Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Repopulation back on Steam

SarreneSarrene Member UncommonPosts: 38
Beginning tomorrow, Sunday, March 26th 2017 at 6PM EDT (11pm GMT) Steam sales for The Repopulation will be available!
Currently only the silver package $19.99 is able to be purchased. We will be adjusting this in the future so players may bump up their packages or purchase a higher tier from the start. Stand alone client purchases through Hero Engine will be available at a later date, stay tuned!

https://therepopulation.com/forums/repopulation/news-and-announcements/repop-back-on-steam-12934

Comments

• HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708
    You're too fast :dizzy: Beat me to the punch ;)

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Back on steam roll in those bucks who cares that the game is in the same state as it was when it was shut down over a year ago
  • alivenaliven Member UncommonPosts: 346
    Asheram said:
    Back on steam roll in those bucks who cares that the game is in the same state as it was when it was shut down over a year ago
    Hey, gamers are a group who will buy shit any time, any day. Just put some glorified words like "indie", "reimagination of cult classic", "open world pvp with full loot", "mmo from asia", "survival expirince", "kickstarter", "early access" and they will choke on your shit. And would still want more, after bitching they dont like the smell. 
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Steam definitely needs more curation, for the Repop to be on sale there is a bit disturbing, someone gullible might actually buy it thinking its a working game etc.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Phry said:
    Steam definitely needs more curation, for the Repop to be on sale there is a bit disturbing, someone gullible might actually buy it thinking its a working game etc.
    If they didn't read the prominently displayed Early Access disclaimers, that could happen, yes !

Just like it could happen with ANY Early Access game on Steam...

Repopulation was on sale in 2015 as an Early Access title. It went into cold storage for a year, and is once again on sale as an Early Access game (with a new dev team backed by Idea Fabrik, the makers of the Hero Engine).

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Phry said:
    If they didn't read the prominently displayed Early Access disclaimers, that could happen, yes !

Repopulation was on sale in 2015 as an Early Access title. It went into cold storage for a year, and is once again on sale as an Early Access game (with a new dev team backed by Idea Fabrik, the makers of the Hero Engine).

The fact that the hero engine people have been involved makes me even less optimistic about it. What a steaming pile of crap that engine is.
    Phry said:
    It's actually a working game! And we had a bunch of people come over on Discord and the forums asking for when they can buy it.

So I trust people can look everything up and make an informed decision about buying it in the current state of things or not. There's nothing hidden or sneaky there.
    karmath said:
    Phry said:

The fact that the hero engine people have been involved makes me even less optimistic about it. What a steaming pile of crap that engine is.
    What makes you say it's a bad engine? I mean, you've seen Repop showing poor performances and server unstability, ok. What else do you know about the engine, as opposed to the game?
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,052
    I'm excited for it, we'll see how it goes. Take your negativity elsewhere.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,737
    Im not sure which EA is more detrimental to gaming.......
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    http://steamcharts.com/app/322300

With a grand total peek players on Steam of 112.

Oh well I guess I'll try it out again... but don't expect it to be around long when some MUDs have more players than that.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

edited March 2017

They shutdown and wiped  the west coast server right before they put the game in limbo but the announcement with the transfer your chars the server closing was buried in the forums instead of being put on the steam game page so I lost everything and have to start over. Bass turds.
  • ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 758
    Well......... I paid $150 in 2012 as a backer. The beta was supposed to start later that year. It didn't. All their promises for further beta starts came to nothing and I gave up even following the game several years ago now. Then I saw the announcement that the new owners were relaunching and thought I'd give it one more try. I installed the Hero Engine client with the Repop build a couple of weeks ago... and nothing. All I got was a system message that the server was sleeping. I discovered you could wake it but that did nothing either. Finally, I decided the repop was always going to be a lost cause and uninstalled everything last week.

I don't think I'll waste my time on it again and wouldn't recommend anyone else to.
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    So it's the same as it was when it shut down. The inventory is so bad, if you are going to make crafting with multiple recipes requiring multiple ingredients, for fucks sake make all the items stack and give people lots of inventory space.

My characters were still there but the game needs at least a year or more of work on it. What a waste of time with the Fracture thing. So useless. I'm betting this will just be closed and shutdown again.

Not going to invest any time into it until it gets out of early access or more likely if it gets out of early access.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    OG_Zorvan said:
    I'm only keeping an eye on it because I love slow motion train wrecks.
    why in the world would someone love slow motion train wrecks? how odd.

anyway...will be intresting to see if it reboots properly

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

edited November 2017
    OG_Zorvan said:
    I'm only keeping an eye on it because I love slow motion train wrecks.
    One bee is ABT the other is IF.

MadFrenchieHolyAvengerOne
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    This game was dead for me when they decided to allow both tab/target and aim to shoot.  They adavertised it as aim to shoot...but then allowed the tab/target .  Once you allow tab target, you lose aim to shoot as tab / target will always have an advantage.  

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    SirBalin said:
    This game was dead for me when they decided to allow both tab/target and aim to shoot.  They adavertised it as aim to shoot...but then allowed the tab/target .  Once you allow tab target, you lose aim to shoot as tab / target will always have an advantage.  
    That's true. Although some people might prefer to aim at the enemies with a mouse even if it is easier to use tab target. Also the hitboxes could be incredibly large to accommodate for that. 
    SirBalin said:
    That's true. Although some people might prefer to aim at the enemies with a mouse even if it is easier to use tab target. Also the hitboxes could be incredibly large to accommodate for that. 
    what is the attraction of the games ruleset that pvp would be a central focus for someone?

I ask because I dont know the game well but my impression is that its not really pvp focused

SEANMCAD said:
    SirBalin said:
    what is the attraction of the games ruleset that pvp would be a central focus for someone?

I ask because I dont know the game well but my impression is that its not really pvp focused
    Well I dont know what the focus is now from the new company who made it sit unplayable for over a year but the original company had plans for pvp.

"Welcome to The Repopulation Wiki
    The Repopulation is a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. The action takes place on the planet Rhyldan, with the only known remaining human population fighting for their very existence. The indigenous life forms did not meet their colonization efforts with open arms. Worse yet, humans have managed to splinter themselves into warring factions."
    Asheram said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SirBalin said:

Well I dont know what the focus is now from the new company who made it sit unplayable for over a year but the original company had plans for pvp.

The Repopulation is a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. The action takes place on the planet Rhyldan, with the only known remaining human population fighting for their very existence. The indigenous life forms did not meet their colonization efforts with open arms. Worse yet, humans have managed to splinter themselves into warring factions."
    no I am not asking 'does the game have pvp' but rather what about it would be a central focus for a player of which some aspect of specifically pvp would become a deal breaker for them.

not saying your view and reasoning is bad I am just saying what you said and your reason for not being intrested seems to suggest the game is heavily (instead of light) focused on pvp.

does that make my question more clear or still confusing?

SEANMCAD said:
    Asheram said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SirBalin said:

no I am not asking 'does the game have pvp' but rather what about it would be a central focus for a player of which some aspect of specifically pvp would become a deal breaker for them.

not saying your view and reasoning is bad I am just saying what you said and your reason for not being intrested seems to suggest the game is heavily (instead of light) focused on pvp.

I never said I wasn't interested in the game regardless of what kind of pvp it had else I wouldn't have paid $35 for it back in 2014. I was just saying I believe the original devs had plans for faction war type of pvp so I see why SirBalin would be disappointed with have both tab targeting and free aim targeting.
    Asheram said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Asheram said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SirBalin said:

I never said I wasn't interested in the game regardless of what kind of pvp it had else I wouldn't have paid $35 for it back in 2014. I was just saying I believe the original devs had plans for faction war type of pvp so I see why SirBalin would be disappointed with have both tab targeting and free aim targeting.
    nevermind it was just a question of curiosity your clearly not intrested in answering. nevermind its not worth it

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    SirBalin said:
    Aim to shoot does have advantage in TR because it enables limb targeting--doing headshots would do more damage for example, which can't be done in tab targeting. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    SirBalin said:
    Aim to shoot does have advantage in TR because it enables limb targeting--doing headshots would do more damage for example, which can't be done in tab targeting. 
    if the game was DOTA, or COD or even Darkfall I could see why something like that would be a deal breaker for them but I didnt know this game was that focused on pvp so much so that some pvp advantage would make someone want to not play the entire game...intresting

but to be clear, this is very honestly a game in which I dont know a great deal about