Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The 10 Most Wanted MMOs of 2018 - The List - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe 10 Most Wanted MMOs of 2018 - The List - MMORPG.com

I think it’s probably safe to say that the big releases for MMOs in 2017 have come and gone. Unless Blizzard shocks the world and magically puts out an expansion to WoW as a surprise Christmas gift, we’re already looking forward to 2018. So strap on your hype-belts, and board the hype-train, as it’s time to look forward to 2018 and hope it’s far, far better than 2017. This is our list of the 10 Most Wanted MMOs of 2018.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    I'm pretty sure those are in NO particular order.
    CapodecinaArghimo

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• IroncladIronclad Member UncommonPosts: 71
    If the past is any example, I'm sure we'll be let down hard.
    CapodecinaCyber_wastelandanemoKootur
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    How can CoE.. which has a current ETA for the end of 2019.. be on the "Most Wanted MMOs of 2018" list?

WTF?
    Asm0deusJamesGoblinAlomarGdemamiwaynejr2ZombieCat[Deleted User]Mabushiidaltanious

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• DaranarDaranar Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Can't wait what news we might get from Pantheon in 2018! Doubt we will be playing it next year, but perhaps more testing us poor people can get into.
    Donamir

If I want a world in which people can purchase success and power with cash, I'll play Real Life. Keep Virtual Worlds Virtual!

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

How can CoE.. which has a current ETA for the end of 2019.. be on the "Most Wanted MMOs of 2018" list?

WTF?

For this article, we’re going to focus on not only the games we expect to launch in 2018, but also games we expect to enter some form of early access, public beta, and games we expect to see expansions from. After all, it’s common now for a beta to be treated as a release, and even more common for a veteran MMO to have a stellar expansion that gets everyone playing again. That said, it’s nebulous whether the next FFXIV expansion will be in 2018 or in 2019, so we left that off for now. Could it hit for Christmas next year? Possibly! Consider this it’s honorable mention, but now, read on.
    Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/columns/the-10-most-wanted-mmos-of-2018-1000012193#rPgQqAlQGggHs8MP.99
    DragnelusJamesGoblinAlomar[Deleted User]waynejr2ConstantineMerusNildenZandogSamhaelTalonsinand 4 others.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

WTF?
    because its marketing approach that is very effective.

Keep consumers looking to the future instead of what is out now.
    I am not saying MMORPG.Com is doing that, I dont think they are. I am suggesting the results themselves is a result of peoples opinion being swayed by the publishers. sorry complex to explain

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982

WTF?

For this article, we’re going to focus on not only the games we expect to launch in 2018, but also games we expect to enter some form of early access, public beta, and games we expect to see expansions from. After all, it’s common now for a beta to be treated as a release, and even more common for a veteran MMO to have a stellar expansion that gets everyone playing again. That said, it’s nebulous whether the next FFXIV expansion will be in 2018 or in 2019, so we left that off for now. Could it hit for Christmas next year? Possibly! Consider this it’s honorable mention, but now, read on.
    Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/columns/the-10-most-wanted-mmos-of-2018-1000012193#rPgQqAlQGggHs8MP.99
    Then under those rules... how could Star Citizen possibly not make the list with it's $163M+ of voting by wallet?
    JamesGoblinAlomarobiiAzaron_NightbladeGdemamiwaynejr2ZandogSamhaelTalonsincheeseontoastand 1 other.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    So is this the personal list of the writer?
    MikehaAlomarSamhaelHariken

WTF?

Then under those rules... how could Star Citizen possibly not make the list with it's $163M+ of voting by wallet?
    because technically it would not be this year but years prior.

So its a bit hard because also one could argue that every year is SC until offical release but that would not be fair either. So maybe it is mostly just marketing
    [Deleted User]

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

WTF?

Maybe they consider SC already launched by those rules?

It already is available in some form for backers and 3.0 is coming "soon"

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited October 2017
    /SMH

Bless should be #1 because its actually confirmed for 2018.

Crowfall might be confirmed too but not sure. LOL at the expansions.
    PhryAzaron_NightbladeRevofire
  • DeathleecherDeathleecher Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Lol Crowfall as number 1. this must be a joke :D

PUIRE PVP game as nr 1. :D Im lolling like CRAZY. And they have taken forever to make the game!
    JamesGoblinAlomarsasa777[Deleted User]
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    Ashes of Creation is a ways of maybe they will have a Alpha next year.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Kyleran said:

WTF?

Maybe they consider SC already launched by those rules?

It already is available in some form for backers and 3.0 is coming "soon"

Sure, but last year it got snubbed because they didn't think it would be out in 2017. Ironically, Pantheon was #1 on that list of most wanted, but hey! Who's keeping track, right? :smile:

Attica! Attica! 
    ConstantineMerus

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    2018 won't change anything for the MMORPG genre. Stale, niche titles with very little chance of wide scale success. The only thing I agree with is that 2018 will have a bit more entertainment than 2017, which isn't saying much.
    Kyleran
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    Nice to see Crowfall on the top of MMORPG.com list (again!) and Camelot Unchained in top 3! <3 <br />

(...tho, frankly, 2018 will most likely see them in betas - rather than launched)
    Slapshot1188White_Lotus
     W...aaagh?
    Coated said:
    2018 won't change anything for the MMORPG genre. Stale, niche titles with very little chance of wide scale success. The only thing I agree with is that 2018 will have a bit more entertainment than 2017, which isn't saying much.
    so there is a trap.

If a game is not the standard forumla then its niche, but if its a standard forumla then its dry and we complain that it never changes.

KyutaSyukoDavodtheTuttmgilbrtsnOctagon7711Donamir

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Well, i am keeping my fingers crossed for Camelot Unchained, but as for the rest, its all a bit meh honestly, also, are most of those games even going to release in 2018?
    Alomar
  • CostaniusCostanius Member UncommonPosts: 231
    You forgot Dual Universe in this list! Its in pre-alpha now and will be a rival to Star Citizen! I'm really looking forward to this in 2018!
    KyleranDavodtheTutt

-----------------------------------
    Life is too short to play bad games.

• KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Where's Monster Hunter World?
    Ozmodan
  • beebop500beebop500 Member UncommonPosts: 217
    This list is cool and all, but what we should all REALLY be excited for are the 64,513,786 "F2P with Cash Shop" games that are going to release in 2018! Fun, fun! And 90% of them will be hyped as the "next big thing(s)" so you can be sure your disappointment will once again be off the scale in 2018. No rest for the weary in today's entitled, whining, "F2P or Bust" MMO market!

And that's not even to mention the 616,000 new crowdfunded games we will be assailed with over the course of next year! I mean, the hype for some of those is already up in the stratosphere, and they don't even have functional demos! Hoo boy, I'm already so stoked for 2018's awesome slate of "new" MMOs, I need a cold shower!
    "We are all as God made us, and many of us much worse." - Don Quixote
  • Leguma11Leguma11 Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Sucks if thats what we have to wait for as MMOS ..... ohh well ... better luck next century i guess
    DavodtheTuttHariken
    beebop500 said:
    This list is cool and all, but what we should all REALLY be excited for are the 64,513,786 "F2P with Cash Shop" games that are going to release in 2018! Fun, fun! And 90% of them will be hyped as the "next big thing(s)" so you can be sure your disappointment will once again be off the scale in 2018. No rest for the weary in today's entitled, whining, "F2P or Bust" MMO market!

And that's not even to mention the 616,000 new crowdfunded games we will be assailed with over the course of next year! I mean, the hype for some of those is already up in the stratosphere, and they don't even have functional demos! Hoo boy, I'm already so stoked for 2018's awesome slate of "new" MMOs, I need a cold shower!
    again its a trap

On the one hand people complain about the status quo and want changes but on the other hand they refuse to play any game other than those in the status quo that are the same....aka cash shops

• berlightberlight Member UncommonPosts: 345
    edited October 2017
    I'm pretty sure the most anticipated mmo for 2018 is...the wow expansion. Aren't we all anxious for that or what?! <.<
    AlomarDavodtheTutt

Beta tester maniac

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

Ironclad said:

If the past is any example, I'm sure we'll be let down hard.

They should do a review about two years later to see how the games on those top ten lists actually did. I wonder how the top ten anticipated for 2015 or 2016 have done.
    SamhaelDavodtheTuttMabushii

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey