Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-Alpha Progress Update - Chronicles of Elyria Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2017 in Videos Discussion

imagePre-Alpha Progress Update - Chronicles of Elyria Videos - MMORPG.com

The Chronicles of Elyria team has published a new video to give new fans or interested backers a chance to see what the game is and what the team has planned as the game progresses through its pre-alpha phase of development. There's a lot of new footage including customization options as well as environments and characters in action.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    edited October 2017
    Anyone else find it humorous that they reused footage from their "Pre-Alpha" First Look from March of 2016 in their Progress Update over a year and a half later?

AlomarTekkonJamesGoblinDakeru

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Anyone else find it humorous that they reused footage from their "Pre-Alpha" First Look from March of 2016 in their Progress Update over a year and a half later?

I dont know if humorous is the word I would use. I think sad would be a better fit.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    edited November 2017
    Another over-ambitious MMO attempt that will be hit hard by the reality of MMO development? We shall see, I was excited when i first learned about CoE but i am afraid that they are biting more than they can chew without even having the core system in place and we all know how this usually turns out.
    Post edited by Galadourn on
  • TekkonTekkon Member UncommonPosts: 27

Almost 6½ mins of video and that's the amount of shit you can throw at them? Either they've stepped up their game or you're slipping, Slapshot.
    Tekkon said:

Almost 6½ mins of video and that's the amount of shit you can throw at them? Either they've stepped up their game or you're slipping, Slapshot.
    That a year and a half passed and they couldn't find new footage but had to reuse stuff for the "PROGRESS VIDEO" speaks to the progress just fine.  And it was a jest.. a joke... believe me.. they have much larger issues than simply reusing old footage for a progress video.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Tekkon said:

That a year and a half passed and they couldn't find new footage but had to reuse stuff for the "PROGRESS VIDEO" speaks to the progress just fine.  And it was a jest.. a joke... believe me.. they have much larger issues than simply reusing old footage for a progress video.

I think the problem is people dont get your jokes. maybe they arent smart enough not sure but help us out here, explain the joke and maybe even explain why you feel this is the place for a joke

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

The joke would be hinted at in the very first sentence:

"Anyone else find it HUMOROUS that..."

Humor = funny.  Usually when you have a progress video you do not show the same footage that you showed in your "First Look" footage a year and a half ago.   Be definition.. showing the same thing means nothing changed = no progress.   

Again though... this is a mole hill.  They have much more significant mountains to climb than a mistake in a PR video.

Humor = funny.  Usually when you have a progress video you do not show the same footage that you showed in your "First Look" footage a year and a half ago.   Be definition.. showing the same thing means nothing changed = no progress.   

Again though... this is a mole hill.  They have much more significant mountains to climb than a mistake in a PR video.

yeah..no progress.. 

so what, how is that funny exactly? anyway. maybe lay off the attempts at being a comedian? I think it might not be your thing.

SEANMCAD said:

yeah..no progress.. 

so what, how is that funny exactly? anyway. maybe lay off the attempts at being a comedian? I think it might not be your thing.
    Thanks for you ever insightful commentary.
    xyzercrimeDakeru

SEANMCAD said:

yeah..no progress.. 

Thanks for you ever insightful commentary.
    oh nice!

your a very welcome, sorry to divert there a bit

• MatimusmaximusMatimusmaximus Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Why any Studio attempts to make an MMO look "realistic" they take so long to make that they look out dated by the time they are released. They would be much much better off going with simpler art. It doesn't have to look anime but they should have chosen a look that would age better.