skip past your comments
    edited November 2017
    Asheram said:
    lol @ w/e answer you think you got. Apparently you like to misquote people as saying stuff they never said and then when called out on it get all self righteous.
    your evasion to a simple question told me my hunch about the game is correct. Its not heavily pvp focused.

if it is, this is your last chance to say it.
    keep it fucking short, I will take as confirmation of my assumptions if the answer is long, its really a yes or no

Asheram said:
    like I said, you answered my question indirectly a long time ago and now I know more about you then you might even know about yourself. but I am trying to move on. can you help me with that?

Asheram said:
    sorry that one went over my head, whats the joke?

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Way to necro and troll a thread from April Sean.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

Nilden said:
    oh hi there!

so what do you think about The Repopulation coming back to Steam?

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,881
    edited November 2017
    EDIT: Sorry I didn't notice this was a necro. /EDIT
    HolyAvengerOne

SEANMCAD said:
    Nilden said:
    oh hi there!

I dunno scroll up and read what I wrote back in March, or click the link to the steamcharts that has an average of 3 people playing it now, you intellectual giant you. :)

Nilden said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Nilden said:
    oh hi there!

I dunno scroll up and read what I wrote back in March, or click the link to the steamcharts that has an average of 3 people playing it now, you intellectual giant you. :)
    if you cant recall and thus 'dont know' as you say what you wrote back in march I am not sure we should have the conversation. 

sorry about that.

SEANMCAD said:
    Nilden said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Nilden said:
    oh hi there!

if you cant recall and thus 'dont know' as you say what you wrote back in march I am not sure we should have the conversation. 

sorry about that.
    My post from March is literally two post above your necro. Still feel exactly the same. Did you need me to quote it for you?

Nilden said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Nilden said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Nilden said:
    oh hi there!

sorry about that.
    My post from March is literally two post above your necro. Still feel exactly the same. Did you need me to quote it for you?
    yes....but given 'you dont know' I am not sure if your memory is going to be good enough to have the conversation, do you?

Well that and if answering a question is that hard I dont think we should. I vote no

• PurplePoloPlayerPurplePoloPlayer Member UncommonPosts: 145
    The Repopulation is like herpes. It sort of flares up from time to time, it's aggravating for a bit, and then it goes away. 
    IselinHolyAvengerOneConstantineMerus
    Check out my stream at www.twitch.tv/purplepoloplayer!
    The Repopulation is like herpes. It sort of flares up from time to time, it's aggravating for a bit, and then it goes away. 
    Must be painful for you, its unfortunate, sorry you have to endure that.

• HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708
    SEANMCAD said:
    Must be painful for you, its unfortunate, sorry you have to endure that.
    Why are you necrotrolling this thread? Honest question. Looks boring af. Getting entertained?
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited November 2017
    He's a complicated man that no one understands, except his woman.  ...does he have a woman?

But seriously, I never knew necrotrolling was a thing until now.  Yipe Oo
  • HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708
    Lol!!

Me neither, but he forced my hand.