Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New North American - East Monarch to be Added - Are You Ready to Rule? - Chronicles of Elyria News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageNew North American - East Server to be Added - Are You Ready to Rule? - Chronicles of Elyria News

The Chronicles of Elyria site has been updated with the news that a new North American - East monarch slot is going to be added that opens up space for a new ruler. Starting on November 1st, players will be able to purchase a

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited October 2017
    So they are "adding" another server so they can try to sell more cash shop stuff? Ok sorry I swore the title said a new server when I posted this.
    Post edited by Asheram on
    MikehaForgrimmFalendormissmissy
  • FalendorFalendor Member UncommonPosts: 81
    The article is very poorly written.
    The NA-E server (named Luna) has been planed since they announced their would be more than one server (like EVE).
    Now that the kings/queans that have purchased a kingdom have picked servers their is 1 open slot on the NA-E server.
    instead of selling it of to the highest bidder they are empowering the community to decide who gets the kingdom slot.
    [Deleted User]Slapshot1188
  • RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136
    Wait - is the game in EA now? Or is this Kingdom thing just something to keep busy with until then?
    Alomar
  • MrTugglesMrTuggles Member UncommonPosts: 188

Falendor said:

The NA-E server (named Luna) has been planed since they announced their would be more than one server (like EVE).

Now that the kings/queans that have purchased a kingdom have picked servers their is 1 open slot on the NA-E server.

instead of selling it of to the highest bidder they are empowering the community to decide who gets the kingdom slot.

This is both correct, and incorrect. I believe there was an individual on the NA-East Server who purchased a double kingdom. Yes, he spent $20,000 for two kingdoms. SBS saw how this could utterly destroy any type of balance on the server and decided to limit someone to having one kingdom. Now that the slot is open they are going to essentially raffle it off, kind of. I am not sure how I would feel if I were someone who had spent 10k on a game to be a king just to see someone else get "elected" into that 10k position.
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    So when exactly can people start playing this game?
    BruceYeeAlomarOctagon7711

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• FalendorFalendor Member UncommonPosts: 81

MrTuggles said:

Falendor said:

This is both correct, and incorrect. I believe there was an individual on the NA-East Server who purchased a double kingdom. Yes, he spent $20,000 for two kingdoms. SBS saw how this could utterly destroy any type of balance on the server and decided to limit someone to having one kingdom. Now that the slot is open they are going to essentially raffle it off, kind of. I am not sure how I would feel if I were someone who had spent 10k on a game to be a king just to see someone else get "elected" into that 10k position.

Hmmm, i couldn't find anything to suggest they altered the 2 kingdom setup on NA-E (Vornair still listed as 2 kingdoms on their recutring page), but i didnt spend much time looking and have not been as active on the forums this past month.
    When i herd about this i assumed it was the slot left open when Riftwood moved from NA-E to NA-W last minute.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited October 2017
    So they THINK,i want to give them money so i can basically give that money to somebody else,what planet were these guys born on?This game and it's studio are becoming more everyday a shameful deceit operation.

Ok today we have some news...you can give us some money in a different way than the last news we had,....seriously?
    I am stuck trying to figure if i am more sorry for the CIG supporters or the ones who have spent money on this studio.

In another 20 years we will look back and realize there is now law against these kind of crooked operations.You either have a suitable product for sale or you don't,anything in between is deceiving consumers.I only wonder how the law will be worded...."ghosting products"?
    BruceYeesausagemix

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    im lost a bit. i guess we can buy an item to give out tokens
    Kyleran

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Redemp said:

Wait - is the game in EA now? Or is this Kingdom thing just something to keep busy with until then?

Nah, it;s the usual crowdfunding shenanigans where you spend the money now to play the game in 2 or 3 or 4 years' time... if they actually manage to finish the game at all, lol

OzmodanKyleranNilden
  • missmissymissmissy Member CommonPosts: 2
    how o do I get the key
  • missmissymissmissy Member CommonPosts: 2
    how do I get key
    JamesGoblin
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    missmissy said:
    how do I get key
    There's no game or even alpha for there to be a key to!
    Phry
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986

Falendor said:

LOL no.

What they are doing is trying yet again to squeeze another drop of blood from the supporters. If they wanted to "empower the community" they could have just voted. Instead it's a contest to see who can raise the most money through $10 cash tokens. It's not even one token per person. There is no limit to the number of tokens you or anyone else can buy. Oh yeah... if you don't "win", tough nuggies. All you have left is more of their P2W game currency called Exposition Points. You don't get your money back.

This is utterly disgusting and people who support it should be ashamed of how they are enabling this type of behavior. When you say they aren't selling it to the highest bidder you are telling an untruth. Not only are they selling it to the person who raises the most cash (self funded or through "followers") but they are raising money from all the losers as only 1 King will be made.

Utterly disgraceful.

DvoraOzmodanMadFrenchieTalonsinNildensausagemix

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Tiamat64 said:
    missmissy said:
    how do I get key
    Or is there! send them $50 to find out :p

Is it officially time to call this whole shenanigan a scam now? ;)
    Slapshot1188Ozmodan
    edited October 2017

Phry said:

Tiamat64 said:

missmissy said:

how do I get key

Or is there! send them $50 to find out :p

Is it officially time to call this whole shenanigan a scam now? ;)

I wish MMORPG would actually take a look at what these guys are doing instead of just forwarding their PR. This is disgraceful.  This isn't even a straight up auction.  IMHO it's like those "penny auction" sites where you bid to try and buy cheap iPads

https://www.quibids.com

Post edited by Slapshot1188 on
    DvoraOzmodan

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Asheram said:
    So they are "adding" another server so they can try to sell more cash shop stuff? Ok sorry I swore the title said a new server when I posted this.
    It did, they changed it at some point.
    AsheramJamesGoblin
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    At first this game was a complete joke with rule sets that even a large experienced team would have trouble implementing.  Now they are money grubbing disgrace.  Anyone that still supports this game is tilting at windmills.
    Slapshot1188
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505

Falendor said:

LOL no.

What they are doing is trying yet again to squeeze another drop of blood from the supporters. If they wanted to "empower the community" they could have just voted. Instead it's a contest to see who can raise the most money through $10 cash tokens. It's not even one token per person. There is no limit to the number of tokens you or anyone else can buy. Oh yeah... if you don't "win", tough nuggies. All you have left is more of their P2W game currency called Exposition Points. You don't get your money back.

This is utterly disgusting and people who support it should be ashamed of how they are enabling this type of behavior. When you say they aren't selling it to the highest bidder you are telling an untruth. Not only are they selling it to the person who raises the most cash (self funded or through "followers") but they are raising money from all the losers as only 1 King will be made.

Utterly disgraceful.

No no, it's not disgraceful at all!  If it weren't for benevolent developers such as these, ready to make our gaming dreams come true for just 12 easy payments of $1,000,000, we wouldn't ever get anything but the same carbon copy games over and over, remember?!?
    Phry

• KooturKootur Member UncommonPosts: 352
    edited October 2017

Ozmodan said:

At first this game was a complete joke with rule sets that even a large experienced team would have trouble implementing.  Now they are money grubbing disgrace.  Anyone that still supports this game is tilting at windmills.

Why are people shitting on this game so much?
    [Deleted User]
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545

LOL no.

Utterly disgraceful.

It brings new meaning to the saying, "Vote with your wallet!"
    Tiamat64 said:

It brings new meaning to the saying, "Vote with your wallet!"
    Yeah... it boggles my mind that a supporter could come and say "instead of selling it of to the highest bidder they are empowering the community to decide who gets the kingdom slot."

Decide by buying $10 tokens with no purchase limit... and obviously no refunds if "your guy" doesn't raise the most cash.  Sure sounds like community empowerment doesn't it? /sarcasm

Just when you think they can't get any worse... they find new lows.

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003

Nilden said:

So when exactly can people start playing this game?

After the second DLC.
    [Deleted User]

• sausagemixsausagemix Member UncommonPosts: 96
    I remember being excited for this game. I was such a moron.
    Arpat
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I've heard of pay to win but pay to vote to win?

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey