Today they gave players the ability to join a "militia", which effectively lets you participate in sieges, without having to be part of one of the PvP guilds. "Platoons" was also added, which are basically "raid" groups - so you can be in a party with more than 5 people.
- Militia content for Conquest War has been updated.
- Click < Here > to find out the fine details in the Militia Guide.
- Players can now join and participate in the Conquest War even if your guild is not one of the participating guilds in the Conquest War.
- Militia is a group of mercenary adventurers that play a role in assisting the participating guilds.
- Only the adventurers whose combined AP/DP is 400 or up can join Militia.
- Select which role you want to play! Choose form either the Offensive Militia or Defensive Militia.
- Join a Militia, play in Conquest War, and win some rewards!
- Players can apply to join the Militia starting an hour before the Conquest War, for 45 minutes, on Saturdays, on the first servers of Calpheon, Mediah, and Valencia. 50 spots are available per each offensive and defensive side. (Maximum of 100 players total per region)
- If there are no guilds challenging the reigning guild, then only Offensive Militia is available to join. In this case, maximum of 100 Offensive Militia spots are available to join.
- You can apply for both Offensive and Defensive Militia even if your guild does not hold a node in the relevant territory. Only 10 players maximum from the same guild can apply for the Militia in the same region.
- If the number of applicants is below 50% (50 players) of the maximum Militia positions available (Offensive and Defensive combined), the Militia will not be able to join the war.
- If a player withdraws his/her application for the Militia, he/she cannot reapply for the same war session.
- Liberated territories are not open to Militia application.
- The Offensive and Defensive Militia will be in the action from 2 to 3 hours (depending on the defense) starting at the same time of the Conquest War.
- Defensive Militia will win if the Defensive Guild wins, and Offensive Militia will win if the Command Post of the Defensive Guild is destroyed. The participants in the winning Militia will be rewarded with 20 Million Guild Funds per player. (The reward is subject to change at a later time)
- When dying while participating as a Militia, players can revive from Town or a designated revive location. Revival times are the same as normal Conquest War participants.
- Militia members can communicate using Militia only chat channel.
- The Militia can only attack players on the opposing side. However, non-Militia members participating in the Conquest War can attack all Militia players even if they are on the same side. (For example, Defensive Militia cannot attack the Defensive Guild, but the Defensive Guild can attack Defensive Militia.)
- Adventurers participating in the Conquest War will not lose Karma even when killing others with forced PVP.
My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)