Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Youtuber LvLCap weigh's up the CitizenCon Planetary demonstration.

BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265

Nice words and exposure to the mainstream gamers out there.

One of us , one of us...
[Deleted User]Gdemami

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    HAHA,,"been a long time">>>>"one of my most anticipated games" seems like a contradiction there.Sort of reminds me of when Angry Joe said the same thing,then never talked about the game for almost 2 years.

If i am excited for a game,i talking about it,as most everyone would be the same.No matter,let's talk about that video.

Claims it feels no less real "procedural generated".I know what i am looking at,so it does not look real to me,yes to a total noob to game design,it looks cool but nothing more than average.
    To show how EASY it is to do this sort of stuff with more hands on ,here is an almost 20 year old map that is similar to this only lower quality because of it's age.
    It doesn't take 3+ years to come up with one cool looking map unless everything in that map was hand crafted and even then they could make 3-5 of those maps by now.

Does the city look good,yes but to make a game world,they are going to need a LOT more in assets/content and maps/cities.So at their current rate of production,how many more years to get 3 of these maps.....6 years?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    >>>>
    To show how EASY it is to do this sort of stuff with more hands on ,here is an almost 20 year old map that is similar to this only lower quality because of it's age.
    >>>>

Sorry, but the city shown in that video has about the visual fidelity of Minecraft.

It may look cool to you, but it does not to me.

>>>>
    Does the city look good,yes but to make a game world,they are going to need a LOT more in assets/content and maps/cities.So at their current rate of production,how many more years to get 3 of these maps.....6 years?
    >>>>

With the right tools in place now ... i think it will be much faster.

Have fun
    Gdemami
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Not going to lie, I am getting more impressed with this. Interesting.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    edited October 2017
    Wizardry said:
    HAHA,,"been a long time">>>>"one of my most anticipated games" seems like a contradiction there.Sort of reminds me of when Angry Joe said the same thing,then never talked about the game for almost 2 years.

If i am excited for a game,i talking about it,as most everyone would be the same.No matter,let's talk about that video.

Claims it feels no less real "procedural generated".I know what i am looking at,so it does not look real to me,yes to a total noob to game design,it looks cool but nothing more than average.
    It doesn't take 3+ years to come up with one cool looking map unless everything in that map was hand crafted and even then they could make 3-5 of those maps by now.

Jesus, dude. I usually skip your bile-fueled novel-length posts, but I honesty tried reading this one a few times. Sentence fragments, run-on sentences...sorry, I just could not understand what you were trying to say with any certainty.

Are you saying an old, shitty hand-made city map done in UNreal engine 2004 proves the SC demo showing automated, planet-wide city created using a library of artist-created assets is crap?
    HatefullGdemami

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    spankybus said:
    Wizardry said:

Jesus, dude. I usually skip your bile-fueled novel-length posts, but I honesty tried reading this one a few times. Sentence fragments, run-on sentences...sorry, I just could not understand what you were trying to say with any certainty.

Are you saying an old, shitty hand-made city map done in UNreal engine 2004 proves the SC demo showing automated, planet-wide city created using a library of artist-created assets is crap?
    I read his post as well (something I rarely do) and I could not makes heads nor tails of it. Not being an ass here, I literally could not figure it out.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 268
    When do we get this on our HDDs then?

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    Hatefull said:
    spankybus said:
    Wizardry said:

I read his post as well (something I rarely do) and I could not makes heads nor tails of it. Not being an ass here, I literally could not figure it out.
    Glad it wasn’t just me. Thought I was loosing my marbles and forgot how to read.

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature