Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World Of Starcraft

chaostengchaosteng Member Posts: 6
Is this game comming out or something? Because i was on Gamefaqs.com board and i saw this game in the forums. And people were posting like they were playing the beta. If this comes out, hope it is good cause for sure i will buy it.

Close The Gate Of Oblivion!

Comments

• phosphorosphosphoros Member Posts: 512

It was an April Fools joke.

Although i think it would be a decent game myself. Most companies would rather churn out one fantasy MMO after another because it's safe.

I doubt Blizzard would make it but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

• chaostengchaosteng Member Posts: 6
    dang i was fooled by a aprils fool joke! o well but yeah this game would be pretty nice, a space battle between 3 races etc etc.

Close The Gate Of Oblivion!

• theanimedudetheanimedude Member UncommonPosts: 1,610

Originally posted by chaosteng
    dang i was fooled by a aprils fool joke! o well but yeah this game would be pretty nice, a space battle between 3 races etc etc.

yes and no.

dont get me wrong, I played starcraft for the better part of 8 years! but honestly, how about we make blizzard get on the asses of their third party developer of starcraft: ghost and get them to finish that already? isnt that like 3 years overdue now? seriously!!!

But other than that, I dont think there is enough lore behind StarCraft to make it a good MMORPG, which is exactly where it falls short. Ghost will bring more lore, and hopefully a StarCraft 2 some day will also help fuel that lore. Then i'll talk to you about possibly breaking into a new genre. For now, StarCraft isn't only dead, but the priest is long overdue to resurrect it.

• RanlifRanlif Member Posts: 3
    Blizzard has the money. Would not be surprised if they tried it.
  • SolanarSolanar Member UncommonPosts: 188

But other than that, I dont think there is enough lore behind StarCraft to make it a good MMORPG, which is exactly where it falls short. Ghost will bring more lore, and hopefully a StarCraft 2 some day will also help fuel that lore. Then i'll talk to you about possibly breaking into a new genre. For now, StarCraft isn't only dead, but the priest is long overdue to resurrect it.

starcraft ghost was put back indefinately. go to gamespot and find the game, under news.

?played: Nearly everything.
    ?waiting: *Darkfall*, Hero''s Journey

• amark_8amark_8 Member Posts: 75

I think that a starcraft mmo would fail miserably. They should do what happened to Age of Empires 3. They should update the game and add some new units and much better graphics. Then call is starcraft 2 or something.

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

Originally posted by amark_8

I think that a starcraft mmo would fail miserably. They should do what happened to Age of Empires 3. They should update the game and add some new units and much better graphics. Then call is starcraft 2 or something.

LOL WoW maks 5mil subs, its practicly the same game, but honestly starcraft is better to me.....you should have thought it out before posting

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276
    if blizard did make a starcraft MMO, I think it could be sucessful; if they ditched the cartoony look that WoW has. Realy, make an MMO bassed off of the (fairly dark) world of starcraft, and it wouldn't be that bad , if they did it right.

• Gaurdlevel21Gaurdlevel21 Member Posts: 7
    Hmmm... That would be really cool. There would be different models for the Character you picked. IE Ultralisk Marine and Zealot. But it would be really cool if we could submit custom maps from Starcraft, or Brood War so they could turn that into a zone. That would be tight. And there is no level, it is kills. Yeah... I would definitaly buy it.