Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7daystodie only 10 bucks on steam

13»

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Kyleran said:
    SEANMCAD said: 
    Kyleran said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Kyleran said:

this is what was said, I take you on your word and its a stupid reason to buy a game
    It's called making a facetious remark,  one of the more subtle mechanisms in the English language to convey wry humor.

please go back on some of my responses to that point and maybe you will understand why I think the so called 'facetious'' remark is based more on truth then not.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=452XjnaHr1A&ved=0ahUKEwjbh8KaqZ7XAhXFLyYKHfGeDPkQt9IBCGQwEQ&usg=AOvVaw3soAfzME5AO46okD4280_i

I say again please go back and read what I wrote on this subject and you will understand why you so called facetious remark is based more on truth then not.

please do that or stop responding with links and words I am not going to bother with
    The links aren't for you, the cause is lost.
    if the links are not for me then maybe you should not put them in a reply to me. 
    Kyleran

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    SEANMCAD said:
    Kyleran said:

It's called a joke. Have you never heard someone say "If it sucks, I'm blaming you!".

please go back on some of my responses to that point and maybe you will understand why I think the so called 'facetious'' remark is based more on truth then not.
    The top most quote is why I am not sure SEANMCAD has real life friends, because if he did, he would have definitely heard someone say, "if it sucks, i'm blaming you!". 

I guess you feel Kyleran is attacking you secretly with the "truth in jest" type of comment. Often times, truth in jest, is true, but the phrase, "if it sucks, i'm blaming you!" is a common one used amongst friends. Most people take it not as "truth in jest" but more as a pseudo silver lining to be pseudo-mad at a person.

It's like, if your friend says, "dude, I just had sex with the hottest girl in school." A normal response by a friend could be, "Man, I hate you" or "you bastard". It would be immediately followed by, "how" and rapt attention.  The reality of the phrase, "Man, I hate you" is not to be taken literally. It doesn't mean you hate your friend, it means that, it is well known that your friend achieved such a "wanted thing" that you are jealous of him so much to the point you hate him. Taken in context it means, "You achieved the unachievable, great job dude, i'm super jealous". Other examples, may be, "Hey dude, I just got the most uber drop ever" or "Hey dude, I scored game 7 World Series tickets?"

FYI:
    Friends are real people that spend time with each other outside of work or school. or video games. Facebook friends don't count.  

Cryomatrix
    RexKushman
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
    edited November 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    Kyleran said:

It's called a joke. Have you never heard someone say "If it sucks, I'm blaming you!".

The top most quote is why I am not sure SEANMCAD has real life friends, because if he did, he would have definitely heard someone say, "if it sucks, i'm blaming you!". 

I guess you feel Kyleran is attacking you secretly with the "truth in jest" type of comment. Often times, truth in jest, is true, but the phrase, "if it sucks, i'm blaming you!" is a common one used amongst friends. Most people take it not as "truth in jest" but more as a pseudo silver lining to be pseudo-mad at a person.

It's like, if your friend says, "dude, I just had sex with the hottest girl in school." A normal response by a friend could be, "Man, I hate you" or "you bastard". It would be immediately followed by, "how" and rapt attention.  The reality of the phrase, "Man, I hate you" is not to be taken literally. It doesn't mean you hate your friend, it means that, it is well known that your friend achieved such a "wanted thing" that you are jealous of him so much to the point you hate him. Taken in context it means, "You achieved the unachievable, great job dude, i'm super jealous". Other examples, may be, "Hey dude, I just got the most uber drop ever" or "Hey dude, I scored game 7 World Series tickets?"

FYI:
    Friends are real people that spend time with each other outside of work or school. or video games. Facebook friends don't count.  

Cryomatrix
    Yes I have heard that, no I dont have those friends and no he didnt mean it that way.

he was being intentionally mean which is common place here but in addition to that he was pre-framing disappointment for himself.

I do not joke or kid when I say what I see here on game forums is a very high volume negativity about all games no matter what, very negative with zero desire to improve ones life condition. 

That is what this person sees 
    Kyleran

• JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    No idea how anyone could enjoy this game. Bought it, played it and quickly refunded it.
    Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
    JakeSim said:
    No idea how anyone could enjoy this game. Bought it, played it and quickly refunded it.
    it can be a really hard game for some people and that kind of turns them off to it. but its still very popular.

SEANMCAD said:
    JakeSim said:
    it can be a really hard game for some people and that kind of turns them off to it. but its still very popular.
    Wasn't necessarily "hard". The whole thing was a turn off (for me).

Graphics, gameplay, UI, etc.

JakeSim said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    JakeSim said:

your more into the standard model of game play like Witcher or something like that I assume. I find such game play horid so I can understand different strokes different folks

SEANMCAD said:
    JakeSim said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    JakeSim said:

your more into the standard model of game play like Witcher or something like that I assume. I find such game play horid so I can understand different strokes different folks
    Naw I wont touch single player games with a stick.

I like Survival games and am all for them. Just not 7Days and a few others.

JakeSim said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    JakeSim said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    JakeSim said:

Naw I wont touch single player games with a stick.

I like Survival games and am all for them. Just not 7Days and a few others.
    oh well I wouldnt play 7 days to die for MP either for that matter.

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    JakeSim said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    JakeSim said:

It’s not hard AT ALL. The mobs are so predictable you can figure out how many head shots are required by any tier of any weapon in the game. Anyone with half a brain can figure it out in a matter of minutes. 

Even the hardcore game modes are the same predictable mobs, just more of them.

edited November 2017
    JakeSim said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    JakeSim said:

It’s not hard AT ALL. The mobs are so predictable you can figure out how many head shots are required by any tier of any weapon in the game. Anyone with half a brain can figure it out in a matter of minutes. 

Even the hardcore game modes are the same predictable mobs, just more of them.
    there is some truth to that, the problem is they keep changing the balance and even some core mechanics and I havent played in awhile but yeah the last time I played it was easy, but when I started out it was really hard (and of course I expect you to contradict that statement I would be shocked if you dont).

anyway, he likes Destiny which blows my mind but I guess some people have no taste (i mean are just different from me HA!) but as long as your having fun in the game you select then there isnt a problem to be solved in the first place! right?

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    JakeSim said:

You don't think everyone likes what you like, right?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Talonsin said:
    I got it back in 2014 and have several hundred hours in it.  It was a lot of fun even back then.  For 10 bucks, it is a nice little survival game.

My short review.

I played the hell out of this game back around 2015 or so.

To me it was always a working full game with no bugs.  It's an absolute great game, always has been.  Recently two others from work started over with me. 

The game has evolved much much deeper in crafting.  It used to be much easer to craft and find things around the world than it is now.

A good example ( of many ): 
    - Find a cinder block on the ground, smash it now you have a concrete block. Now you have to spend points is talents to specialize, and find parts to make a concrete mixer.  Same with everything you do.

Find guns in loot storage and drops from zombies.  Now you find only parts and on rare occasions find a full one.... Same with all ammo, this has to be crafted and in short supply.  This too you must spend points to specialize.  Same with mini bikes and augers and everything.  

So yes, the game is way deeper and much more work.  This isn't a bad thing, just hard core crafting...... Now you really really need to like crafting ! 

I think the reason it evolved this way, because the game has a very large following of servers for group play, where everyone can have individual roles, and much deeper cooperation.

This is better for groups, much more tedious for single player. Still fun just way more tedious. 

It's a game where you would play for a week and realize you should have played differently, and you WILL BE starting over with a better strategy. 
    This was a very insightful post, thanks for sharing the details on what I can expect.

This change in crafting design plus comments about combat getting easier since launch highlights why I generally eschew early access.

I don't care for change, and I likely would have preferred the more simplified crafting model as I don't like crafting in general.

But I haven't tried a modern crafting game so perhaps this will be a good one to give it a go.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Talonsin said:
    I got it back in 2014 and have several hundred hours in it.  It was a lot of fun even back then.  For 10 bucks, it is a nice little survival game.

My short review.

To me it was always a working full game with no bugs.  It's an absolute great game, always has been.  Recently two others from work started over with me. 

The game has evolved much much deeper in crafting.  It used to be much easer to craft and find things around the world than it is now.

- Find a cinder block on the ground, smash it now you have a concrete block. Now you have to spend points is talents to specialize, and find parts to make a concrete mixer.  Same with everything you do.

Find guns in loot storage and drops from zombies.  Now you find only parts and on rare occasions find a full one.... Same with all ammo, this has to be crafted and in short supply.  This too you must spend points to specialize.  Same with mini bikes and augers and everything.  

So yes, the game is way deeper and much more work.  This isn't a bad thing, just hard core crafting...... Now you really really need to like crafting ! 

I think the reason it evolved this way, because the game has a very large following of servers for group play, where everyone can have individual roles, and much deeper cooperation.

This is better for groups, much more tedious for single player. Still fun just way more tedious. 

It's a game where you would play for a week and realize you should have played differently, and you WILL BE starting over with a better strategy. 
    I don't care for change, and I likely would have preferred the more simplified crafting model as I don't like crafting in general.

absolutely positively wrong game for you then, its a crafting building centric game

I would suggest learning how to know what your getting into before you buy something though and not rely on other people so much.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    SEANMCAD said:
    Kyleran said:
    Talonsin said:

My short review.

absolutely positively wrong game for you then, its a crafting building centric game

I would suggest learning how to know what your getting into before you buy something though and not rely on other people so much.
    You are probably correct, playing Fallout 4 last night and these "settlers" kept asking me to build stuff for them. 

After about 4 or 5 requests to build beds, chairs and water pumps I went off to slaughter hordes of super mutants my BOS commander insisted needed immediate clearing.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon