Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ship of Heroes - Discord Q&A Wrap Report - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageShip of Heroes - Discord Q&A Wrap Report - MMORPG.com

The forum users at the Ship of Heroes forum are an inquisitive folk, and we got together for a Question and Answer discussion on Discord. It was a lively group, and there were no softballs. This group was well versed in what was known about the game, and already knew the answers to the softball-type questions.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351
    I just hope it has the awesome charcter coustomation like coh-cov did.
  • syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    what was so great about it? it was not that amazing i remember.
    Nibs
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    teleport travel power? pleaseeee make it like COH!!!!
  • DavodtheTuttDavodtheTutt Member UncommonPosts: 415

syltmacka said:

what was so great about it? it was not that amazing i remember.

Say WHAAAT? I guess maybe not if you're impressed by the fad these days of having sliders for every teeny-weeny facial detail -- on your must-select pick of 3 to 5 races that mostly look like humans! Some do have a couple really different pre-set races, GW2 for example, and some have at least one more-or-less Furry type.

But with City of Heroes, there weren't any pre-set races you had to pick from. You could make anything from a tiny pixie to a huge, hulking monster! I had a character or two with the "huge" build that were only 3 or 4 feet tall! By the end, they had several Furry options, a bird head, wings of all sorts...okay, the wings had to be added later... and you could have a range from a hook for one hand all the way up to being completely robotic! You could be a giant bug! Or several different forms of alien! Or Santa Claus! Or Zeus! Or a humanoid plant!

Even today, the only games that have that sort of range are City of Champions and DCUO. Even Marvel Online, with it's little toy-figure isometric view, forces you to select from their own stable of heroes (many of which are not much like the ones in the comics and movies).
  • DavodtheTuttDavodtheTutt Member UncommonPosts: 415
    I enjoy these updates on Ship of Heroes, but isn't there ever any news on Valiance or City of Titans? Or is there some sort of exclusive arrangement here?
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    I enjoy these updates on Ship of Heroes, but isn't there ever any news on Valiance or City of Titans? Or is there some sort of exclusive arrangement here?
    I think their marketing/PR guys just happen to be better than the others. Plus, I don't recall the others updating the public this frequently. It's been a while since I've checked their sites however.
    DavodtheTutt

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097

I think their marketing/PR guys just happen to be better than the others. Plus, I don't recall the others updating the public this frequently. It's been a while since I've checked their sites however.

While SoH does have a marketing guy on board who is very good, a lot of the visible updates and reports comes from fans, like me. This is the 2nd article I have written about SoH, and fans have written/ made other articles, such as Nephthys on this site and on 2P.com, and the Positive Gamer on YouTube.
    Azaron_NightbladeDavodtheTutt

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    GladDog said:

While SoH does have a marketing guy on board who is very good, a lot of the visible updates and reports comes from fans, like me. This is the 2nd article I have written about SoH, and fans have written/ made other articles, such as Nephthys on this site and on 2P.com, and the Positive Gamer on YouTube.
    It has more devoted fans than the competition then! :D

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• lunawisplunawisp Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Great article... but then I'm biased. I like the idea of SoH and have put my money where my mouth is - keeping everything crossed now :)

I'm really into superhero MMO's and science fiction so the idea of heroes in a space ship ticks two of my boxes right off the bat. I quite like the look of the other superhero games being developed as well. I think they're all sufficiently different to be able to co-exist quite nicely.

As far as CoH's costume designer goes, yes it's pretty basic by today's standards but, remember, it was created over a decade ago. At the time, nothing even remotely close to it was available out there. SoH's costume designer looks good to me. It's still in development, of course, and has just undergone some testing by a number of future players so there'll be some more improvements on the way soon.
    lunawisp was my peacebringer in City of Heroes. She lives on, in memory, as my gaming id
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    afaik valiance online is on alpha , and looks good so far gameplay 30 october: city of titans twitch stream september 2017 (french )
    DavodtheTutt
  • Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462

If you follow them on Facebook or watch them while they're on Twitch you can see a lot of cool stuff going on. Far as City of Titans.