Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Backers got a tech demo and cake

2»

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

Erillion said:
    What people forget is that the people in the audience were able to play Alpha 3.0 on 2 dozen computers right outside in the Capitol atrium. He does not mention 3.0 because everyone there could play it during the convention. And they were able to check out themselves other innovations on another dozen computers. 

Have fun
    What I saw was allot of people with wtf face when he called everyone up and they all realized he isn't going to say anything about 3.0 and it was over. So many hours of boredom, did you see the bored faces of everyone there.

Everyone was watching for 3.0.

What they got was a tech demo for future stuff not even going to be in 3.0.

Remember when CR said the game is pretty much ready to go...and yet still no game play.

That was allot of money spent for fluff and blue cake.
    You see what you want to see.

From personal reports of my friends on site - they were absolutely not bored and liked the new convention format. Many devs to talk too, enough time to talk with them (and play 3.0 with them). 

Lots of chances to visit org mates and socialize. 

One got his face scanned and will be in the game as an NPC. 

Have fun

JamesGoblinGdemamiMaxBaconOdeezee
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited October 2017
    Erillion said:
    ScotchUp said:
    Erillion said:
    What people forget is that the people in the audience were able to play Alpha 3.0 on 2 dozen computers right outside in the Capitol atrium. He does not mention 3.0 because everyone there could play it during the convention. And they were able to check out themselves other innovations on another dozen computers. 

Have fun
    Then I have to ask, wasn't that a bad business decision? It would have brought people running to buy into the game. Everywhere I have read it's about 3.0, yet you never allow any perspective future customer to finally take the leap.

I need to go retake some business classes I guess.
    The days around the convention were some of the days with the most sales ever, with around 2 M$ in 2 days. Sounds like good business decisions.
    So far on October they're about $2.5 million down from 2016, and about $1.5 million down from 2015. Even if they still have coupl of days of October left, it doesn't look like very good Citizencon sales.

But I think their problem is more with releasing patch 3.0.0 than any decision they've made in CitizenCon. It's hard to keep the fans hyped when there's been so much time since they released anything more than minor updates.
    JamesGoblin

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Was it a real cake, a demo cake or a concept cake?
    JamesGoblinSlapshot1188Dakeru
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    So the biggest news shown to people that backed 4 years late game, are tools that will speed up development process !

But thats great, now it may be out by 2031 !
    JamesGoblinOdeezeeNilden

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    What kind of cake?

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Erillion said:
    ScotchUp said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun
    Then I have to ask, wasn't that a bad business decision? It would have brought people running to buy into the game. Everywhere I have read it's about 3.0, yet you never allow any perspective future customer to finally take the leap.

I need to go retake some business classes I guess.
    The days around the convention were some of the days with the most sales ever, with around 2 M$ in 2 days. Sounds like good business decisions.

Have fun
    One thing the folks making this game clearly understand is business decisions. 

The fact they can still sell ships at these prices and quantities proves it.

The Church of Scientology is probably taking notes.  ;)
    MaxBaconSlapshot1188Shodanaspantaro

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    It was a picture of a cake, they haven't baked it yet. It is up for sale however.

Cake debt, heard it here first folks.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    NildenIselinAsheram
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    lahnmir said:
    It was a picture of a cake, they haven't baked it yet. It is up for sale however.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I'm guessing cake at launch will cost more.
    NildenMadFrenchieIselin

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    How much do pictures of the cake cost?
    Nilden
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Kyleran said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I'm guessing cake at launch will cost more.
    Some of the cake won't even be for sale at launch, you have to get it now. It might not be your flavor but there is no way to tell right now so thats a risk cake lovers will have to take.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Erillion said:
    Glad they stopped doing live demos.  This is much smoother.  See they're going back to quarterly updates.  
    That was a live demo of the newest build.

Not Alpha 2.6.4 live (like they shown during GamesCom) , if that is what you meant.

Have fun
    I find it hard to believe that was a live demo.  CR never gave the player directions that went off script like he has in the past and nothing went wrong like it has in the past.  My impression was his commentary was based on previously viewing the video and matching his responses. 

Perhaps I missed it but he never said it was live like he usually does at the start.  It was a one person demo so who knows, in the past there were several people doing it.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Don't they have ships that have been purchased but not delivered since 2014?  I'm afraid their backlog is only going to get bigger.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Don't they have ships that have been purchased but not delivered since 2014?  I'm afraid their backlog is only going to get bigger.
    Pretty sure everything past a certain date they said the ships wouldn't be making it in game until after release. Just can't remember how far back it goes
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    SEANMCAD said:
    how is demo and a cake a con?
    if the cake was fake it was a con. ;p
    [Deleted User]
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    edited October 2017
    the cake is a lie
    mrputtsAsheram
  • mrputtsmrputts Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Warlyx said:
    the cake is a lie