Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Curse of Osiris DLC Coming on December 5th - Destiny 2 Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageCurse of Osiris DLC Coming on December 5th - Destiny 2 Videos - MMORPG.com

During this week's Paris Games Week, Bungie revealed the release date for Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris. Players will be sent to Mercury to hunt down Osiris. "Will he be an ally or an enemy?

Read the full story here

Comments

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    how can an expansion have an expansion? isnt destiny 2 already the expansion of destiny1?
    esc-joconnorAlomarNextrix
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited October 2017
    exile01 said:
    how can an expansion have an expansion? isnt destiny 2 already the expansion of destiny1?
    No, although some accuse it being more of a DS1 1.5 version.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689

exile01 said:

Destiny 2 is it's own stand alone game continuing from destiny 1.
    Phixion13forcelimaAlomarandredoc

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• VoidfarerVoidfarer Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Are the DLC free or is there a season pass?
  • johnnychangsjohnnychangs Member UncommonPosts: 261
    Its not free, when I bought D2 there was a season pass option for extra $$.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited October 2017

Voidfarer said:

Are the DLC free or is there a season pass?

Better question to ask is what game doesn't come with a season pass these days.
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    Haha, i was beeing sarcastic. Now enjoy your 6h content for 40 dollar.
    Nextrix
  • Phixion13Phixion13 Member UncommonPosts: 190
    This a DLC or full on expansion? Let the milking commence!
    forcelimaAlomar
  • strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630
    Man what a waste of potential.
    Octagon7711
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    A night out on the town and at the strip club will run a lot more than $40...  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Phixion13 said:
    Yep. If they used a subscription model they could hold off releasing this new content for at least 6 months I reckon. Or maybe they should have held off and just pushed out a special Halloween costume, yours for only $X.

Its a real pain for a developer when they actually have to do something for their money and for those who find they actually have to pay for content as well.
    [Deleted User]Phixion13BillMurphy
  • viddiotviddiot Member UncommonPosts: 14

jircris said:

exile01 said:

Continuing from Destiny 1? That should be said loosely.
  • MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689

viddiot said:

jircris said:

exile01 said:

Continuing from Destiny 1? That should be said loosely.

Well story wise it is, sadly it leaves a lot to be desired. Still love the game though.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Tetris have more content than this game and they are already asking for money unless you got season pass talk about being shameless...
    Well at least it's easy to contact their support... oh wait you can't contact it in anyway. There is literally no way to contact support other than to create a thread in their forums and pray that your issue isn't too complicated for them to handle.
    The game have so many issues that this shouldn't have been called official launch, but early alpha testing instead.

What's more they are, so shameless that unless you paid with a credit card where you can go though your bank to get a refund you can't get a refund if you have played more than 2 hours.

It's funny how Warframe's expansion came out before Destiny 2, yet on twitch it has twice the amount of D2 viewers and that gap will only increase because D2 is slowly dying and the game has been out on PC for less than a week.
    This is Wildstar all over, except Wildstar had content and this game doesn't. People getting max light in 24 hours...
    AlomarJakeSimNextrix
  • Phixion13Phixion13 Member UncommonPosts: 190

gervaise1 said:

Phixion13 said:

Yep. If they used a subscription model they could hold off releasing this new content for at least 6 months I reckon. Or maybe they should have held off and just pushed out a special Halloween costume, yours for only $X.

Its a real pain for a developer when they actually have to do something for their money and for those who find they actually have to pay for content as well.

The game was setup to milk. I'm all for paying for content and no such thing as a free lunch - this aint that.
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    edited October 2017
    exile01 said:
    Has "Something 2" ever been an expansion? Unless you are trying to use expansion in a different context, which would be lame honestly. Then every game is an expansion.

Glad this article quickly confirmed it's coming for all platforms unlike the other 3 that popped up on my twitter feed.
    [Deleted User]
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403

Torval said:

Console players are probably ready for it. I just got to 20/224 and am just starting to gear up. The trailer is awesome so bring it on.

Thats right been playing since day one PS4 and have Warlock 305, Titan 305, Hunter 305 and 50+ weapons 305 playing casually after clearing weekly reset for all 3 classes I don't play till Tuesday again after it resets again. Regardless of being short and easy when I do play I have fun and that's all it matters to me. Looking forward for the first expac already bought it 99$ so anything they bring up is all good it's payed for.
  • LuposDavalteLuposDavalte Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Given the lack of content in the base game, some would say this should be included for free.... I would be inclined to agree.
  • acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    So I see they are still abusing the word 'expansion', but I guess 'minor paid content patch' doesn't quite have the same ring to it... I wonder if this one will also lock base game players out of half the weekly activities.
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    I almost bought destiny but nope the game is exactly what is wrong with gaming,average over priced over hyped games that SUCK!
    Nextrix
  • LostHawkLostHawk Member UncommonPosts: 56

It's funny how Warframe's expansion came out before Destiny 2, yet on twitch it has twice the amount of D2 viewers and that gap will only increase because D2 is slowly dying and the game has been out on PC for less than a week.

Warframe made their own viewbotting system at this moment so don't pay attention to how many views they get.
    If you tie your Twitch account to your Warframe account and watch streams who are affiliated with their "drops" system: you get rewards in-game so people play the game while keeping 2 or 3 Warframe Twitch streams open for free loot...
    I like the game but I don't really like how they manipulate Twitch views, not very ethical imho.

[Deleted User]Nextrix
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    LostHawk said:

Warframe made their own viewbotting system at this moment so don't pay attention to how many views they get.
    If you tie your Twitch account to your Warframe account and watch streams who are affiliated with their "drops" system: you get rewards in-game so people play the game while keeping 2 or 3 Warframe Twitch streams open for free loot...
    I like the game but I don't really like how they manipulate Twitch views, not very ethical imho.

Haha awesome. Imagine the rage and outcries if D2 pulled something like that. But no, D2 is here to be hated on, no matter how stunning it looks, smoothly it plays or perfect the gunfights are. A simple target for simple people.

All the people crying 'bad game' give no reasons as to why or come up with nonsense like 'console port.' Not enough content is a nice one too. Its a shooter, go play Bioshock or The Darkness and come back whining about lack of content. D2 is NOT an MMORPG. Its a lobby based shooter with permanent progression in the shape of gear and levels. It also borrows gameplay mechanics from MMOs but most certainly isn't one, I would call it Global Agenda 2.0

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I feel like we had the same exact complaints about content in D1, and by the end of D1, everyone had more than enough content. Seems to me that if they're making a D3 they should hold onto it for an extra year and add more front-loaded content.

Conversely, if they were able to, they should be bringing back old overworld maps and strikes, and adding new adventures and events to them to diversify.
    ConstantineMerus[Deleted User]Nextrix

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• Kane72Kane72 Member UncommonPosts: 211
    edited October 2017
    I bought Destiny 2 for my PS4, and like 90% of those who bought it, I struggle to find the will to log on and play.

The content is minimal and after 4-6 hours a week you have nothing to do that makes you want to play. Once you hit the level cap, which you quickly do, there is no incentive as there's no decent gear to play for - everyone looks more or less the same so soon.

If you haven't bought D2 yet, don't waste your money. I played 4,000 hours on D1 and 60 hours on D2 and it's dull, dull, dull.

What Bungie should have done is just release D2 as a D1 DLC so e could have the new zones but as part of the much better game. They have ripped out all the good stuff from D1 presumably so they can sell it back to you as DLC for D2.

Best advice I can give is save your money, no matter how much you loved D1, because D2 isn't fit to lace it's boots. The Bungie forum is testimony to that. 90% drop is player-base.