Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mmo Reboot?

syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
was wondering what scrapped mmo you guys whould like to see remade with better engines and the knowledge of todays mmo´s.
personally i whould love to see warhammer fantasy online remade again. with better graphics ,animations and whatnot.
-cheers

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Guildwars isn't exactly a MMO but darn close and I certainly would like to see a new version there.

Besides that I think Asherons call would be the top of my list, mainly because nothing like it exist today. DaoC would also be nice but maybe CU can do just that.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Tabula Rasa

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    timtrackimmodiumgunklacker
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Anarchy Online. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    SWG is the obvious choice.
    ConstantineMeruscameltosis

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited October 2017
    Auto Assault. You could even ditch the bs that "...and the knowledge of todays mmo´s." is, and just rerelease the very same game with an up-to-date engine.

edit: more than a decade ago... https://youtu.be/Qtfq877mg6M
    (and they were right, the mmorpg did change, for the worse, if you look at all these action craps and browser / mobile taking ahead - though I'm sure they were thinking something else when they did that line in the trailer :smiley: )
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    DAoC (no... Camelot Unchained is NOT DAoC remade)
    Shadowbane

MrMelGibson

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    DMKano said:
    Scarlet Blade FTW!!!

The twist of the reboot would be - all characters would be dudes.

lol
    Scarlet Schlong! Make it happen!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    laxieMrMelGibson
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    DMKano said:
    Scarlet Blade FTW!!!

lol
    SEXY DUDES PLZ
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    City of Heroes - what, you expected me to say anything else?

Actually I would also like to see a modernized version of EQ2 with the annoying problems fixed.

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602
    syltmacka said:
    was wondering what crap mmo you guys whould like to see remade with better engines and the knowledge of todays mmo´s.

Star Trek Online and Neverwinter Online. LotRO aint crap, but the engine could use an update, the gameplay could be a bit faster plus the f2p model is terrible.

Scrapped MMOs? Maybe Vanguard, but it's more about the systems and career paths than the game lore and world. So if those systems would be used some where else, I don't mind either.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    lahnmir said:
    DMKano said:
    Scarlet Blade FTW!!!

lol
    Scarlet Schlong! Make it happen!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    SB already had dudes by the time of the shutdown - ok, just one class, so it was more like breaking the (inverse) gender barrier :wink:

Scarlet Schlong, I thought that's Conan Exiles...
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    I would not mind Hellgate made into a warframe like game. It is probably a bad idea to make a "real" MMO though. 
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Loke666 said:
    Guildwars isn't exactly a MMO but darn close and I certainly would like to see a new version there.

Besides that I think Asherons call would be the top of my list, mainly because nothing like it exist today. DaoC would also be nice but maybe CU can do just that.
    GW 1 type of game set in Deus Ex universe.
    MrMelGibson
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    City of Heroes
    Daoc
    Warhammer online
    MrMelGibson

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• RhevinRhevin Member UncommonPosts: 611
    Lineage ][

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Wurm Online.

Its still being worked on yes I know but I would like to see the game 'modernized' in how it looks

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• forcelimaforcelima Member UncommonPosts: 232
    DMKano said:
    The reality is - none of these will be rebooted due to license agreements/IP issues.

EMU is the best you can hope for.

It was asking for people's opinions on what they would like to see rebooted. Jesus you just gotta jump in and try to piss in people's Cheerios
    KyleranScorchien
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I'd have to say SWG and Vanguard. 

Cryomatrix
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    If we could fuse two MMOs together to be rebooted, I'd pick ATiTD for the crafting and a themepark for good combat and story.
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • switchesswitches Member CommonPosts: 1
    irth online and asherons call
    lahnmir said:
    Tabula Rasa

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

But don't make it a MMO. Just make it an online shooter like Destiny 2.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Very few good mmorpgs ever so can't really think of a scrapped one i would like to see brought back unless overall design improved but then it wouldn't be the same game.
    I feel the biggest drawback is all of these games are designed on a rail,from level 1 to end level they feel identical just substituting level 1 for a different level.

They are SUPPOSE to be a living world,npc's trying to look like real citizens,eco systems,weather and realistic or plausible ideas but nope,everything looks cheap to me,like very little effort or thought put into systems.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Wizardry said:

They are SUPPOSE to be a living world,npc's trying to look like real citizens,eco systems,weather and realistic or plausible ideas but nope,everything looks cheap to me,like very little effort or thought put into systems.

lol .. they are just entertainment, and not "supposed to be" anything. In fact, there is no point to adhere to any hypothetical design, and design should change to accommodate changing tastes.

Not unlike this site starts to broaden their definition of MMO to attract traffic who does not care about the old traditional MMORPGs.  
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    UO
    DAoC

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Asherons Call ... would be my first choice ...